Massive petition calls for EU referendum re-run

rooster59

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

About the time that Bangkok is overwhelmed by flooding. Good luck with that lease btw.

Thank you. Nevertheless, it should be okay as I followed the golden rule that is to invest only on what one can afford or expect to loose!:smile: Enjoy.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, uptheos said:

Anyone listening to Carney from the Bank of England today

I don't remember a poll coming up with such an exact figure as 2.7 million, in fact I don't recall any poll so I can't imagine where those figures came from. Anyway, if another vote was held, remain would win in a canter.

It was the number of signatures on the petition that the thread was originally about.  The petition actually reached 4.15 million before it was closed, I quoted a figure from the beginning of this thread.

On 8/3/2017 at 2:50 AM, beautifulthailand99 said:

early days - the Opera ain't over till the fat lady sings....

And seriously those who truly seek a hard Brexit - whatever that means have to ask themselves what is the reality that a rat-tag army led by the likes of Farage / Johnson (who was always in it for himself from the off) and Gove would ever have their way when ranged by a huge array of the 'great and the good' .  This is the way of the world and as much as we can tap away on our keyboards - peeing into the wind - realpolitik  is exercised in the boardrooms and corridoors of power. What we can be certain of in the end is their interests will prevail , there will never be another referendum in my lifetime and a lot of the posturing going on at the moment is a movement towards that.  Like Somchai the tuk-tuk driver dreaming of Thaksin coming back and getting some crumbs off the rich man's table  - short of a bloody revolution it ain't gonna happen. And the longer this goes on the  more certain I am of this outcome. 

Which is precisely why I support another referendum on the 'final' agreement between the UK and EU - as long as it includes a 'leave immediately - WTO terms to apply' option.

This will concentrate politicians' minds (on both sides) to coming up with an acceptable agreement :smile:.

Edit - and with a bit of luck, force the EU to reform its EU's excesses in various areas.

Edited by dick dasterdly

I have to say reading daily all the newspapers and watching the news and reading forums like this has been interesting but also makes me sad. The EU has done very well at impregnating its core values across Europe. Eradicating countries heritage, culture and identity. Do as we say or else. Very similar to the Germans in the 1930s. So now the Germans are at the helm of the EU ship, bossing and directing and are leading the same destruction of Europe.

The constant, daily barrage of hate for the UK people for wanting to be independent astounds me. Not only from the EU but from some people, who actually call themselves British or is it European first. If the UK is going to be sent back to the dark ages, why the such daily attack of how we need to be apart of your (EU) great organization and if not we will be punished..

I am still unsure if the  current government will actually deliver on their promise, of leaving the EU but regardless it has made me realsie I would not want to be friends or apart of such a dictatorship, called the EU. No matter what happens, things will never  be the same.  If the UK government from whatever party do not deliver then they will might as well sit in the political wilderness for 20 years.

The EU really is starting to become like the 'hunger game' trilogy. Like that, it will end in tears for the EU.

11 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Which is precisely why I support another referendum on the 'final' agreement between the UK and EU - as long as it includes a 'leave immediately - WTO terms to apply' option.

This will concentrate politicians' minds (on both sides) to coming up with an acceptable agreement :smile:.

Edit - and with a bit of luck, force the EU to reform its EU's excesses in various areas.

Well I'm sure Madam May will take your views into account when deciding future policy.:smile:

9 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I have to say reading daily all the newspapers and watching the news and reading forums like this has been interesting but also makes me sad. The EU has done very well at impregnating its core values across Europe. Eradicating countries heritage, culture and identity. Do as we say or else. Very similar to the Germans in the 1930s. So now the Germans are at the helm of the EU ship, bossing and directing and are leading the same destruction of Europe.

The constant, daily barrage of hate for the UK people for wanting to be independent astounds me. Not only from the EU but from some people, who actually call themselves British or is it European first. If the UK is going to be sent back to the dark ages, why the such daily attack of how we need to be apart of your (EU) great organization and if not we will be punished..

I am still unsure if the  current government will actually deliver on their promise, of leaving the EU but regardless it has made me realsie I would not want to be friends or apart of such a dictatorship, called the EU. No matter what happens, things will never  be the same.  If the UK government from whatever party do not deliver then they will might as well sit in the political wilderness for 20 years.

The EU really is starting to become like the 'hunger game' trilogy. Like that, it will end in tears for the EU.

err except it's not is it. ? That's the problem this dystopian nightmare has been cooked up in your heads by cleverer , more wickedly foolish folk, that and your own outlook on the world , which from what I have seen seems to be the more unhappier end of our people. Who seem to think that some glorious post-Brexit 'free' Britain will make them happy. It won't , you have to bring your own happiness to the party I'm afraid and stop blaming others for the lack it.

On 3.8.2017 at 9:42 AM, gmac said:

I can't remember the exact numbers but it seems that of the 15/16 million who voted against Brexit 2.7 million are unhappy with the result.  Presumably that means the other 12/13 million who voted to stay are happy to go along with the majority. 

Sounds like 27 million to 3 million in favour of Brexit to me!  Or is that just twisting the figures?   I'm sure no politician or self-serving big business man would do such a thing and Project Fear never happened.

The country voted as it was asked to do and gave its answer, now just get on with it.

You said it. That is just twisting the figures.

In the group you refer to as "the other 12/13 million" you have no indication of the degree of happines or lack thereof.

11 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

err except it's not is it. ? That's the problem this dystopian nightmare has been cooked up in your heads by cleverer , more wickedly foolish folk, that and your own outlook on the world , which from what I have seen seems to be the more unhappier end of our people. Who seem to think that some glorious post-Brexit 'free' Britain will make them happy. It won't , you have to bring your own happiness to the party I'm afraid and stop blaming others for the lack it.

Can anybody make any sense of the above semi-literate, pseudo-psychological garble?