nice high level petfriendly resort wanted

domdom

Hello

I would like to find a nice resort accepting one small pet (3kg female well behaved Yorkie) where we could spend a few days by year's end.

We look for a (preferably seaside) resort offering high level comfort AND high quality european food (accepting the dog even if we have to eat on the terrace outside).. This type of resort will anyway have a high thai food quality.

Any recomandation ??

Thanks

Have a nice week

Hello

First of all thanks everybody.. To answer one question.. :

Where ?? anywhere.... We live in Chonburi.. anything will do, preferably outside Chonburi province... but really anywhere.. just to enjoy a few days outside

Centara Trat : Went there, friendly staff, thai food OK, nice location but old rooms.. the place needs full renovation.. and very basic western food (I didn't check, we have eaten only thai, as western dishes were not "appealing"

Will have a look on other addresses given

Thanks again

Have a nice day

We have traveled to a few places in Thailand with our dog but usually more mid-level places. If you check Agoda, AirBnB etc they allow you to restrict your search to pet friendly places. Our dog is about 19 Kg so we usually try to phone before booking and confirm they are really suitable for a dog. A few are not despite the website. We also check the location on Google maps to make sure there will be some walks close by.but again with a smaller dog that will be easier.

Thank you..

I had exactly same problem even with a small dog.. Lots of places announced as pet friendly don't accept when you phone them.. I really cannot understand why they lie about that.. I wanted to go to Ayutthaya last january and except one, all told me per phone they don't accept a dog.. !!!! Last one finally accepted after telling me "you better come without the dog".. When I told him "no dog, no dog owners he finally accepted"

This is really irritating.. but I must say it was much worse 10 years ago.. and at least you can find some places..

I also lived in Argentina for 6 years recently and in this country where they are all supposingly animal lovers if you listen to what they claim, IMPOSSIBLE to find a place to travel with a dog.. I even stopped on the highway in a rat hole for truck drivers where they make basic barbecues.. even on the outside terrace closed to the road, they chased me..

Anyway, at least here, possible to find some

Have a nice day