Man wanted for assault arrested by Phuket police while cooking kratom

rooster59

Man wanted for assault arrested by Phuket police while cooking kratom

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-61089000-1466236169_thumb.
Monnut Plakij, 21, reenacts the assault at a well-known resort in Cape Panwa. Photo: Wichit Police

PHUKET: A man who was arrested yesterday (June 17) while cooking kratom at his rented room, was also wanted in connection with the alleged assault on an Australian woman at a well known hotel in Cape Panwa early that same morning.

Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk said that the alleged assault happened just after midnight yesterday when a male went into an Australian woman’s room (police have withheld the woman’s name) at the resort and hit her once in the face with a piece of wood before fleeing.
Later yesterday Col Nikorn and his team arrested 21-year-old, Monnut Plakij, a former employee at the resort, at his rented room in Soi Saman Uthit in Wichit at 5:30pm.
Monnut was arrested together with 34-year-old Isares Awearri when they were both found in possession of 400 grammes of kratom.
tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-06-18

The initiatives they have implemented that were to dramatically reduce crime against tourists don't seem to be working. The tourist courts and the one stop system of victims reporting crimes at 7/11 instead of to police seems to be a fizzer.

seems he was recently fired, so maybe the Australian woman said something to the resort management and he felt that she was responsible for him getting fired.

not condoning his behaviour of course, just giving an explanation of why it may have occured, could just be the typical loss of face/small minded/childish mentality.

Edited by taichiplanet

I am eagerly waiting for the story where a farang fellow just kicks the living sh!t out of a couple of Thai men...seeing a youtube video of a Thai thug getting curb stomped by a provoked farang would really make my day...

I am eagerly waiting for the story where a farang fellow (other than myself) just kicks the living sh!t out of a couple of Thai men...seeing a youtube video (from the safety of my armchair) of a Thai thug getting curb stomped by a provoked farang would really make my day...

...followed by a video of his trip to hospital after a gang beating? So you actually want to see MORE violence? Get real.

Quote edited for context.