CCTV footage captures brutal gang assault in Chonburi

Jonathan Fairfield

CCTV footage captures brutal gang assault in Chonburi

post-137452-0-08624600-1466338415_thumb.

CHONBURI:-- CCTV footage taken at a Chonburi petrol station shows the brutal assault of a man by a gang of three others.

The assault took place at a PTT station in Sri Racha on Friday and began following a brief argument between the victim and the three attackers, reported Sanook News.

In the footage the three men can be seen throwing punches and kicks at the victim before hitting him with a motorcycle helmet and smashing a glass bottle over his head as he lay defenceless on the floor.

A user by the name of Jumsee Jumsee uploaded the footage Facebook and the clip has since gone viral.

According to the Facebook post, Jumsee said that police told the victim to find the attackers himself.

Netizens who watched the video were outraged with the behaviour of the attackers and the response of the police who they criticised for not helping the victim.

Source: Sanook News

*Warning: graphic footage*

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-19

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It must be absolutely horrendous to suffer from the ego and emotional issues so many Thai 'men' suffer from due to the culture and society they are caged in.

sad.png

These daily reports are getting a bit dull..., no 70 yr old grandmother on the ground getting king-kicked in the head?... Bor-Ring.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Happy Grumpy

its sort of understandable to a degree, for example nothing annoys me more then a friend stealing off me and if calling the police isnt an option, and its not in Thailand, then a good beating sometimes reminds the thief that its not always a good idea. Not saying thats the case her, but Thailand runs pretty smoothly considering it doesnt have a legitimate police force, let alone a justice system

Edited by phycokiller

Will expect to see these cretins being hauled in, decked out in bike helmets, waiing all the police bigwigs and any other empty suits who may have lost some face because of their antics.

There are some tough lads here in Thailand undoubtedly, just never to be found anywhere near to one of these increasingly frequent mass gang beat downs.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the poster is staring down a defamation / computer crimes charge for defaming the cops sometime in the not too distant future

They punch like sissies, the one loser can't even use a bottle as a weapon correctly. He smashed it on the helmet.

Hahaha.

One thing I learnt very quickly in Thailand is that a good offence is the best defence.

The two guys wouldn't have had a chance to get off their bikes before I went on the offence.

Fact....

its sort of understandable to a degree, for example nothing annoys me more then a friend stealing off me and if calling the police isnt an option, and its not in Thailand, then a good beating sometimes reminds the thief that its not always a good idea. Not saying thats the case her, but Thailand runs pretty smoothly considering it doesnt have a legitimate police force, let alone a justice system

I understand and agree with what you have said above, BUT there is nothing to say this encounter had anything to do with friends or theft.

The biggest problem here is the face issue (especially amongst the males), they just can't handle emotions, critisism, or any other day to day, normal situations!

It just becomes a case of attack, to hell with the consequences, but hey, "I taught you a lesson, and now I have bigger face" in my own little uneducated head.

"Police told the victim to find the attackers himself" that is what they say when you don't offer them any tea money or the soccer is on the TV.

I have never seen Thais having a one on one fight, it is always two or more on one, cowardly race of men.

They punch like sissies, the one loser can't even use a bottle as a weapon correctly. He smashed it on the helmet.

Hahaha.

One thing I learnt very quickly in Thailand is that a good offence is the best defence.

The two guys wouldn't have had a chance to get off their bikes before I went on the offence.

Fact....

Tough guy heh? That's how many end up dead here.

"police told the victim to find the attackers himself."

That's another reason people say '<deleted> the police!'

to me ......that's even worse than the attack!...

you're right.......that will be the base for a counter-attack maybe resulting in death or worse (huhhh?)

this kind of police-responses are for real..........and got them out of first hand:

"My motorbike was stolen some years ago and the thief was driving around in a certain area in the city.

I reported the theft to the police and told them that my bike was seen on several occasions in the city.

Advise from the police was: If you see the bike and the thief, ask some Thai friends to stop them, let hem kick their asses and THEN phone us, but you stay out of it!! Farang can not be involved!!"

Will expect to see these cretins being hauled in, decked out in bike helmets, waiing all the police bigwigs and any other empty suits who may have lost some face because of their antics.

There are some tough lads here in Thailand undoubtedly, just never to be found anywhere near to one of these increasingly frequent mass gang beat downs.

Also wouldn't be surprised if the poster is staring down a defamation / computer crimes charge for defaming the cops sometime in the not too distant future

I would have to disagree about their being some tough lads here. If so they would do their fighting one on one instead of 3 or more on 1.

As for the police laying charges on the person who uploaded this, I expect it as well. He should have uploaded the vdo with sound showing what the BIB did as well. But even then, it's possible he will be charged anyway

Hahaha.

Fact....

Nothing to do with being a tough guy and everything to do with survival.

And how would you handle it? Would you just let them beat the shit out of you?

Do you think a verbal communication would have changed the outcome. I very highly doubt it.

Hahaha.

Fact....

Some of of us would be overwhelmed by the number of bystanders that would be kicking your dead corpse down the street. You think you will finish the fight...lol

Pattaya police do nothing unless there's money in it. Until Thailand reforms the RTP it will remain a backward country; a banana republic.

Read the article...the attack was not In Pattaya but Sri Racha...jeez!!!!

I do agree though with other posters that if it is true about what the police said then that is disgusting.

Incidentally, can the police not trace the people involved from the motorbike registrations seen in the footage?

Hahaha.

Fact....

Some of of us would be overwhelmed by the number of bystanders that would be kicking your dead corpse down the street. You think you will finish the fight...lol
Such an urban myth.

I was being harassed in a pub by 4 Thai guys one evening while I was with 3 Thai female friends, they were harassing me for numerous hours I might add, knowing full well they were looking for a fight I went on the offence.

Prior to that Security had been approached about it and they spoke to the guys which only infuriated them even more.

I have a thread running on the incident.

Rather than allowing them the upper hand I went on the offensive and knocked two of them out while the other two, and not one other Thai did absolutely nothing.

The people around knew what had been going on and did not interfere. Why would they. In their minds these idiots got what they deserved.

I was not permitted to return for one month but have since returned numerous times since.

Edited by Rayk

Sadly the guys first mistake was taking off his helmet......kinda hard to punch you in the face with the helmet on, and I believe later one guy hit him with that helmet. Cowardly punks....one guy waited until he was down and then joined in. To bad we don't see video of a guy pulling out a gun and shooting all the punks in their cowardly ass's, now that would be fun. Unfortunately the one being beaten usually doesn't have a weapon to defend himself with.

Hahaha.

Fact....

Nah, tough and lightning fast reactions only on his keyboard before taking the meds this morning.

And I am not sure about the lightning fast.

Probably took ten minutes to make the post.

Fact... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by 12DrinkMore

This was on Thai news yesterday.

They attacked the guy mistakenly thinking he was part of another gang.

he didn't have a clue what was going on until they attacked him.

If the police really said find them yourself then they should be arrested too, especially as he was innocent and attacked by mistake.

To a certain extent I can understand the police being sick of these gangs but it is high time they arrested these lowlifes and the courts sentenced them heavily. This is getting out of hand and has been for a long time.

What planet are you living on ?

"police told the victim to find the attackers himself."

That's another reason people say '<deleted> the police!'

Delete the police ..... good one.......5.5.5.5.5.

You are not seeing it from the police's point of view. There is simply no money in chasing these 3 thugs. Police time can be spent on more profitable endeavors. Please show more respectful for the boys in brown in making Thailand a better place for themselves and their family.