EU referendum: BBC forecasts UK votes to leave

webfact

I am from the USA, so most will not care about my opinion, but If the countries in the EU already have too much government that is not running their own country without help from other countries it is crazy to pour on another level of government to suck up more of what is left. The biggest thing I have seen them do is sue every company they could find for millions of dollars for what, ??

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally FREEDOM, ,it s historical day for all nations, thank you all Brits, bye bye massive immigration, bye bye Turkey with its 90 million people, bye bye the criminal gangs of eastern Europe, if EU leaders wanted peace in the world they should have supported Assad and Russia and not side with the terrorists.

GREAT BRITAIN will survive and become stronger it sets the example for the rest of us, time for a change.

Hope you'r right, possibly this is the best thing that has happened since the worst thing that happened to the world , THE EU.

Next off the mark could be Spain and Greece, the whole thing might unwind but not before more economic terrorism about leaving is mongered.

NZ scare mongering was rife in the media saying exports would suffer--- BS, the only thing that will change is the exchange, the money will be money.

Things might be the same as the status quo never loose,however without the EU bullies in charge of the world economy it may be a slight improvement.

Watch out for a property bubble burst as the bookies and stock exchange insiders traders make money by wreaking havoc.

After this settles down some will be more filthy rich and life will go on in their favour as usual.

The bookies are very happy with a result they called the wrong way, isn't that strange.

It was a close call, I as very happy and a little sad to see Cameron go, he was a very bad actor,but to pick the best bad actor out of world leaders would be quite hard as they are all very good bad actors.

I like Boris to be next PM certainly the world does not deserve George Osbore the psycopath , I wonder if Boris will comb his hair for the job.

Well done Britain.

Why would Spain and Greece want to leave?

I could be wrong but I always thought that these two were net gainers

The only gain Greece got from staying in the EU was bankers taking the bail out money, the people got Austerity, suicide, unemployment , economic bullyism, pension cuts, mysery for the poor and riots.

Spain got the same , the whole thing is a mess.

Terrorists can move all through the schengen zone without using passports.

This economic maddness has sread throughout the world including most other countries in the world, Thailand a good example, where Burmese labor work for a pittance ,creating unemployment for Thais who now think they are above being a builder or builders laborer or house keeper and instead have no future or jobs and turn to Methamphetamene use , and drug dealing, gangs and viloence.

This is also a pattern in NZ and Australia, leaving the EU might be a chance for some salvation, but we can only hope.

Not good for Brit expats living in Thailand on a pension.

1 pound = only 47 baht now and they say the pound will sink further. Good luck with that.

Share markets are crashing too, those with shares will suffer too.

And this is good?

The stock markets and currencies are already flying back towards normalcy so the scare mongering that took place pre-Brexit proved to be baseless.

I think that it is brilliant that the Brexit was cemented by those living in the North of England being the influential factor in this momentous decision!!

I hope that all of the money men in London were weeping into their cornflakes this morning!!

I used to live in the prosperous South East before moving to Thailand (just in case you ask).

Yes, situation will normalize, but just in the nick of time some shrude people have already taken their profit.

You know, the same as the fear mongering guys. Ok, I am not discriminizing. Gals too.

The exchange rate has dropped nearly 5 baht to the pound already. I presume all you Brits who are delighted with this result aren't relying on a British pension to support themselves in LOS.

All you Brits as you call them, may probably care less than you do on their behalf. Geezzzz.

This statementis false

The decision launches a yearslong process to renegotiate trade, business and political links between the United Kingdom and what will become a 27-nation bloc, an unprecedented divorce that could take decades to complete."

What happens now is at the UK's own pace. Firstly article 50 of the EU treaty had to be enacted by the UK this can be done whenever the UK decides to do so this then gives a 24 month (2 years) process to disentangle all UK dealings with EU.

I suspect it will be up to 6 months before article 50 is enacted as a lot of back room negotiates will now start with UK and other EU Goverments. Regarding trade ect ect. As usual press jump to wrong conclusions and try to panic people. As for the £drop in value was to be expected don't panic it will return.

In fact it's a 2 year process to disengage..... and Cameron the wily ole fox he is has said that the process will not start until a new Conservative Leader has been named which will not be until the Conservative party conference in October this year. That also brings to bear whether another unelected person (ala Blair passing the baton to Brown) can be PM or will we go to the polls again!!

The stock markets and currency reactions to the story will settle down as jeab1980 quite rightly points out and in 2-3 weeks time the status quo will be returned until the next upset.....

