Promenada. New one year visa extension, only 5 minute wait !

happy Joe

Last Tuesday I go to the office at 10 am with a complete record* At that time there was no wait.

The hostess takes it and gives me the number 15. They states that the service supports 10 numbers in the morning and and as much in the afternoon. By insisting, she specifies that I should be called around 3 pm and advises me to come a little before.

I come back in 3 pm but found that the officer already treats the number 17. I show my number 15 and he received me 5 minutes after.

By the end he asked modest contribution 1900b and inform me that in absence of the great chief I could get my passport the next day after 9 am. Wednesday morning, it comes ready.

Bilan, a 5 minute wait in total and 3 runs the office.

(*) Download documents requested, list for income-letter proof.

Doc Visa.docx

I was there Tuesday morning at about 8am for a 90 day. I remember thinking how few people there were in the queue for a retirement extension. Maybe10 when they began handing out the tickets.

I was there Tuesday morning at about 8am for a 90 day. I remember thinking how few people there were in the queue for a retirement extension. Maybe10 when they began handing out the tickets.

Yes ... like every day. Mathematically visa applicants are four times less likely than those who come to confirm their 90 days biggrin.png ..
Still, I almost died laughing at the idea that some have seen fit to queue from 2am cheesy.gif listening to the institution of whining in this forum.
Edited by happy Joe

Happy Joe thank you for your report. Is this a new service at Immigration Promenada? Had you previously made an appointment in order to know you could arrive at 10 am and be assured of receiving a queue number? In the past, they've distributed all the retirement extensions queue numbers for the day prior to starting the day's business.

The document you attached "list for income letter proof" is this something Immigration gave you? One of the documents listed is - "Review of taxation, bank letter or other document used by the consulate to confirm your annual income" What did you supply and did they want a copy or just looked at it. Another document listed is "Bank book to date (within one month)" this appears to be new because they've never asked for bank details when using an Income Letter for retirement extensions. So, did you need a letter from your bank, also?

Many thanks for sharing more details.

NancyL,

In the past I have been asked for bank book copies as well as my income affidavit. I can only recall twice, although it may have been more, and it was quite some time ago.

There have been many different requests of documentation according to many posts on ThaiVisa.

Also, in the linked list of requirements it indicates "Review of taxation, bank letter or other document used by the consulate to confirm your annual income", which I have never been asked for.

You must remember that the officer can ask for almost anything to satisfy their concern of a person's reason for requesting the permission to stay. (for the pedantics people, you, yourself, have referred to this as "visa extension" in the past).

I, personally, do not know of anyone that was asked for something "just to make it hard" for them. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know of anyone.

Edited by hml367

He got there at 10:00 in the morning and got a queue number because they had not given out all 20 for the day. Seems like this time of the year there is not as many people asking for the extensions on their what ever. Mine is a retirement one. At least that is what it says on the original.

I only take in proof of income statement from the American conciliate. I also have the proof but the one time I tried to show it to them they would not let me. Not needed they say. As for 5 minutes to do the whole process that is remarkable unless you are using an agent. I admit it is not always the applicants fault. It took me 1/2 hour one year at the airport. The lady was sitting at the back desk where a man usually sat. The other staff kept coming up and asking her questions. At one point she went into the managers office for 15 minutes. She had no problem what so ever with my papers they were all there and signed properly.

I wonder if he was using a partial bank balance and the rest in guaranteed income? Half of each or some sort of division. Not sure what the least amount in the bank would be acceptable.

He got there at 10:00 in the morning and got a queue number because they had not given out all 20 for the day. Seems like this time of the year there is not as many people asking for the extensions on their what ever. Mine is a retirement one. At least that is what it says on the original.

In the past, they've not given out any "left over" queue numbers once they start to see applicants because they want to review the documents prior to giving a queue number and the "hostesses" at the desk aren't qualified to review the documents. Maybe they're just giving out that list of required documents instead.

I only take in proof of income statement from the American conciliate. I also have the proof but the one time I tried to show it to them they would not let me. Not needed they say. As for 5 minutes to do the whole process that is remarkable unless you are using an agent. I admit it is not always the applicants fault. It took me 1/2 hour one year at the airport. The lady was sitting at the back desk where a man usually sat. The other staff kept coming up and asking her questions. At one point she went into the managers office for 15 minutes. She had no problem what so ever with my papers they were all there and signed properly.

I wonder if he was using a partial bank balance and the rest in guaranteed income? Half of each or some sort of division. Not sure what the least amount in the bank would be acceptable.

American conciliate?

