SURVEY: What affect will Brexit have on Europe and the EU?

Scott

SURVEY: What affect will Brexit have on Europe and the EU?  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Britain will start up a new Euro alliance on realistic terms, attracting members from the old EU, which will disintegrate.

Expand the Commonwealth?

Take back Australia, America and India, revoke their independence, then renegotiate with the Eu, game over.

Easy with the US, Boris Johnson becomes President of the US and PM of England, Wales and NI...Scotland can bugger off and kiss Merkels bum...problem solved

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some complex decisions that are simply beyond the capabilities of the majority of the general public to make, they are just not equipped to make them, the Eu referendum is one, decisions regarding democracy is another.

That old chestnut.. protect the people from themselves from your ivory palace.

Kurt

Not quite, it's the decision making abilities of people such as these that many people need protection from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjlwrKmqdYE&authuser=0

(Thanks MJP for the link)

I ask you, how can you possibly put a decision such as Eu membership in the hands of people like her and the millions of others like her.

Sorry, mate.....but she (and he) have been totally successful in winding you up...her acting ability is reminiscent of some of Shakespeare's very minor but "talkative" characters, like Mistress Quickly or Bardolph and Nym and many more.

You really have to use both sides of the brain before exposing yourself in this way for all to see....

There are some complex decisions that are simply beyond the capabilities of the majority of the general public to make, they are just not equipped to make them, the Eu referendum is one, decisions regarding democracy is another.

Kurt

Not quite, it's the decision making abilities of people such as these that many people need protection from:

I ask you, how can you possibly put a decision such as Eu membership in the hands of people like her and the millions of others like her.

She needs to dump her boyfriend, such a nice guy baiting her and then putting the video on the net for all to mock her

And you seem to be implying that 17+million UK voters are like her, which goes to show your level of intelligence.

Exactly. I've never met anyone that stupid in my life - which makes me wonder whether it was a 'stunt'.

Quite apart from the OTT stupidity, why on earth would the boyfriend stay with someone who has no comprehension of simple things?

Edit - Sorry, I've only just seen Blaze's far better response.

Edited by dick dasterdly

why on earth would the boyfriend stay with someone who has no comprehension of simple things?

1. Daddy bought her a nice flat in Knightsbridge.

2. Hot and unrestricted sex.

3. Her parents are his employers, and he's climbing the corporate ladder.

Took me about 10 seconds to think up a few reasons why a guy would live with a young, attractive but silly woman.

Might as well ask why so many large and aging expats come to Thailand and marry young Thai sex workers.

Edited by MissAndry

why on earth would the boyfriend stay with someone who has no comprehension of simple things?

1. Daddy bought her a nice flat in Knightsbridge.

2. Hot and unrestricted sex.

3. Her parents are his employers, and he's climbing the corporate ladder.

Took me about 10 seconds to think up a few reasons why a guy would live with a young, attractive but silly woman.

Might as well ask why so many large and aging expats come to Thailand and marry young Thai sex workers.

It doesn't matter as the youtube video is so obviously a 'wind up'.

Kurt

She needs to dump her boyfriend, such a nice guy baiting her and then putting the video on the net for all to mock her

And you seem to be implying that 17+million UK voters are like her, which goes to show your level of intelligence.

Not difficult to find close to 17 million voters who are the same as her or very similar, there's a bunch here on TVF. Cases in point:

the Brexiteer poster who thinks a prime reason for leaving is to get Cameron and Osborne out of office, only to see Osborne offered the same job under Leave, and with no qualifications too!

the economics denialists who voted leave claiming the very next day, "it's stabilised"!

the many posters who voted leave just to get immigration numbers down (or ahem, controlled) only to find that it's going to be business as usual.

the many many posters who sold other on the concept of Leave because 350 mill/week would go into the NHS.

and so on, and so on. Pathetic.

Sorry, mate.....but she (and he) have been totally successful in winding you up...her acting ability is reminiscent of some of Shakespeare's very minor but "talkative" characters, like Mistress Quickly or Bardolph and Nym and many more.

You really have to use both sides of the brain before exposing yourself in this way for all to see....

And if you think for one moment that her character doesn't exist in spades, you're either not a Brit or you haven't been there for a long time or you're blind and deaf.

And if you think for one moment that her character doesn't exist in spades, you're either not a Brit or you haven't been there for a long time or you're blind and deaf.

And that qualifies as:

'' Pot calling the kettle black ''

I'm a Brit. and lived there until able to retire to Thailand when I was 47 (i.e. 47 years living in England) - and never, ever met anyone so ridiculously stupid.

Its a 'wind-up'.

Not difficult to find close to 17 million voters who are the same as her or very similar, there's a bunch here on TVF. Cases in point:

the Brexiteer poster who thinks a prime reason for leaving is to get Cameron and Osborne out of office, only to see Osborne offered the same job under Leave, and with no qualifications too!

the economics denialists who voted leave claiming the very next day, "it's stabilised"!

the many posters who voted leave just to get immigration numbers down (or ahem, controlled) only to find that it's going to be business as usual.

the many many posters who sold other on the concept of Leave because 350 mill/week would go into the NHS.

