My Wife Surprised Me for My Birthday...again.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of reminds me of a birthday I had in Pattaya a few years back....my Thai gf told me I could go and pick out any bar girl and she would pay the bar fine.....got a nice room near the beach and BINGO....picked one out and did the deed right in front of my gf!!! Wasn't long and she called the show off and demanded equal time.....needless to say that was the last time that offer ever came to the table......??

My ex-wife use to do similar celebrations right up to the time her lawyers tried to steal my wealth!

Now I celebrate with high end rentals 30 years younger and the celebration is much more exciting.

When they leave the next day, the expense stops!

Happy Birthday Mate!

None of your story really comes much of a surprise to me actually, as I was aware you were in a happy and healthy relationship and you're both sporty & well suited. So no surprised. I was a little bit surprised that you didn't provide a photo of a view or something nice from the day, you're slipping fella.

My birthdays normally start with a clip around the earhole just as a warning in case I plan on being naughty. Hold on that's the same every day 555555

Being married to a wonderful woman like my wife makes like every day feel like a birthday

wink.png

I was told if I was good this year I could get a motorcycle for my birthday, so I'm busy doing the research and a few test rides. What I did notice is that bikes these days don't seem to be made for old codgers. biggrin.png

Get a three wheeled bike, no, I'm serious, I fancy one of these Champ three wheelers with a sort of trailer behind it, though not for a good few years yet.

I tried to google it, but I cannot get any information about one in Thailand, I assume they may be made in China, but someone must supply them somewhere here.

I see many of them about all the time.

Great minds think alike or is it, fools seldom differ 5555

Let's get one each & we can do the geriatrics version of the yankie show 'chips'.

wink.png

Oh, I'm nowhere near ready for that yet, I am thinking of the quite distant future.

I will probably be pushing Daisy's by then......I will just leave you mine.

VF prefers pedal power & despite just celebrating his 75 birthday he can still get it up ( on one wheel )

:D

Being married to a wonderful woman like my wife makes like every day feel like a birthday

wink.png

I was told if I was good this year I could get a motorcycle for my birthday, so I'm busy doing the research and a few test rides. What I did notice is that bikes these days don't seem to be made for old codgers. biggrin.png

Here you go - I am old fella too, even with a ugly body and works fine,thumbsup.gif

12779253_1015911748447117_46013113974945

wink.png

Here you go - I am old fella too, even with a ugly body and works fine,thumbsup.gif

12779253_1015911748447117_46013113974945

Nice but I was thinking a few less CC's.

Sorry VF, haven't hijacked ur thread......just trying to give ur wife some ideas for next year ! 5555

VF prefers pedal power & despite just celebrating his 75 birthday he can still get it up ( on one wheel )

biggrin.png

Hey, I'm only 62 and that is bad enough, no need to add even more years to my age.shock1.gif

You've probably got another 50 birthdays left in you & we expect an update each year !

.... Please excuse me if I don't reply to all of them 555555

So what's she getting me this year ?

We have good friend who is roughly the same age as my wife, every bit a cute and has an amazing life, so any time I get to spend with the two of them is always very special and filled with laughter, great conversation and amazing food.

For my 60th she talked my wife into allowing her to book us into a very expensive hotel in Chiang Mai. We normally stay at our friend’s house but she insisted on paying for our romantic night in the hotel. It was by far the nicest hotel I have stayed in and a very special birthday treat.
I sometimes wonder if they are trying to kill me with kindness.biggrin.png wub.png

biggrin.png

Hey, I'm only 62 and that is bad enough, no need to add even more years to my age.shock1.gif

You've probably got another 50 birthdays left in you & we expect an update each year !

Both my parents only made it into their 90s so I probably only have 30 birthdays left.

Edited by villagefarang

biggrin.png

Both my parents only made it into their 90s so I probably only have 30 birthdays left.

90 isn't a bad run.

I'm hoping to go well before 90.....I'm in a hurry, got people and places to haunt....particularly the TVF mods :D

90 isn't a bad run.

I'm hoping to go well before 90.....I'm in a hurry, got people and places to haunt....particularly the TVF mods biggrin.png

Their last ten years were not great so the idea of living to 90 scares me to death. I would hate to do that to my wife.