Happy Joe thank you for your report. Is this a new service at Immigration Promenada? Had you previously made an appointment in order to know you could arrive at 10 am and be assured of receiving a queue number? In the past, they've distributed all the retirement extensions queue numbers for the day prior to starting the day's business. The document you attached "list for income letter proof" is this something Immigration gave you? One of the documents listed is - "Review of taxation, bank letter or other document used by the consulate to confirm your annual income" What did you supply and did they want a copy or just looked at it. Another document listed is "Bank book to date (within one month)" this appears to be new because they've never asked for bank details when using an Income Letter for retirement extensions. So, did you need a letter from your bank, also? Many thanks for sharing more details.

No Nancy, no appointments, no agency, no special assistance. And so I process thus every year.
However I do one month in advance to choose a conducive day (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday) and retain the ability to come back later if the quota is exceeded.
Usually I wait between one and three hours as each of us for boss signing but Thuesday, his absence avoided me the pain. That is why I thought it good to initiate this thread.

On my recommendation an acquaintance showed up at 9:30 one morning recently to get his extension of stay and was given queue number 14 if I remember correctly. He said that there were 3 young women at the table outside and one of them went through his documents before they gave him the queue number. He was just told to come back in the afternoon.

I had suggested that he go there around 3:00 if his number was 15 or above. He said that he showed up around 2:30 and was processed within 15 minutes and then his passport was returned around 3:30. I hope that when my extension needs to be renewed that it is still off season so that I can do it with one quick trip and then a second trip with about an hour wait.

Grin

This is very good news that they're giving out queue numbers (if some remain from their daily quota) after the early morning document check.

Previously, they wouldn't do this; perhaps because no one was qualified to go thru the documents at the desk outside.

In the past, they've not given out any "left over" queue numbers once they start to see applicants because they want to review the documents prior to giving a queue number and the "hostesses" at the desk aren't qualified to review the documents. Maybe they're just giving out that list of required documents instead.

That's what I said. He got there and they had not given them all out so he was given one. 10:00 in the morning and he got number 15 the girls at the front are giving out 20 queue numbers a day now. Awhile back it was I had heard 25 and a couple of times I heard 30. going to be interesting in August or September. I believe that is when the real line ups started last year. I find the processing in 5 minutes remarkable for some one with out an agent.

Now their undercutting their own little earner outside the main office.

Curiouser and curiouser.

The bummer is the guy had to go back 3 times again at 3 pm and again the next day for his signed passport. If you have a vehicle great no vehicle and on the other side of town not so great.

Now their undercutting their own little earner outside the main office.

Curiouser and curiouser.

The bummer is the guy had to go back 3 times again at 3 pm and again the next day for his signed passport. If you have a vehicle great no vehicle and on the other side of town not so great.

Yes, it is a problem. 10 am for the queue number, 3 pm for the interview and the next day to pick up his passport. However, there are ways to make this more tolerable. Movies at the theater on Wednesdays are cheap for everyone so you can go on a Wednesday. Also, if you have a SF Senior Card (I think that's just 100 baht or so, maybe free) you can get into the first movie of the day for just 60 baht, Mon - Fri.

Also there is a free shuttle bus to Promenada. http://www.promenadachiangmai.com/en/news-events/Update%20Shuttle%20Bus%20schedule/30

schedule/30

It doesn't start operation until 11:30 am, but you could take it back to town after your 3 pm interview and use it to return the next day to pick up your passport. Admittedly, it just goes to hotels on the east side of town, but it's very easy to get a regular 20 baht songthaew from there back to the Kad Suan Kaew area.

What's a 'SF Senior Card'? Who gets one, how, cost, benefits, etc?

It's from the cinema at Promenada mall and you pay 60 baht and get to see every movie for 60 baht for the year. It's good at all SF and SFX cinemas.

post-68373-0-25676100-1466240111_thumb.j

American conciliate?

Northern John in his other guise as Mr Malaprop.

What's a 'SF Senior Card'? Who gets one, how, cost, benefits, etc?

It's from the cinema at Promenada mall and you pay 60 baht and get to see every movie for 60 baht for the year. It's good at all SF and SFX cinemas.

attachicon.gifSF Cinema senior discount.jpg

mine cots 99 Baht and every movie is either 80 or 99 Baht. i think Wednesday is 80 Baht. i've renewed it 3 years now. always same price. how strange...

Happy Joe

Good to hear about you report and Visa Extension

But try to go and get one between December and April

A complete different storey

Im looking at mine at the moment

i have 2 options i think i will use the first one next month

It will be easier