Brexit ,implications for the Premier League ?

Sparkles

I have no idea but surely some way down the road it will mean possibly an increase in transfer fees, unless the pound recovers and work permits that could bea minefield.

I fully expected the vote to go the other way,got it totally wrong.

Allow those players who are already playing in the Premiership to stay and fulfill their contracts and extend if so desired,ban all other foreign players and perhaps our youngsters will get the opportunity to develop further and who knows we may get a World Cup winning side again.

Obviously we don't know how it will pan out but Europeans could be treated the same as non-EU players. So, a player from a top-10 ranked country has to have played in 30% of their games in the last two years. A player from a country ranked 11-20 must have played in 45% of international games. 60% for the 21-30 and 75% for countries ranked 31-50.

There could be a limit on foreign nationals but I think it's too early to fully understand what the implications will be until we know what deal will be done with the EU

Obviously we don't know how it will pan out but Europeans could be treated the same as non-EU players. So, a player from a top-10 ranked country has to have played in 30% of their games in the last two years. A player from a country ranked 11-20 must have played in 45% of international games. 60% for the 21-30 and 75% for countries ranked 31-50.

There could be a limit on foreign nationals but I think it's too early to fully understand what the implications will be until we know what deal will be done with the EU

the deal with the EU is pee off immediately UK, and rightly so. christ knows what it means for the premier league but i'm intrigued as to what year petermik thinks it might make for a world cup winning england team.

Edited by mrbojangles

the deal with the EU is pee off immediately UK, and rightly so. christ knows what it means for the premier league but i'm intrigued as to what year petermik thinks it might make for a world cup winning england team.

I gather you are a remainer who is full of anger and need time to come to terms with the decision. It is what it is and now is the time for level headedness before negotiating the withdrawal. Tit for tat decisions won't do the UK or the EU any good whatsoever.

My goodness ..what's the problem? ...There are 2 years to negotiate the exit from the EU

What I think is unfair is that the UK participates in all international football competitions with separate teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Re the 4 country unfairness, better get a good umbrella fvw53, to protect you from the $hitstorm that will descend from the football thread traditionalists' keyboards in the morning smile.png

so far off so not possible to judge if my assessment of it will make no difference is correct.

For info, the £ has been lower v the euro than it is now and that didn't effect things in the past

I have no idea but surely some way down the road it will mean possibly an increase in transfer fees, unless the pound recovers and work permits that could bea minefield.

I fully expected the vote to go the other way,got it totally wrong.

The premier league seems to have more clout than any government.

Allow those players who are already playing in the Premiership to stay and fulfill their contracts and extend if so desired,ban all other foreign players and perhaps our youngsters will get the opportunity to develop further and who knows we may get a World Cup winning side again.

"we may get a World Cup winning side again." 5555555!

In More Serious News.....the UK will not take part in the Eurovision Song Contest.......no more Nil Points and Boom bang a bang......

No they will just leave it to other Euro countries like Australia to fill the void....... I think the only time we won it was when we were not in the EU---- (Puppet on a string Sandie S)

** Possible there were other times...... it is the sort of event that's quickly forgotten............The only one that sticks in my memory is the transdresser with the beard.......coffee1.gif

In More Serious News.....the UK will not take part in the Eurovision Song Contest.......no more Nil Points and Boom bang a bang......

No they will just leave it to other Euro countries like Australia to fill the void....... I think the only time we won it was when we were not in the EU---- (Puppet on a string Sandie S)

** Possible there were other times...... it is the sort of event that's quickly forgotten............The only one that sticks in my memory is the transdresser with the beard.......coffee1.gif

So you actually watch them all?

cheesy.gif and hopefully it won't even be on the tv

Edited by Caps

Ststevie, yet another price.of ill thought out bollax by a brexiter,, not. unlike their whole campaign.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by mrbojangles
fixed quote

My goodness ..what's the problem? ...There are 2 years to negotiate the exit from the EU

What I think is unfair is that the UK participates in all international football competitions with separate teams from England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Current results indicate that they are there on merit.

(Excluding Scotland of course).

cheesy.gif and hopefully it won't even be on the tv

Australia are in it, so I really don't think Britain will be kicked out somehow.

whistling.gif

Surely you joke, there is no escape from the Eurovision song contest.

I gather you are a remainer who is full of anger and need time to come to terms with the decision. It is what it is and now is the time for level headedness before negotiating the withdrawal. Tit for tat decisions won't do the UK or the EU any good whatsoever.

it's the stupidest decision in british history, boj. <deleted> level headedness.

The falling pound will make English clubs easier for foreign investors. To buy and no doubts ultimately they will push for a tighter larger European league

And clubs will clamour to join so in the end once that happens and other leagues strengthen up and are marketed better the prem will lose its unique tv entertainment value very much added to by foreign Players who will be leaving in droves as their exchange rate plummits. tv packages will shrink and ultimately theres every chance the prem will be a weaker second rate league

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app