Unless of course at least 50 MPs put a vote of no confidence on the floor of the house and they win (which they probably will). The the government will HAVE to dissolve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motions_of_no_confidence_in_the_United_Kingdom

Despite their importance to the British constitution, for a long time the rules surrounding motions of no confidence were dictated by convention. However, since the Fixed-term Parliaments Act 2011, a vote of no confidence means the government has 14 days in which to win a vote of confidence, or a general election is held.

I'm really enjoying watching the TV news and reading the establishment online press. They are Furious!!!! that all those poor deluded lunatics refused to listen to their betters (those same TV and press people) and vote the way they were being harangued into voting for. The CNNers literally look like they want to spit on their own viewers! And the smug little wretches on BBC can't figure out the size of the Mack truck that just hit them. This is fun!

And you are probably happy to benefit off said establishment. Perhaps you are so in deep with said establishment that nothing can financially harm you. Do you seriously take joy out of hard working pensioners possibly having their retirement ruined by a referendum?

I agree with usernames 100%.

During the campaign I have found the BBC one of the most biased (in favour of Bremain) news sites that I have read.

I am one of those hard working pensioners living in Thailand and a long time ago I decided that when the referendum came along that I would vote for a Brexit.

I also knew that for a while my income would go down but like many of us I accepted that fact.

My advice to you is to ignore all the financial events going on today and over the weekend and look again in a week or two and see what the rates are then.

Accept your comment. Have no pension myself. Hope others that rely on them will be ok. My point is it is not particularly nice to celebrate a victory that buggers up your own countrymen.

we'll just have to colonise India again...I'm sure they won't mind.....and Burma, Malaysia, most of Africa, bits of South America, they'll be so happy to see us back!?!?!?

Dont forget to finish the Job take Siam too

I'm really enjoying watching the TV news and reading the establishment online press. They are Furious!!!! that all those poor deluded lunatics refused to listen to their betters (those same TV and press people) and vote the way they were being harangued into voting for. The CNNers literally look like they want to spit on their own viewers! And the smug little wretches on BBC can't figure out the size of the Mack truck that just hit them. This is fun!

Yeah, MSM, what a great knowing nothing sort of a kind.

laugh.png

While to price to be paid is speculative as may be the Gains . Some who waved the big stick will back track. But the biggest fear will be who jumps next?.

I believe Nationalism today won of Europeansm. Maybe it will jolt the social reformers in Brussels to stop Social Engineering

I'll raise a glass or two tonight.

Time to put the great back into Great Britain.

When was the last time Britain was great? The Empire? Faintly remember Rhodesia being handed over. The past is long gone for "Great" Britain.

And now it's time for Australia to get Britain out of its flag and Britain's monarch off its coins.

But the majority of us want to keep the Queen & the Union Jack on our flag as past referenda have shown.

Do you want force the majority to your will?

Wouldn't you call that undemocratic?

Please, not the queen, she is part of what you don't actually want to know. Those who know will understand.

Some posters commented on the "slim" winning margin.

I wonder, if Scotland and Ireland were taken out of the equation and the votes for England only were counted, what would have been the winning margin?

Give Ireland back to the Irish and Scotland back to the Scottish. Can't understand them anyways and I am a European (by passport)

Yes you are so true; the English voted massively for the Exit. English people get my higher esteem

This statementis false

The decision launches a yearslong process to renegotiate trade, business and political links between the United Kingdom and what will become a 27-nation bloc, an unprecedented divorce that could take decades to complete."

What happens now is at the UK's own pace. Firstly article 50 of the EU treaty had to be enacted by the UK this can be done whenever the UK decides to do so this then gives a 24 month (2 years) process to disentangle all UK dealings with EU.

I suspect it will be up to 6 months before article 50 is enacted as a lot of back room negotiates will now start with UK and other EU Goverments. Regarding trade ect ect. As usual press jump to wrong conclusions and try to panic people. As for the £drop in value was to be expected don't panic it will return.

Well put, I totally agree.

The stock market and financial speculators love the panic as they look for profit opportunities. Once the GBP stabilises the speculator attention will turn to the Euro at which point the Bank of England will intervene in an attempt to prop it up as it's in nobodies interest for a total collapse.

We will now see some other countries in Europe take stock and it could well be the demise of the EU.

the EU has opened our doors to people from outside the EU.

7,000 illegal immigrants smuggled into Britain on ferries

No, that doesn't make the slightest bit of sense unless you think that leaving the EU is going to result in ferries stopping running or people smugglers stopping operating. The UK has very tight borders but they still get through, leave the EU and we lose the ability to have border control on the French and Belgian side, it is going to get harder to stop illegals not easier. The only thing leaving is going to do is prevent law abiding EU citizens from going to the UK.

