Wedding Dates

Spee

Hello Group,

Had heard somewhere that there are certain calendar dates that are more desirable and less desirable, whether for good/bad karma, rainy season weather, monks in seclusion, or whatever.

Though that I had found some info on it a while back surfing the web, but cannot find it now.

Does anyone have any info on wedding date selection for a traditional Lanna ceremony?

Are there preferred days or groups of days to stay away from? If so what reason?

Any info or web linx will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for replies,

Spee

that sort of thing will be worked out for you, or at least in my case it was.

In my case, she and I are making all the arrangements.

I'm not so much worried about picking a perfect date, as I am with selecting a date that commits a faux paux with Thai traditions.

We've tentatively discussed the weekend before 2005 Valentine's Day (the 14th is a Monday), because we became engaged on 2004 Valentine's Day.

Before finalizing the date and entering into formal preparations, I wanted to be sure there was nothing wrong with doing it in that timeframe.

I know the rainy season is in the latter part of the year, and I think that is the same time the monks go into seclusion. So I think there are no conflicts then, but just want to be sure.

There are lots of auspicious days, monks, geomancers etc. can figure it out. Perhaps taking all your and fiancee's data into consideration.

For yourself, consider one thing. Do not marry on a day where the 10th, 20th, 25th anniversary would be on the same day as the finals of your favorite sports club. :o