Thailand's beer: What are you drinking?

webfact

Been drinking Red Lion made by San Miguel,6% and a nice taste. You have to look for it tho because label is in Thai. 49b a great deal so check it out

Sorry it is red horse. My brews of choice in the states was Sierra Nevada Moosehead IPA, and Dog Fish Head 60 minute IPA. But we are in Thailand and I sure miss a good IPA. Any suggestions,price no object.

Where can buy a good beer in Thailand good ol VB from Australia now thats a real mans beer

VB is good but l always preferred Fosters.

Also liked Swan Draught & in latter years Fourex Gold.

Tasmania also produces some good beers.

We do/did have some horrors though!

Who ever remembers KB Lager or Resch's Bitter.

l would rather had NOT drunk/drank than drink those two revolting brews.!

Back in the 70s l remember the joy of finding a pub in London that sold Swan Lager.

From then on, l was one of their best customers until l left the UK.

"Is there a way to escape these beer relentless headaches"?

For all those who drink pint after pint every day, I emphasis "every", you deserve all you get, and I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

A person showing the signs of alcohol changing their mood, will never be welcome in my company.

What is so hard about limiting your alcohol, and having a couple of drink free days in a week?

I love cakes, biscuits and ice cream, but I take it in moderation as I don't want to get fat like all my Farang friends, with the very odd exception.

Why can't beer drinkers do the same?

For all those who drink pint after pint every day, I emphasis "every", you deserve all you get, and I have absolutely no sympathy for you.

A person showing the signs of alcohol changing their mood, will never be welcome in my company.

What is so hard about limiting your alcohol, and having a couple of drink free days in a week?

I love cakes, biscuits and ice cream, but I take it in moderation as I don't want to get fat like all my Farang friends, with the very odd exception.

I dont drink pints so no headaches for me.

• Like 1

Am over the local swill so each month (payday) I buy a few boxes from wish beer. Typically only buy IPA's though.

This month I bought BrewDog - Jackhammer, 8 Wired - Super Conductor, To Ol - Insane In The Grain and Stone Brewing - Ruination Double.

All very nice beers.

I like the brewdog IPA

OB

bah.gif Thats me vomiting in your lap

Been drinking Red Lion made by San Miguel,6% and a nice taste. You have to look for it tho because label is in Thai. 49b a great deal so check it out

Sorry it is red horse. My brews of choice in the states was Sierra Nevada Moosehead IPA, and Dog Fish Head 60 minute IPA. But we are in Thailand and I sure miss a good IPA. Any suggestions,price no object.

If price is not an issue its all here https://www.wishbeer.com/en/428-american?p=2

Because it keeps people like you away. I even got a sudden urge to open a cold one right now as deterrent.

What do you mean it keeps people like me away? If the people drink socially, and it does not affect their moods

then they have no problem.

I get invitation to get togethers with local Farangs all the time, many of whom have been friends for many years, none

of them seem to want to keep me away, but then, none of them are drunks.

laugh.png

bah.gif Thats me vomiting in your lap

laugh.png That's me after some drunk is lying on the floor after attempting to vomit in my lap.

Thai beer is a light, refreshing drink, best served with ice, with the bonus effect of getting you pissed. That doesn't mean it's bad, just that it's different to beers from some other places.

Philistine

OB

Beer snob.

SB

• Like 1

I rarely buy my beer in the 7/11. It's asking for trouble. The neighbourhood gossip is bound to be in there too. I opt for the local mom and pop shop like everyone else. There you are guaranteed discretion, no questions asked.

Go to the 7/11 and que up with a 4 pack of beers, it better be the weekend cause on a working day you don't half attract attention.

I rarely buy my beer in the 7/11. It's asking for trouble. The neighbourhood gossip is bound to be in there too. I opt for the local mom and pop shop like everyone else. There you are guaranteed discretion, no questions asked.

Go to the 7/11 and que up with a 4 pack of beers, it better be the weekend cause on a working day you don't half attract attention.

Who cares who knows?

• Like 2

The only beer l could drink was Chang Draught (not classic) then they stopped making it facepalm.gif .

Fortunately Archa seemed to have changed their recipe and it is now drinkable..

My favorite drink at home(UK)is Guinness or a nice real Ale,that's probably why my normal beer here is Singha.

Or if I have to put ice in it,Archa,without ice its got a strange aftertaste.

But as my friend says,no such thing as a bad beer,some are just better than others!. ;-)

Edited by MAZ3