how to get a Thai nationality

Morning!

Does anyone have some advice/experience to share ?

I and my hub are both non-Thais. Our 3 year old daughter was born in Thailand and has a birth certificate from Pattaya city hall with a 13 digits identification code on it. And we have bought condos, have blue books and lived here already 6 years. Hub has long term working visa and we have family visa.

In this case:

1. Can my daughter apply for a Thai ID card (must wait till she is 18 right?)

2. Can she apply for a thai Passport now ?

3. If so, how about the procedure ?

Thanks

Interesting case. What happens if your parents aren't Thais but you are born and raised here? In my home country EU country you definitely have the right to get citizenship.

Nothing happens. You remain a foreigner all your life to everyone and be treated like such.

• Like 2

Interesting case. What happens if your parents aren't Thais but you are born and raised here? In my home country EU country you definitely have the right to get citizenship.

Thailand like many countries does not grant citizenship at birth unless one or both parents are citizens.

• Like 1

You take your citizenship from one or both of your parents.

Not strictly true, Boris Johnson ended up owing the US taxman a heap of money and both his parents are British, but he was born in the US

• Like 1

You take your citizenship from one or both of your parents.

Not strictly true, Boris Johnson ended up owing the US taxman a heap of money and both his parents are British, but he was born in the US

The question is about Thailand not the US which has different requirements. For the USA it is written in the constitution. For Thailand it is in the nationality act.

• Like 1