Body of missing Scottish dad Steve Balfour is found in police morgue in Thailand

webfact

Of course when a foreigner is found dead with a ladyboy in a room .....eyebrows will be raised....

Young fit and healthy by the look of him......blood test results is where i'd start......ladyboys are known for drugging....but why did she stick around!

Again.......wait for autopsy

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fit and tough looking guy like that, it is VERY hard to believe that he died from just falling over, no matter how drunk he might be.

I hope they send this poor guy back home for a proper autopsy.

My money is on there being much more to this story than we know at this point.

You don't tell people that if anything happens to you it will be your ex, then soon after turn up dead without there being a good chance of fowl play.

Will be interesting to see how this story develops. I for one will be watching for it.

Hang on, could that guy that they are looking for, you know, the bald, white foreigner who went missing in Pattaya, be the guy we sent to the morgue? What boss? You mean the guy aged about 35 that looks exactly like the one in the photo they've released on the missing persons report? Yes, that one. No, I doubt it. Okay, just leave it then.

You could not make this stuff up.

Edited by kennypowers

How about finding and jailing who ever was involved,

I would want to know if the father, brother or uncle are cops,, or which group of cops run the bar.

What bar?

According to the newspaper report, it indicated that a source stated that the room was above Sweethearts. Now, I don't know if that is a bar or not but given the area where it's located (see picture) I'd say it was. Just saw another photo, it is a hotel/bar.

Edited by Si Thea01

He was also very fit to do his job and play golf a few times each week so it is unlikely to be a medical matter.----OP

Yes very true--- to be able to play golf a few times each week means you must be at the very pinnacle of fitness........coffee1.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years back there was these two farang estate Agents

had an office right close to Bert's Greasy spoon on soi 6.5

I used to hear the waitresses in Thai refer to them as

Khun Large & Khun Larger.......

together they would have tipped more then 40 stone.

Amazingly about 4-6 years back they took out Pattaya mail sportsman

of the year award for their golf powerless

Edited by oxo1947

So it took a month to work out that the muscular bald foreigner that's been missing in Pattaya since May 14th, is the same muscular bald foreigner that they took to the morgue in Pattaya on May 15th?

It must have come as quite a shock to the BIB to find out that these 2 were connected blink.png . Who'd have thought it?

Two questions needing answers:

1 What was the result of the autopsy?

2 Why didn't the police at least circulate pictures of the dead man's distinctive tattoo to the mass media?

Sad for him, but sadder still for his little girl.

He was also very fit to do his job and play golf a few times each week so it is unlikely to be a medical matter.----OP

Yes very true--- to be able to play golf a few times each week means you must at the pinnacle of fitness........coffee1.gif

are you being funny there oxo?.........have you seen the size of some PGA golfers(main tour)and seniors tourwink.png

How about finding and jailing who ever was involved,

RIP Steve.

This should be a lesson to ALL the foreigners who think that they are welcome to Thailand.

But my guess is that tomorrow the following foreigner is digging his grave in Thailand.

So you guys know already what really happened, and that there was foul play involved?

Thaivisa never stops to amaze

U think he was hugged to death. Or he laughed himself to death. Or he was unlucky and hit by lightning? Or he just peacefully died in his sleep in the red light district... Tvf is full with BS but this story is Imo exactly what you can get in the shithole, open brothel, margiland known as pattaya... Filthy people of all kind there, Thai and foreigner alike!

So many massive errors in the reporting of this case ! The Sweethearts bar is NOT a go-go bar, and it is not on Walking Street, at least not the Sweethearts bar shown in the photo, which is on Soi Buakhao ! And what about the "large american" who is said to have knocked out the victim on the day he disappeared ? He should be located and interrogated, as a possible accessory to murder. This whole thing stinks, and my guess would be that the ex-wife would be the mainly responsible party. R.I.P.

So it took a month to work out that the muscular bald foreigner that's been missing in Pattaya since May 14th, is the same muscular bald foreigner that they took to the morgue in Pattaya on May 15th?

It must have come as quite a shock to the BIB to find out that these 2 were connected blink.png . Who'd have thought it?

yes ok.....but when he went missing on the 14th(last seen) i don't think he was actually reported missing until around 2 weeks later....

But yes.....he has remained in the morgue with nobody putting 2 and 2 together......police/ambulance men/doctors/nurses/pathologist

Actually...doing the math it's around 3 weeks that nobody worked it out............amazing really.......35 yr old bald,muscular guy brought from pattaya!

So many massive errors in the reporting of this case ! The Sweethearts bar is NOT a go-go bar, and it is not on Walking Street, at least not the Sweethearts bar shown in the photo, which is on Soi Buakhao ! And what about the "large american" who is said to have knocked out the victim on the day he disappeared ? He should be located and interrogated, as a possible accessory to murder. This whole thing stinks, and my guess would be that the ex-wife would be the mainly responsible party. R.I.P.

yes.....a blood clot or something of that nature that was a ticking time bomb......alcohol wouldn't of helped things.....

I somehow feel the ladyboy is free of guilt.........the american has to be found ......

Two questions needing answers:

1 What was the result of the autopsy?

2 Why didn't the police at least circulate pictures of the dead man's distinctive tattoo to the mass media?

Sad for him, but sadder still for his little girl.

Because they have no means of communicating effectively.

I don't know what's worse, dying in bed with a ladyboy hooker or having the coroner guess you're 45 when you're only 35.

The combination of both is rather uncharming...

On the other hand the Thai have given me 50 years when I was 35 and most have problems to guess my age.

...sounds like withholding evidence....

...when are our governments going to step in and open their mouths.....

...we paid taxes all our lives...some even served in the military.....

...to be murdered by a skank and her cronies....???

...to have the body held for over 1 month....???

...so that the perpetrators can have run off by now...or paid for/created their alibis.....???

...this is outrageous and unacceptable....!!!

"Manager Mike Williams searched Steve’s room after he vanished and found his passport and other possessions untouched."

Hmmm I wonder who nicked his passport and other possessions? I would rule out Mike for one. And how long would body have remained in morgue before quietly being buried or cremated, had there not been the uproar?

That would involve them doing there job cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

As the other thread is likely to be closed, I'll repeat my question.
Why couldn't the Thai police manage to match up missing person reports to dead bodies found?
There can't be that many white males found dead in Pattaya every night.
Person missing on 14 May, dead body found on 15 May. This isn't rocket science.

...sounds like withholding evidence....

...when are our governments going to step in and open their mouths.....

...we paid taxes all our lives...some even served in the military.....

...to be murdered by a skank and her cronies....???

...to have the body held for over 1 month....???

...so that the perpetrators can have run off by now...or paid for/created their alibis.....???

...this is outrageous and unacceptable....!!!

What exactly do you propose the UK government to do? You do know that when one gets on a plane and flies to a foreign country one is subject to the laws and social/cultural mores of that country. If something bad befalls the traveler, there is little of practical benefit the home country can do.

This is especially true if one gets mixed-up with the wrong crowd overseas.