EU referendum: BBC forecasts UK votes to leave

webfact

From a personal point of view (being Aussie) I liked the outcome, didn't think the UK population had the balls to vote for such radical change.

Even more importantly for me was the knee jerk reaction of the ASX and world stock markets. Spent more $AUD in one day -BUYING- than I have ever done. Saved some for Monday as well just to see if stabilization does not occur over the weekend and more bargain opportunities arise.

IMHO it won't take too long for the GBP to recover.

Best buying day for a while. biggrin.png Pretty much same impression.

Cheers

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much of anything about the situation in the UK, but my guess is that the transnational reality of economies and business won't go away, it will just get more complicated for the UK now. Many of the business relationships back and forth across the channel will continue despite the Brexit. Time will tell whether Brexit will have much more than effect than a symbolic gesture, tho I suppose even that is not anything to sneeze at.

People who voted for Brexit seem to think they won't have any more immigrants to deal with now that Brexit has passed, I'd be surprised if that situation changed much as well. Whoever the parties are that have wanted immigration to the UK over the decades aren't going to suddenly go away because Brexit has passed and I'm sure they have their needs and that by hook or by crook they will not go unmet.

Who knows tho, we'll see, this world just gets weirder and weirder. If it all doesn't work out too well, perhaps the UK could get back into the EU at a later date via the back door of an independent Scotland that decides to join EU . Or perhaps the EU would also miss the UK's membership and be all too glad to have them back.

The bigger picture is that the U.K. has jumped ship early enough before the unsinkable E.U. cruise liner hits an iceberg and sinks.

Yes and the Multinational companies seeking to flee the UK to EU pastures may find themselves pond jumping as the EU shrinks. Once Merkel goes maybe the German people will see the light and stop the Brussells dominated Social Engineering madness

I am absolutely gutted about this decision to leave.

Firstly this should never have gone to a referendum. To allow ill-informed individuals to vote on such a complicated matter was always going to be a mistake. With very little economic reasons to leave it was always going to come down to emotion and the scare mongering of the Leave campaign meant that Bridget and Geoff in Sunderland thought the UK was going to be overrun by immigrants and voted accordingly. Cameron has royally <deleted> this up and must now resign. His fear of Nigel Farage and the racists in his own party forced the UK into this and now everyone will pay the price for his conceit. Also expect the Scottish nationalist to insist on another referendum as Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay and will now insist on independence. And being Scottish myself, I hope this time they get it.

Its done now and as usual life will go on but why this even got to this stage will be questioned for generations to come and the consequences felt throughout the whole of the UK for many, many years.

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

Firstly this should never have gone to a referendum. To allow ill-informed individuals to vote on such a complicated matter was always going to be a mistake. With very little economic reasons to leave it was always going to come down to emotion and the scare mongering of the Leave campaign meant that Bridget and Geoff in Sunderland thought the UK was going to be overrun by immigrants and voted accordingly. Cameron has royally <deleted> this up and must now resign. His fear of Nigel Farage and the racists in his own party forced the UK into this and now everyone will pay the price for his conceit. Also expect the Scottish nationalist to insist on another referendum as Scotland voted overwhelmingly to stay and will now insist on independence. And being Scottish myself, I hope this time they get it.

Its done now and as usual life will go on but why this even got to this stage will be questioned for generations to come and the consequences felt throughout the whole of the UK for many, many years.

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

Scotlands going nowhere until they get another teat to latch onto

Bye Bye Scotland.

Laughs are hard to come by today. Thanks for the chuckle.

From a personal point of view (being Aussie) I liked the outcome, didn't think the UK population had the balls to vote for such radical change.

Even more importantly for me was the knee jerk reaction of the ASX and world stock markets. Spent more $AUD in one day -BUYING- than I have ever done. Saved some for Monday as well just to see if stabilization does not occur over the weekend and more bargain opportunities arise.

IMHO it won't take too long for the GBP to recover.

Best buying day for a while. biggrin.png Pretty much same impression.

Cheers

We got more balls than u think Aussie boy. Especially when we give u a 3rd beating on the rugby pitch tomorrow.

So put that in your pipe an smoke it. ??

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

Great day!

Up yours England, the sooner we get rid of you the better. We've been supporting you and your pathetic policies for toooooo long!

Old geezers, who don't know how manipulation and populism works, simply got played.

Putin denies being happy about Brexit - 'This is a dark day for everyone, Russia wants a strong, united EU'

post-58566-0-80694200-1466779162_thumb.j

Well, for all the (still) doom Sayers, I am happy with the result. It was a democratic process.

England and Wales have voted to leave the E.U. LEAVE won by a majority.

For those (English and Welsh people) who do not like it - Tough.

