Hi, Bakabas Here From Sydney Australia

BAKABAS

After reading the posts on this part of the forum, it makes me feel like an old fart. Not much humour from me.. At this stage anyway.. Maybe i will learn a few ticks to be funny...and loosen up. Spose that what happens after working my backside off for 11 years without a holiday.. Hope to come to Chiang Mai for this holiday early next year.. Any tips would be warmly appreciated. ( But i suppose this is the most asked Q from freshmen like me, so i will understand if i don't get much response. I am guessing i need to get my hands dirty and learn from research. I am currently studying Thai Language, to help the journey.

From Serious guy who needs to lighten up and chill out.

My worst attribute is i am totally honest , but have a good eye for scams. I would love to talk to expats who are genuinely interested in helping new Farangs to make the most of my upcoming holiday.

From

WAZZA.

Sydney, Australia

ps: Great to meet you all.

After reading the posts on this part of the forum, it makes me feel like an old fart. Not much humour from me.. At this stage anyway.. Maybe i will learn a few ticks to be funny...and loosen up. Spose that what happens after working my backside off for 11 years without a holiday.. Hope to come to Chiang Mai for this holiday early next year.. Any tips would be warmly appreciated. ( But i suppose this is the most asked Q from freshmen like me, so i will understand if i don't get much response. I am guessing i need to get my hands dirty and learn from research. I am currently studying Thai Language, to help the journey.

My worst attribute is i am totally honest , but have a good eye for scams. I would love to talk to expats who are genuinely interested in helping new Farangs to make the most of my upcoming holiday.

From

WAZZA.

Sydney, Australia

Like going ANYWHERE on holiday, keep your wits about you - dont 'flash the cash', chill and be chilled and you will have a gr8 time, been to LOS before?

From

WAZZA.

Sydney, Australia

Like going ANYWHERE on holiday, keep your wits about you - dont 'flash the cash', chill and be chilled and you will have a gr8 time, been to LOS before?

[WOW! Thks for the tip, but i am totally freaked out.

Also avoid loud and aggressive people, they are vexations to the spirit.

Mate, i live by the desiderata, and have done all my life. I have it on the wall right above me know. !

Freaky! you are my new best friend, i have never met anyone who believes in the desiderata before! and to get this immediately from you, means something beyond reality. There is something working here we cannot comprehend!

Please keep in touch. i know i will.

WAZZA

What is a desiderata ??

Best thing if you want to learn is read everything here, there are also other forums for other subjects re Los.

But just ask away here and people will reply, as long as they are not completely stupid requests. You are encourage to try to find answers for stupid questions on your own.

I am Oz also and been here several years and still dont know much, so ask away.

What is a desiderata ??

Best thing if you want to learn is read everything here, there are also other forums for other subjects re Los.

But just ask away here and people will reply, as long as they are not completely stupid requests. You are encourage to try to find answers for stupid questions on your own.

Desiderata is a poem by a guy called Max Erhmann (from the 1950's I think)

I too have it over my head where I work - I only read it just a few months ago but It struck a chord with me also, I read it each day.

I am moving to LOS Patts next month - so I will need to read it more often than that I think :o

What is a desiderata ??

The desiderata is my lifes rules. do a google and read it.

what is LOS?

I have many questions, none stupid. thanks for offering to answer them as best you can.

WAZZA

I too have it over my head where I work - I only read it just a few months ago but It struck a chord with me also, I read it each day.

I am moving to LOS Patts next month - so I will need to read it more often than that I think :o

Yes, i was originally claimed that it was found in old st pauls church back in 1800's with an unknown author. I grew up with this on the dunny door as a kid. Best place to read something and remember it !

I know it word for word. It was only about 5 years ago i read that is was written by Max Erhmann. I tried not to believe that, but i research it over and over again since. I now know that Max is the author . There is too much reference to him to not believe it. Apparently, his descendants became really upset that he was not recognised as the original author, so his family went on the war path to correct it.

I am moving to LOS Patts next month - so I will need to read it more often than that I think :D

Yes, i was originally claimed that it was found in old st pauls church back in 1800's with an unknown author. I grew up with this on the dunny door as a kid. Best place to read something and remember it !

