Thailand this year to experience more rainfall than last year

webfact

This year to experience more rainfall than last year

rain1.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 June 2016 (NNT) - The Meteorological Department has revealed that Thailand this year will experience more rainfall than last year, especially after the second week of July.

Department Director-General Wanchai Sakudomchai revealed that during June 25-26, the low pressure system in the South China Sea will intensify and move ashore in Vietnam, causing rain in the southern, central, eastern and northeastern regions.

After the second week of July, scattered rainfall is expected to spread throughout the country and persist until October. The rainy forecast is welcome news to many farmers that have suffered from prolonged drought earlier in the year.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-23 footer_n.gif

"The Meteorological Department has revealed that Thailand this year will experience more rainfall than last year"

Genius. pure genius.

Somebody has woken up to the cycle of la Nina. A tad behind everyone else, but they got there in the end.

Where do they find these people? Is having your picture in the paper *really* that important?

W

"...causing rain in the southern, central, eastern and northeastern regions everywhere."

Edited by Winniedapu

It's going to rain right up to the end of October.

Give or take the last couple of million years has this ever happened before?

And there was a rumour going around that it was called the wet season but it's only a rumour.

But those monks seem to disappear for 3 months around that time of year every year.

What are they up to?

Fix your radar TMD. Its broken as usually. Then you just may. see something.

They won't see anything until the water fails to drain.

Back before the 2011 Bangkok Water Drainage Delay, water began failing to drain after Tropical Storm Nock-ten hit northern and northeastern Thailand in July causing Flash Water Drainage Delays; waters were failing to drain all the way down the Chao Phraya for months, but only when they failed to drain in Bangkok in October did they get of their <deleted> and flail uselessly around for months (until the waters drained naturally).

Thankfully this year's La Niña isn't going to be as strong as that one...

Oh, that is good! See: the drought- problem is solved and needs no addressing anymore!

Next!

coffee1.gif

Yep, their action plan implemented thus far to perfection.

Committee Responsible for solving the drought crisis Action Plan (CRAP):

1. Wait.
  2. Change name to Committee Responsible for solving the flood crisis
  3. Prepare tugboats and rope
  4. Wait...

It's the rainy season. The weather in Thailand is predictable and boring, it's going to rain for 6 months off and on, then it will be mostly dry for another 6 months - is all anyone ever needs to know. It will nearly always be hot and humid. Why all these weather forcasts as if it is a temperate country with with an unpredictable climate?

Ok I wasn't here last year during rainy season but all this pissing and moaning about how dry it is ticked me off, so being a native American I did a rain dance Thailand you now owe 35 million baht for my service or I will stop the rain.

It's going to rain right up to the end of October.

Give or take the last couple of million years has this ever happened before?

And there was a rumour going around that it was called the wet season but it's only a rumour.

But those monks seem to disappear for 3 months around that time of year every year.

What are they up to?

Keeping out of the way - lots of hard work to be done on the land...

"The Meteorological Department has revealed that Thailand this year will experience more rainfall than last year"

Genius. pure genius.

Somebody has woken up to the cycle of la Nina. A tad behind everyone else, but they got there in the end.

Where do they find these people? Is having your picture in the paper *really* that important?

W

"...causing rain in the southern, central, eastern and northeastern regions everywhere."

Nothing to do with La Nina. The PM promised he would bring rain to Thailand some months back. Don't you remember he encouraged Thais to do the traditional rain dance and .... bingo, it has now rained! Took a while but he delivered.

Genius. pure genius.

W

Nothing to do with La Nina. The PM promised he would bring rain to Thailand some months back. Don't you remember he encouraged Thais to do the traditional rain dance and .... bingo, it has now rained! Took a while but he delivered.

Sorry, forgot. All hail the gruesome twosome.

W

We got hit by a flood two years ago and i never want to experience anything similar again. Never ever in my few years I might have.

. D E S T R U C T I O N pure.

But the flood in Sisaket wasn't caused by too much rain. They kept two dams to 130 % full, knew that they're built with shitty material and it was clear that something like that would happen.

It didn't even rain when it hit us. All involved knew that the dams were too full, but nobody released any water,. That's human stupidity and I don't know for what reason you'd keep dams full in the middle of the rainy season.

Luckily, I received some financial help from relatives back home, which I had never expected. Then you see who your friends really are.

post-158336-0-57548900-1466690973_thumb.

post-158336-0-36943200-1466690984_thumb.

post-158336-0-56443300-1466690994_thumb.

post-158336-0-96167100-1466691005_thumb.

post-158336-0-77157400-1466691037_thumb.

post-158336-0-87423300-1466691051_thumb.

Edited by lostinisaan

After the second week of July, scattered rainfall is expected to spread throughout the country and persist until October.

It's called the rainy season, dude! Now it may not rain as much as some want, but it's still the rainy time of the year...been going on each and every year for at least hundreds and probably thousands of years.

Guess he skipped the day in meteorological school when they covered that....it was probably a sunny day and he went to the beach instead.