Actually it is not like that, referendums in the UK are not legally binding, it is still 100% in the hands of parliament, and as Boris has already said, there's no rush to leave, he has fulfilled his agenda of opening up the PM vacancy, lets see how it plays it from here on. My money is on him stalling until the economy is really nose diving and 100,000's of jobs being lost, and them him calling another referendum and remain winning by a landslide.

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

Great day!

Up yours England, the sooner we get rid of you the better. We've been supporting you and your pathetic policies for toooooo long!

I think this time nobody will be asking Scotland to stay.

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

Great day!

Yes up urs haggis too.

The best thing that ever came out of Scotland woz the train home.

Edited by Sooo Upto Me

The exchange rate has dropped nearly 5 baht to the pound already. I presume all you Brits who are delighted with this result aren't relying on a British pension to support themselves in LOS.

Anyone that would vote worrying about exchange rates are just selfish. It is a vote against unelected morons thinking they know better. They don't.

The exchange rate has dropped nearly 5 baht to the pound already. I presume all you Brits who are delighted with this result aren't relying on a British pension to support themselves in LOS.

Shhhhhh don't talk about that, they don't want to hear it. Those poor old fellows will have to stay in another night each week to make up for the shortfall.

&lt;deleted&gt;

The old geezers left a bad inheritance for the Britain's youth. Silly old people.

HOW AGES VOTED
(YouGov poll)
18-24: 75% Remain
25-49: 56% Remain
50-64: 44% Remain
65+: 39% Remain

Hopefully the EU stand strong and also make needed changes to it's organisation. I'm sure EU will take all the best Britain youth inside, while leaves the elderly to UK. Fortunately there is no need to build a wall between EU and Britain.

Yes unfortunately for detractors facts as above speak for them selves, those who will be affected most by the future had the foresight to see strength in unity and the ability for UK to influence EU direction by its inclusion in the bloc. Look forward to the breakdown of United Kingdom to England without Scotland etc. Is England the most innovative nation? No. So what is one of its key strengths?; Center for financial transactions ? Read what these institutions are saying about where they may relocate .

Why is that people cannot accept that the people have spoken. When was the last time in a general election that any party got more than 50% of the vote ?

The PM said that a majority is a majority, can we just move on things are not going to change, the majority of the people want to leave the EU that was what the vote was about.

What happens now is decide on our plans and new direction, then everyone needs to get behind the country, get the markets and the £ back.

I have never known so many bad losers and people clutching at straws.

Bye Bye Scotland. ???

I think that this is the third or fourth post today where you have mentioned 'titties' or 'teats'. Are all these pictures of a resurgent, all conquering Nigel getting you hot under the collar?

I explained to you elsewhere that Scotland is second only to the SE of England in terms of GDP per capita. When we leave the UK (at a point of our choosing) you will be more than financially the worse for it.

The bigger picture is that the U.K. has jumped ship early enough before the unsinkable E.U. cruise liner hits an iceberg and sinks.

Well, if you so completely blind, jump at night from a large cruise ship and do not know how cold the water is, has no survival plan and does not know where the next port is,

I personally would wait a little longer and take precautions.

Incidentally, more than 40 years the UK helped to build this Cruise Ship, and also determined the ship's course.

Sounds like that Brexiters wish the downfall of the former 27 European partner countries.

Edited by tomacht8

Quoting,, jeab1980

As usual press jump to wrong conclusions and try to panic people.

As for the £ to drop in value was to be expected don't panic it will return.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

As a reader and follower of the press i was disgusted at the reporting

of many major broadcasters pushing to stay in the EU, completely

contradicting the voice of the common people on the street.

EGG ON YOUR FACE to all of you and yes Mr Beckham, i'm waiting

for your reply, where are you hiding Mr Beckham and your pals.

Well, if you so completely blind, jump at night from a large cruise ship and do not know how cold the water is, has no survival plan and does not know where the next port is,

Incidentally, more than 40 years the UK helped to build this Cruise Ship, and also determined the ship's course.

Sounds like that Brexiters wish the downfall of the former 27 European partner countries.

Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty requires a two year minimum exit period for a clean separation. Everything will be the same on Monday . . . a year from now, likely three years from now.

Don't panic, Captain Mainwaring.

Edited by MJP

I wasn't trying to belittle the achievement, but if it was 60/40 or greater for Brexit it would have reduced the sense of frustration that many are probably feeling.

Well thats tough titty then isnt it ? Its called democracy...majority vote carries the motion...if you take the Scottish vote out..who dont want to be part of the UK anyway...the majority is most likely 60/40

No, if you take the English share of the vote in isolation, the split is 53.4 to 46.6.

But STILL a majority in favour of a Brexit.

