String of Rayong ATMs hit in nighttime attacks - 1.4 million baht stolen

webfact

String of Rayong ATMs hit in nighttime attacks - 1.4 million baht stolen

s3p.jpg
Image: Daily News

RAYONG: -- Many ATM machines were attacked in a series of attacks on Sunday night in central Rayong.

Muang district police were called to a Krung Thai ATM on Sukhumvit Road outside the municipal executive offices in Nern Phra sub district, reported Daily News. The attempt to force open the machine failed but CCTV captured images.

At the same time the Maptaphut station officers were called to a Kasikorn ATM outside the PP Minimart also in Nern Phra. Here the CCTV had been tampered with but the thieves had managed to prise open the machine stealing 1.4 million baht.

Later it emerged that several other machines in the area had been targeted.

Police said they suspect that the same gang was involved.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-21

good police work, i suspect you were right, or an amazing coincidence,a 5 year old kid could deduce this

My gosh, you do have a high opinion of the BIB, giving them the comparable intellect to that of a 5 year old.

You have obviously met much smarter police than I ever have.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

I know nothing about ATM machine, I also didn't know that they contain that much money in them,

do they have to have so much cash in one machine? can they be replenished more often to minimize

the risks and losses? as I said, some time, common sense is the best preventions.....

I know nothing about ATM machine, I also didn't know that they contain that much money in them,

do they have to have so much cash in one machine? can they be replenished more often to minimize

the risks and losses? as I said, some time, common sense is the best preventions.....

20,000 up to 30,000 USD is not uncommon in USA ATM machines, which would be in the 1 million Baht range in Thailand

20,000 up to 30,000 USD is not uncommon in USA ATM machines, which would be in the 1 million Baht range in Thailand

From what i have read somewhere else, most of them seem to have 4 cassettes of 1 million baht each, 4 million.

Where are these cheap machines built ? Thailand ?

And why would you think those are cheap machines and made in Thailand ???

Every safety expert knows that no door / lock or machine is unbreakable !!! no house is 100% safe to brake-ins !!!

All you can do is make it as hard as possible for the robber so he looses time,...time is important for them !!!

ATM machines have been robed in the west too....with the wright tools and experience everything can be opened...!!!

Best regards.