So many lies it is hard to know where to start.

1. Osborne has been offered the same job under leave ? Source please ? Provide a list of Osborne's ECONOMIC Qualifications, which is totally different to Osborne having NO qualifications.

2. I distinctly remember telling you not to commit suicide and give the markets a week. I also distinctly remember telling you that I very much adhered to '' Short term pain for long term gain ''

3. I do not recall even mentioning immigration other than there was nothing wrong with having controlled migration.

4. Please point out ANYONE on TV that said that 350 Million a week would go to the NHS

Your bitterness is starting to eat you up. It might be best to seek professional help.

1. Osborne has been offered the same job under leave ? Source please ? Provide a list of Osborne's ECONOMIC Qualifications, which is totally different to Osborne having NO qualifications.

2. I distinctly remember telling you not to commit suicide and give the markets a week. I also distinctly remember telling you that I very much adhered to '' Short term pain for long term gain ''

3. I do not recall even mentioning immigration other than there was nothing wrong with having controlled migration.

4. Please point out ANYONE on TV that said that 350 Million a week would go to the NHS

Your bitterness is starting to eat you up. It might be best to seek professional help.

Here, this one's yours, the others are not directly attributable to you:

"the Brexiteer poster who thinks a prime reason for leaving is to get Cameron and Osborne out of office, only to see Osborne offered the same job under Leave",

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/george-osborne-offered-top-job-of-foreign-secretary-by-boris-joh/

Here, this one's yours, the others are not directly attributable to you:

"the Brexiteer poster who thinks a prime reason for leaving is to get Cameron and Osborne out of office, only to see Osborne offered the same job under Leave",

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/26/george-osborne-offered-top-job-of-foreign-secretary-by-boris-joh/

From your link

Leave campaign wants George Osborne as foreign secretary or chancellor

At this moment time it is not the Leave Campaigns call.

If anything he will be Foreign Secretary.

The rest of my post still stands.

"Please point out ANYONE on TV that said that 350 Million a week would go to the NHS"

Here's the offical source of the statement, I can't be arsed to trawl through 73 pages of pre-referendum posts to find out which people copied the statement, you were there so you know as well as I do it was said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-leave-wipes-nhs-350m-claim-and-rest-of-its-website-after-eu-referendum-a7105546.ht

Your other points are just distortions and I'm not playing your games this week, not knowing your economic strengths as I do.

"Please point out ANYONE on TV that said that 350 Million a week would go to the NHS"

Here's the offical source of the statement, I can't be arsed to trawl through 73 pages of pre-referendum posts to find out which people copied the statement, you were there so you know as well as I do it was said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-vote-leave-wipes-nhs-350m-claim-and-rest-of-its-website-after-eu-referendum-a7105546.ht

Your other points are just distortions and I'm not playing your games this week, not knowing your economic strengths as I do.

What a crock.

I did not ask for a link to a newspaper article.

I asked for a link to ANY of these. And I quote

No games CM. I am merely calling you out on your blatant lying.

What a crock.

For the sake of argument, and for the sake of argument only, let's say the chiangmai's allegation was false. That's just a distraction from the big lie from the pro leave movement that the 350 million pounds per week saved not being a member of the EU would go to the NHS. What Chiangmai or I or anyone claims on this website will have few consequences in the world. But when the Leave movement blatantly and knowingly propagates a huge lie like that, that is very significant. Particularly when it comes from people who were mostly in favor of slashing the budget of the NHS.

What a crock.

There there sarg, I know it's not nice to have truths pointed out after the fact and as said, you're not sending me on a 74 page hunt for what Brexit posters said pre-vote, tough. The fact that the Leave campaign had it on its web site and then tried to wipe the evidence when people started to deny it is way enough for me.

And here's another one, UK's AAA rating lost, oops, give it a week you say, right!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/27/george-osborne-to-speak-in-attempt-to-calm-markets-following-bre/

What a crock.

For the sake of argument, and for the sake of argument only, let's say the chiangmai's allegation was false. That's just a distraction from the big lie from the pro leave movement that the 350 million pounds per week saved not being a member of the EU would go to the NHS. What Chiangmai or I or anyone claims on this website will have few consequences in the world. But when the Leave movement blatantly and knowingly propagates a huge lie like that, that is very significant. Particularly when it comes from people who were mostly in favor of slashing the budget of the NHS.

Why do you focus on vote leave lies and not vote remain lies ?

Has the world broke into war yet.

Anyway, I was not talking about vote leaves lies. I was talking about chaing mai's lies on the many, many TV posters who were sold on 350 million a week going to the NHS.

How sad that you cannot make that distinction.

What a crock.

There there sarg, I know it's not nice to have truths pointed out after the fact and as said, you're not sending me on a 74 page hunt for what Brexit posters said pre-vote, tough. The fact that the Leave campaign had it on its web site and then tried to wipe the evidence when people started to deny it is way enough for me.