Only the losing side are the ones complaining about the size of the win or percentages.

Remain LOST.

Get over it and move on.

Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty requires a two year minimum exit period for a clean separation. Everything will be the same on Monday . . . a year from now, likely two years from now.

Don't panic, Captain Mainwaring.

Nope.

Only when it is decided and declared by UK parliament.

Only then run the deadline.

I have no fear, i only regret it that partners are now tough competitors.

Good luck.

It's going to be a terrible mess. Scotland will claim independence. Ironically, they will be out of UK, out of Europe, and their budget has had a massive whole blown in it.

A very sticky situation in N.Ireland, where the peace agreement was based on free border and power sharing: well that can't happen anymore!.

A big division between London haves and Northern have nots.

A big divergence between young and old.

I would say a disconnection is not going to be possible. It wouldn't surprise me if Article 50 is not enacted.

52/48 hardly a massive mandate. Probably there will be a face saving second referendum. With a minimum 10% majority required.

The Europeans may be able to reverse enact it, it seems and they are keen to let England go ASAP. Scotland will be welcomed into the EU and will thrive and survive whilst England faces an uncertain future as a slightly rustic farm from the mid-20th Century and an American tourist attraction off the coast of a thriving Europe.

Breaking news is that London is now talking about extracting itself from England.

Really? cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Of course you naturally have the links and web pages to prove it?

^^Tomacht, it depends on the politicians and negotiators. I very much doubt they'll cut each others throats.

What you might get is real positive change now in the EU apparatus. That would be a good thing for everyone.

Edited by MJP

Germany become a leader in EU and her diktat to push suicide for EU member states with this uncontrolled immigration is a criminal act. Islamisation is dangerous to all Greco-Roman cultural tradition. Many countries suffers this influx of terrorism and the promise of Sharia law. Berlin and Bruxcel is indifferent to logic and pushing this multicultural leftist agenda. They even have a law of invading by armies countries which do not agree with EU diktat. This so called democracy is just a demagogue dictatorship under the leadership of Germany. If this continue, EU members countries become Muslim. What then? You shoot those responsible? Too late. All not Muslim will be killed. End of story. There is a shortage of labor in EU? Bring Christians from all over the world. They will assimilate.

This Brexit was just as much political as economic vote. More countries could go for it in the future, if forced to accept German diktat on their knees. Germany is building strength without war and this is why they push this crazy ideas, which heart them as well. Angela Merkel was a communist and work for them as a youth leader. The leftists are always pushing these sociopathological ideas with no respect of population. This dictatorship will and in UK now.

Germany become a leader in EU and her diktat to push suicide for EU member states with this uncontrolled immigration is a criminal act. Islamisation is dangerous to all Greco-Roman cultural tradition. Many countries suffers this influx of terrorism and the promise of Sharia law. Berlin and Bruxcel is indifferent to logic and pushing this multicultural leftist agenda. They even have a law of invading by armies countries which do not agree with EU diktat. This so called democracy is just a demagogue dictatorship under the leadership of Germany. If this continue, EU members countries become Muslim. What then? You shoot those responsible? Too late. All not Muslim will be killed. End of story. There is a shortage of labor in EU? Bring Christians from all over the world. They will assimilate.

This Brexit was just as much political as economic vote. More countries could go for it in the future, if forced to accept German diktat on their knees. Germany is building strength without war and this is why they push this crazy ideas, which heart them as well. Angela Merkel was a communist and work for them as a youth leader. The leftists are always pushing these sociopathological ideas with no respect of population. This dictatorship will and in UK now.

. . . and the politicians wonder why there's a rise in the ghastly far-right.

It's going to be a terrible mess. Scotland will claim independence. Ironically, they will be out of UK, out of Europe, and their budget has had a massive whole blown in it.

A very sticky situation in N.Ireland, where the peace agreement was based on free border and power sharing: well that can't happen anymore!.

A big division between London haves and Northern have nots.

A big divergence between young and old.

I would say a disconnection is not going to be possible. It wouldn't surprise me if Article 50 is not enacted.

52/48 hardly a massive mandate. Probably there will be a face saving second referendum. With a minimum 10% majority required.

The Europeans may be able to reverse enact it, it seems and they are keen to let England go ASAP. Scotland will be welcomed into the EU and will thrive and survive whilst England faces an uncertain future as a slightly rustic farm from the mid-20th Century and an American tourist attraction off the coast of a thriving Europe.

Breaking news is that London is now talking about extracting itself from England.

Really? cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

Of course you naturally have the links and web pages to prove it?

This was hours ago, Nicola and Sadiq spoke over the phone, I watched Nicola say it live on BBC before I went out on the piss. They only spoke over the phone .................