Beach Road gets another flooding ‘solution’

Rimmer

Beach Road gets another flooding ‘solution’

1194n6outlets.jpg

PATTAYA:--With Pattaya’s 170-million-baht installation of three new drainage pipelines having proved a failure at solving Beach Road flooding problems, the city has decided to construct three new culverts to let the storm runoff drain faster – and untreated – into the ocean.

Work on three new concrete-sided tunnels began June 6 near the intersections of sois 9 and 10, and in front of Central Festival Pattaya Beach. The plan is to have water pouring onto Beach Road from higher elevations wash into the culverts, under the beachfront footpath, through the sand and into sea.

The water, polluted by sewage backups and garbage from higher elevations, will enter the sea without being funneled through the city’s water-treatment plant.

Read More:http://www.pattayamail.com/news/beach-road-gets-another-flooding-solution-139388

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-06-17 footer_n.gif

The solution is simple, but wheelchairs can't use the boulevard anymore also people with a handicap of walking, but the water will flow with all rubbish into the sea and also the sand of that beachpart.

But a new steeple-chase boulevard is born biggrin.png

I see a new attraction before my eye.

Standing on the footbridge and watch the trash being washed underneath to the sea in a mighty stream.

So far it was a stream from the VT6 beach rd. exit (next to Central) which almost took people off their feet.

Last year watched a slow flow of trash (knee-deep) through Soi Buakhao from a bar stool. Lift your feet! biggrin.png

We were lucky enough to catch the only real heavy rainstorm of 2015 during our week.

Edited by KhunBENQ

It beggars belief that they are doing it in the rainy season when days of work can be lost due to rain. Pouring concrete in rain?... Oh dear. These sort of projects should be taken in the dry season.

"The water, polluted by sewage backups and garbage from higher elevations, will enter the sea without being funneled through the city’s water-treatment plant."

Brilliant!

They could have saved 170 million baht by proceeding with this ingenious plan in the first place.

By the way, when it comes to raw sewage, rubbish is the least of your worries, Pattaya...

Third World. wai2.gif wai.gif Goes 3.5.

Standing on the footbridge and watch the trash being washed underneath to the sea in a mighty stream.

So far it was a stream from the VT6 beach rd. exit (next to Central) which almost took people off their feet.

Last year watched a slow flow of trash (knee-deep) through Soi Buakhao from a bar stool. Lift your feet! biggrin.png

We were lucky enough to catch the only real heavy rainstorm of 2015 during our week.

I got stranded in the triangle bar last year

The bar supplied black trash bags for use as water boots for anyone that wanted to leave.

Spent around 2 hours watching motorcycles trying to drive though the river of trash.

Not one made it through

The bar supplied black trash bags for use as water boots for anyone that wanted to leave.

Spent around 2 hours watching motorcycles trying to drive though the river of trash.

Not one made it through

That was in July last year

This brilliant new plan is exactly the system the old promenade pre 2013 used to keep the

flooding on beach road down to mostly manageable levels...

The old promenade did a ok job of removing the water...

No telling how many 100s of millions have been spent in the last 3 years on stupid ideas to

fix this simple problem .....Iike all thoes unsightly and worthless water pumps.....

Not one made it through

That was in July last year

I can think of no better bar to get 'flooded in' at than the Triangle with it's 2-for-1 beer regime.

Cheers!

Most of the water goes straight to the sea anyhow, not through the water treatment plant, not sure where that comes from.

Also where is this raw sewage coming from? Only if existing sewage tunnels flood and overflow.

To be fair I have never seen that all the time I have been here.

Rubbish will be a problem but they can use wire grating for that as they do in the existing tunnels anyhow.

Will need a fair bit of maintenance though to keep them clean and free of rubbish.

Plus they will have to keep replacing sand due to erosion.

So basically if they hadn't "upgraded" beach road (in Jomtien also), none of this would have been needed.

Similar to the old system, plus 170 mil of curse, oops, that didn't work either!

The next shoppingmall near Hard Rock Hotel isn't completely finished yet........they could convert it into a water-treatment-plant instead of letting the garbage and filth run free into the sea; beach pleasure during rainy season will be a no-go!!

The majority of the excess rainfall which makes its way to the beach has never been sent thru the city’s water-treatment plant. its just takes the course of gravity and least resistance

yes that has always been the case with excess flood water draining directly into the bay.

under normal conditions it is pumped away for treatment.

however the lowering of the coconut bar in several places is an admission that the 3 flood relief drainage tunnels have failed to solve the beach rd problem