UK pound plunges as referendum results point to EU exit

webfact

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignore these indicators, all a symptom of speculation and market uncertainties. Just have a cup of tea, it will all be OK.

In a couple of days when they realise the sky isn't falling

well it is 3 days and the sky isnt falling but the pound still is

wanna have another guess? ;-)

Barclay, RBS, Easy jet all sunk 30% today. At which point you concider the sky is falling?

That is a buying opportunity.

I brought Whitbread and Associated British Foods yesterday at great prices.

I would like to see another 4-5 days of selling off to grab more bargains.

Sterling/baht was down to 46.1 (SCB TT rate), but has now increased to 48.7.

It will be interesting to see whether this changes once the European markets open.

I can only see 46.45 from SCB at the moment - think you may have the wrong column.

http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/index.jsp

Oops, you're right! I wondered why it had gone up so much (embarrassed)....

Sterling/baht was down to 46.1 (SCB TT rate), but has now increased to 48.7.

It will be interesting to see whether this changes once the European markets open.

I can only see 46.45 from SCB at the moment - think you may have the wrong column.

http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/index.jsp

Oops, you're right! I wondered why it had gone up so much (embarrassed)....
y

Easy mistake to make. I've given myself a little woodie, several times over the years. :D

European stock markets are rallying at the start of trading after two days of big falls. In London, the FTSE 100 has jumped by 125 points, or about 2%, to 6,109 – recovering some of yesterday’s losses.

Every share has risen, led by builders, who endured the brunt of the Brexit backlash. The French and German stock markets are also up by about 2% this morning, matching the recovery in London.

The shakers and bakers have made their money over the last 2 trading days.

Just crossed over 47

XE.com - GBP_THB Chart.html

Edited by SgtRock

A British retiree who started living here 10 years ago would have seen (and felt) the direction the currency was headed and would have (or should have) made contingency plans

Furthermore, to have made irreversible plans solely on the basis of a pension income is foolish, to say the least.

For those that took the second option of having Thb 800k in the bank, presumably they would have a source of income for day to day living as well. If this happens to be the British pension, then a 10% reduction is easy to deal with - just cut back on some items.

tell me oh learned guru what direction of GBP/THB you would have felt during the last 7 years whistling.gif

attachicon.gifGBPTHB.png

Whenever somebody starts talking about predicting the direction of currency movements you know they were never a trader, or certainly not a successful one.

A British retiree who started living here 10 years ago would have seen (and felt) the direction the currency was headed and would have (or should have) made contingency plans

Furthermore, to have made irreversible plans solely on the basis of a pension income is foolish, to say the least.

For those that took the second option of having Thb 800k in the bank, presumably they would have a source of income for day to day living as well. If this happens to be the British pension, then a 10% reduction is easy to deal with - just cut back on some items.

tell me oh learned guru what direction of GBP/THB you would have felt during the last 7 years whistling.gif

attachicon.gifGBPTHB.png

Whenever somebody starts talking about predicting the direction of currency movements you know they were never a trader, or certainly not a successful one.

Nobody can ever predict the direction of currency movements. But if one is a retiree and relying on pension income to survive, it would only be prudent to monitor and prepare

Edited by Gweiloman

"BREAKING: Richard Branson tells @GMB 'We've lost a third of our value - and we've cancelled a deal worth 3,000 jobs' #Brexit"

"BREAKING: Richard Branson tells @GMB 'We've lost a third of our value - and we've cancelled a deal worth 3,000 jobs' #Brexit"

Tell him not to worry he still can play in his island ...

Turns out the Chairman of our firm voted Leave. He's worth about £500m. One of our clients (one of Europe's biggest firms) is overjoyed at the result and will be investing much more in the UK due to Brexit.