Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Buying a Macbook in CM

daoyai

I only know of 2 authorized "resellers" in CM , the one at KSK and the one on Sirimankalajarn, are there others and do you have experience with purchasing here, if so who has the best price service, competence etc. thanks.

I bought a MBP w/ retina display from the iStore at Central Festival less than a year ago. The price was the same as the online store. There should be no difference in price for new Macs between authorized stores

The employee who sold it to me was competent in that he rang it up correctly. That's all that's required. No service, no repair, etc, unless it gets a few years old. Then take it to Kuhn Krit who has been mentioned on this forum many times.

^^^ if online shop IS same price as local shops ,what is the advantage of online shop? Are English only keyboards available at local resellers?

On the Apple online store you can customize your specs, order AppleCare and any accessories and get the item in about 3 days delivered to your door. As the above poster has mentioned, it is likely that the local brick and mortar stores will have to order what you want. Unlikely to have english keyboards in stock.

"The employee who sold it to me was competent in that he rang it up correctly. That's all that's required. "

For some of us who aren't computer geeks having a knowledgable sales staff can be helpful esp in deciding which model to purchase.

Unfortunately it's not always easy here to find that.

I bought my Macbook Pro at the Apple Reseller on Siri Mangkalajarn Rd. (the street that is parallel to Niman).

The service was ok, really depends on whom one speaks to.

I looked at the machine at most of the different shops in town and gleaned what info I could out of each sales person I dealt with.

Recommend to do some on-line reading too.

While we're on the subject it seems that Apple has been up to their old tricks again and have changed the iTunes set-up and now I can't choose which song I want to sync on my iPhone.

Heard all these terrible stories about them taking one's music library and making "unavailable" anymore.

Anyway does any one have any advice for me?

p.s. I followed my own advice and went into a few of the Apple Resellers and also after market repairers and no one knew how to either.

(Actually all the Apple stores had employees who said they knew how, incl the "Genius Bar" at Central Festival, but they all fumbled with it randomly hitting buttons until they admitted defeat.)

^^^ if online shop IS same price as local shops ,what is the advantage of online shop? Are English only keyboards available at local resellers?

You get the machine right then, no waiting. Other than that, no advantage.

I recently updated software and got iTunes 12.4.1.6 and with it can still choose what songs to sync.

What version of iTunes do you have?

Same Same but Different smile.png

Also have 12.4.1.6 but can't seem to get it to work.

Does it still look the same as the last software (guess assuming we both had the latest previously) ?

It looks a little different. Plug in your device and open iTunes. Wait. You should see an icon for your device near the top left at the top of the sidebar or on the menu bar just above or both. Click the icon on the sidebar and a dropdown menu appears under it. Select Music and choose what you want to sync. If the device icon does not appear in the sidebar, click the one above and it will appear in the sidebar.

Archived