This doesn’t seem to me to be the right place for anything of a truly personal nature.

Good observation. Way too many loons doing the rounds at present.

As Neverdie has intimated, there's actually a new (ish) Thailand-related forum full of them. The level of envy and obsession out there is disturbing.

Mine says "you are good man for me" but she forgot my birthday again this year. 555 mai mee samong?

I've met this type of woman before, be very careful, as she is all about taking. You are a good man to her, but she never thought about being a good wife to you. This type of relationship is quite tiring. She forgets your birthday, but you can never forget hers. She will make a big deal out of it. Self absorbed selfish.... sigh.

90 isn't a bad run.

I'm hoping to go well before 90.....I'm in a hurry, got people and places to haunt....particularly the TVF mods biggrin.png

Their last ten years were not great so the idea of living to 90 scares me to death. I would hate to do that to my wife.

Yes, I don't think being 90 would be much fun. My bones ache enuf now. 5555.

I wouldn't want to be sitting in a chair dribbling over my iPad on TVF......hold on a minute !

Ohh my . 5555

This doesnt seem to me to be the right place for anything of a truly personal nature.

Good observation. Way too many loons doing the rounds at present.

As Neverdie has intimated, there's actually a new (ish) Thailand-related forum full of them. The level of envy and obsession out there is disturbing.

Merely wipe the souls of your shoes on their foreheads good sir. Scum bags abound on the Internet.

Virtual douchebags I call em.

A beautiful story and you must surely deserve it or else it probably wouldn't have happened.

I too sometimes feel sad at the ageing process until I remind myself of the number of times I was at death's doorstep from an illness of addiction (Alcoholism).

I also know that the majority of my friends who are now dead from the same illness would have given anything to have lived even up to 20 years younger than I am now.

Life is so beautiful....even more so when you have a wonderful partner, as you obviously do, to share it with.

For the past 15 years I have lived a "sober" life....a life beyond my wildest dreams.

Happy birthday VF, it sounds as if you enjoyed your birthday and have a great relationship with your wife. I gave up birthdays long ago. I have had far too many of them. However, my wife never forgets; she always manages to please me in some way on what she calls my special day. We travel frequently and when home eat out several times a week, so a weekend at a resort or a night out is quite common. However, we enjoy a great home life and I do very little, except what I want to do. She takes care of everything, from paying the bills to fixing the plumbing—what she can’t fix, she arranges done. She has managed to make our house a home and is a great cook; her glazed-mango cheesecake is incomparable. Of course, as one poster suggested, I treat her very well too. She is my partner and has always contributed to our relationship. We have been married 37 years and she is still my best friend and favorite companion.

I wanted to ask you from which bankaccount it all was payed from but i wont. Im happy for your 19 years and hope you enjoy yourself.

Happy birthday!!

Not everyone's wife only takes from the relationship. If you cannot attract a productive female, it seems to be your problem.

I wanted to ask you from which bankaccount it all was payed from but i wont. Im happy for your 19 years and hope you enjoy yourself.

Happy birthday!!

Thank you for your restraint and thank you for the “happy birthday”, both are greatly appreciated. While I understand that money is generally a major issue in relationships, it has not been in ours.

Happy birthday VF, it sounds as if you enjoyed your birthday and have a great relationship with your wife. I gave up birthdays long ago. I have had far too many of them. However, my wife never forgets; she always manages to please me in some way on what she calls my special day. We travel frequently and when home eat out several times a week, so a weekend at a resort or a night out is quite common. However, we enjoy a great home life and I do very little, except what I want to do. She takes care of everything, from paying the bills to fixing the plumbing—what she can’t fix, she arranges done. She has managed to make our house a home and is a great cook; her glazed-mango cheesecake is incomparable. Of course, as one poster suggested, I treat her very well too. She is my partner and has always contributed to our relationship. We have been married 37 years and she is still my best friend and favorite companion.

Thanks for sharing and I am very impressed. I am hopeful of reaching 37 years, like you, but there is no way I can match my parent's 68 years. I simply started too late.wink.png

Edited by villagefarang