I know it word for word. It was only about 5 years ago i read that is was written by Max Erhmann. I tried not to believe that, but i research it over and over again since. I now know that Max is the author . There is too much reference to him to not believe it. Apparently, his descendants became really upset that he was not recognised as the original author, so his family went on the war path to correct it.

His family Didnt read the poem then and heed his story then :o

Best thing if you want to learn is read everything here

hahaha.......Best joke of the day so far.................................... :o

Great, thanks for the tip. everything here? does that mean this particular forum or all forums?

Is that a stupid question? HA :D

Mate, thanks again for helping a newbie.

Looks like i have a lot of reading to do!

Best wishes to you.

WAZZA

I am moving to LOS Patts next month - so I will need to read it more often than that I think :D

MMM That makes a lot of sense. i never thought about that irony.

typical of the average human being.

typical of the average human being.

With total respect of Buddhism, i find some similarity with the Desiderata. I guess that is why i am attracted to Buddhist teachings.

This guy won't make it past the Fruit Fly inspection at Suvarnabumi :o:D:D

Naka.

I don't understand what you mean. Judging by the smileys, i assume you were trying to be humorous.

It bewilders me how you could make fun of a serious discussion. I suppose you have idle time to fill in.

thanks for the reply,

Kind Regards,

Naka.

I don't understand what you mean. Judging by the smileys, i assume you were trying to be humorous.

It bewilders me how you could make fun of a serious discussion. I suppose you have idle time to fill in.

thanks for the reply,

Kind Regards,

"Serious Discussion" :D

With four posts in a row, it would appear you are talking to yourself .. get professional help ! :D

Get back on your medication. :D

Naka.

Edited by naka

Naka.

thanks for the reply,

Kind Regards,

"Serious Discussion" :D

With four posts in a row, it would appear you are talking to yourself .. get professional help ! :D

Get back on your medication. :D

Naka.

What, i have to wait for a reply before i can continue talking to someone?

I suppose some people can't help showing off by trying to add their thought to every post in forums.Even at the expense at someone who has never been involved with this type of communication and doesn't know the etiquette. It's like, lets see who can say the funniest thing so they can be on the top of the pile.

Isn't it funny how in every group of people there has to be someone that needs to feel dominant over the rest. At school, we called them bulllies by putting poor little Benny down so they could try and get some peer respect. Nothing really changes as we get older. Or perhaps they were the one that was bullied, and now is the time for payback while hiding behind a computer screen.

Ok, so next time i need to wait for a reply before i say something.

thanks for the tip, you professional forum guy you..

cheers,

You sound a bit too serious for an Aussie

Yeah, i am a serious sort of person, but i am afraid that i am Aussie. Actually , descendants on the 3rd boat here.

I didn't realise that this was a joking forum. Can you recommend a forum where serious people talk about stuff? I'm looking for a " serious" discussion , as going to a different country for the first time can be daunting. It would be good to get some " serious" advice.

Nice to meet you too. :o

Desiderata

From Wikipedia

Desiderata (Latin for "desired things", plural of desideratum) is an inspirational prose poem about attaining happiness in life. It was written in 1927 by Max Ehrmann.

In the 1960s it was widely circulated without attribution to Ehrmann, sometimes with the claim that it was found in a church and was written in 1692. Nevertheless, the estate of Ehrmann has kept various editions of the work in print. A spoken-word recording of the essay was made by Les Crane and reached #8 on the Billboard magazine charts in late 1971.

Excerpts

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste,

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world.

Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Welcome to the forum Wazza.

:o

Desiderata

From Wikipedia

Desiderata (Latin for "desired things", plural of desideratum)

Welcome to the forum Wazza.

:o

Hi Jai Dee,

A big thanks for the welcome.

You learn something everyday. I know the Desiderata off by heart, but never questioned the title itself.

Interesting. Fits perfectly with the essence of the message being told by the poem.

Cheers,

Wazza :D

Wazza, lighten up, sure moving to another country can be a huge worry, but if it is such a worry and not a fun or happy event, then why do it !!

Also someone who said they were desperate for information, you have not really asked anything specific yet.....other than to be serious.....seriously

Wazza,

what is it you would like to know mate?

If it is language help related then please post a topic on the Thai language forum or if it is somewhere to stay in Chiang Mai post it on the ChiangMai forum. Otherwise if it doesnt relate to either of the above than post it here and people will be more than willing to help.

enjoy your trip mate! :o:D

In The Rai!