I think you might be wrong. If UK becomes a sovereign state without having to adhere to any of EU's policies, then they can literally prevent a ferry from leaving Calais or send it back from where it came.

They are illegal immigrants who have nothing to do with EU policy.
Today a lot are blocked at Calais, Ostendes or elsewhere under European solidarity.
Tomorrow they will be processed directly on the British land and their possible return will be at the expense of the taxpayer.

Some posters commented on the "slim" winning margin.

I wonder, if Scotland and Ireland were taken out of the equation and the votes for England only were counted, what would have been the winning margin?

Remain = 13,266,996, 46.6%

Leave = 15,188,406, 53.4%

A win for leave, but hardly a decisive one.

You obviously didn't read enough of the foregoing posts and not even the post you are referring to. LOL

And you are probably happy to benefit off said establishment. Perhaps you are so in deep with said establishment that nothing can financially harm you. Do you seriously take joy out of hard working pensioners possibly having their retirement ruined by a referendum?

The referendum isn't responsible - a democratic process has decided that we should leave. More people are celebrating than commiserating the decision as they wake up to the news.

The Tories took us in and after a massive gamble to stop the in-fighting within their party, it is the Tories taking us out!!

I have always voted Labour, but Nigel Farage impresses me a lot and if I was in the UK I would consider breaking a 40 year 'grass roots' tradition of voting Labour to vote for UKIP (I can't believe I just wrote that), it must be post-referendum hysteria!!

Don't be shy, you are most welcome. I would say Farage is a brilliant politician and following his rage at Juncker and following John Cleese I would say hang the EU, not only Juncker.

Farage excluded of course LOL

2nd Brexit vote in making. Threshold of 100.000 signatures was passed before noon in UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Did read a report a while back that said it would be a everendum. Once a year seems good to me.

2nd Brexit vote in making. Threshold of 100.000 signatures was passed before noon in UK.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-petition-for-second-eu-referendum-so-popular-the-government-sites-crashing-a7099996.html

Did read a report a while back that said it would be a everendum. Once a year seems good to me.

I feel that the vote yesterday was a 'drunk' vote. People got exited of making the difference and following the populists.

Today it's the hangover day and there are very few people who celebrate this victory.

Britain should adapt to the ancient Persian method, which require two votes for new ideas / important decisions. Once when drunk and second time when sober. If the big change passes the both tests, then it's good to go forward.

Today's winners are: Boris, Vladimir and Donald. Let it sink.

finally FREEDOM, ,it s historical day for all nations, thank you all Brits, bye bye massive immigration, bye bye Turkey with its 90 million people, bye bye the criminal gangs of eastern Europe, if EU leaders wanted peace in the world they should have supported Assad and Russia and not side with the terrorists.

GREAT BRITAIN will survive and become stronger it sets the example for the rest of us, time for a change.

Sure it's time for a change Out the the EU,,,,,

Maybe they will go snuggle up to the Middle East Muslim Countries..

Good Riddance to the European Union and all the M.E.P.'s with their sinecures and massive pension plans. Mr & Mrs Kinnock will now have to find another gravy train. Yes, the pound will drop at first but markets will recover.

Hopefully, a drying up of the cheap labour from Poland and Ukraine.

A typical example for you.......Bae Systems in Scotlands Shipyards recently laid off hundreds of Scottish workers....then hired Polish workers at about 6 pound an hour less.....bah.gif

and what did Ms Nicola Ferguson Sturgeon have to say about that ?

The voters had very little to do with the outcome, this is the result that the "cabal" wanted, I don't know how these sub-human trash work, but in this result they will manufacture some blame mechanism aimed at at the UK leaving. That's why Cameron was featured in the Panama Papers. Good riddance to Europe, and your currency which was bound to failure from day one.

The cabal didn't want this referendum. It was not their idea and they did not put up a special false flag. They have miscalculated the people. There is a silent awakening and people are beginning to understand what is going to be inflicted upon them. Who asked for this tsunami migration? It is not a normal proces; it is planned long time ahead and the provocation was Merkel. Since all Eu country leaders are already 'posessed' by the cabal, they all went along and accepted it without any objection. Of course they did for the blame of stigmatizing and being called the stupid trendy word RACIST.

I am not discriminizing people in general, many countries have their migration, but the people who want to gome (read invade) into your country and then act as if they are boss...yes those people I will discriminate. They don't even have to say "thank you", but they can come and annoy our women and the police stay politically correct at home.

Archived