And here's another one, UK's AAA rating lost, oops, give it a week you say, right!!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/27/george-osborne-to-speak-in-attempt-to-calm-markets-following-bre/

What truths CM ?

You ain't telling me anything that I did not consider and thought was probably likely. It still would not change my vote.

Out of those many, many posters, whats wrong ? You cannot even find one reference.

How about just one of Osborne's economic qualifications. that must be easy to find.

Sorry, but you live in a fantasy land.

Your tone is typical of the Ins; extremely patronising and arrogant. In a spiteful kind of way, I hope the country goes to the dogs just to prove you right and get up your collective nose.

Of the vid, it was a likely a wind up. If legit, well there are thickos everywhere, but intimating she is indicative of those that see where the EU is heading and voted thusly is also typical. It's borderline trollish.

The affect on Europe will be profound, with one of the big players and the free thinker pulling out. They will have to come up with a miracle plan to hold it all together. With more terror attacks imminent and other nations getting itchy feet, it won't be easy.

What truths CM ?

You ain't telling me anything that I did not consider and thought was probably likely. It still would not change my vote.

Out of those many, many posters, whats wrong ? You cannot even find one reference.

How about just one of Osborne's economic qualifications. that must be easy to find.

Sorry, but you live in a fantasy land.

You don't seem to understand that very few if any cabinet ministers in any government have qualifications that match their areas or offices of responsibility, such things are not necessary and are not a requirement for the role.

Hey sarge, whilst writing, why not stop yelling at people and start debating like the grown up do, I know you're trained to yell at your squad but how's about trying a different approach once in a while, it's getting real old!

Your tone is typical of the Ins; extremely patronising and arrogant. In a spiteful kind of way, I hope the country goes to the dogs just to prove you right and get up your collective nose.

Of the vid, it was a likely a wind up. If legit, well there are thickos everywhere, but intimating she is indicative of those that see where the EU is heading and voted thusly is also typical. It's borderline trollish.

The affect on Europe will be profound, with one of the big players and the free thinker pulling out. They will have to come up with a miracle plan to hold it all together. With more terror attacks imminent and other nations getting itchy feet, it won't be easy.

Sorry if you don't like the tone, I can't help the fact that I had a decent education and can still think..

And yet still thought that ridiculous video was not only real, but also representative of many 'leave' voters??

Hey Changers.

If you want any more proof of the incompetence of Gidiout. Here you go.

Brexit live: 'It was not our responsibility' to have plan for leaving EU, says Osborne

Offer a referendum with no backup plan. Epic failure.

Now that the money men and traders have made their money.

In London, the FTSE 100 has jumped by 125 points, or around 2%, to 6,109 – recovering some of yesterday’s losses.

Every share has risen, led by builders, who endured the brunt of the Brexit backlash.

The French and German stock markets are also up by around 2% this morning, matching the recovery in London.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2016/jun/28/brexit-live-cameron-eu-leaders-brussels-corbyn-confidence

I will check back in with you on Friday to assess where that massive slump is at.

Edited by SgtRock

I will check back in with you on Friday to assess where that massive slump is at.

Too funny.

With BOE and the Fed working overtime along with other central banks, the chances are that by tomorrow or the day after the Pound will have somewhat stabilised, for the time being. As new economic news develops and is made known, that's when we'll start to see further movement, my best guess is that will be downwards.

So do check back again on this subject and let's talk again on it in about say 30/45 days, 7 days is meaningless and pointless.

Too funny.

With BOE and the Fed working overtime along with other central banks, the chances are that by tomorrow or the day after the Pound will have somewhat stabilised, for the time being. As new economic news develops and is made known, that's when we'll start to see further movement, my best guess is that will be downwards.

So do check back again on this subject and let's talk again on it in about say 30/45 days, 7 days is meaningless and pointless.

Yes. Its all hilarious in the eurozone too

Together with existing schemes to buy private debt and funnel hundreds of billions of euros in cheap loans to banks, the new quantitative easing program will release 60 billion euros ($68 billion) a month into the economy, ECB President Mario Draghi said.

By September next year, more than 1 trillion euros will have been created under quantitative easing, the ECB's last remaining major policy option for reviving economic growth and warding off deflation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecb-policy-idUSKBN0KU2ST20150122

Mind the crash

Too funny.

Yes. Its all hilarious in the eurozone too

Together with existing schemes to buy private debt and funnel hundreds of billions of euros in cheap loans to banks, the new quantitative easing program will release 60 billion euros ($68 billion) a month into the economy, ECB President Mario Draghi said.

By September next year, more than 1 trillion euros will have been created under quantitative easing, the ECB's last remaining major policy option for reviving economic growth and warding off deflation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecb-policy-idUSKBN0KU2ST20150122

Mind the crash

We're three months into that program, and the results at the half way point are exhilarating are they not, no, they're far from.