Apartments For Rent In Chang Mai

JimsKnight

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend apartments for rent in Chang Mai area, inside or outside the Old City is suitable.

If possible with Internet access in the room (ADSL).

Bangkoks got plenty but my groove is usually Chang Mai.

If any of the wise heads know anything the information would be much appreciated.

My monthly budget is 6000 - 10,000 Baht. Although i'll go over if needs must.

Regards.

JK

Hi There,

Can anyone recommend apartments for rent in Chang Mai area, inside or outside the Old City is suitable.

If any of the wise heads know anything the information would be much appreciated.

Regards.

JK

http://www.chiangmaihouse.com

has some listings to give you an idea. In general lots to choose from but easier to check out once your in town. In that Price range lots to consider. Decide what part of town you like first and go from there.

also keep an eye on http://www.chiangmainews.com/classifieds_job/list.php

for available listings.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

6000-10,000 you can rent a HOUSE ..

what i would suggest is apply for a phone line .. what you want it go talk to Internet service provider first . which area are there providing the service ..

a one time installation fee for phone line is about 2000-3000 baht .

and so on ..

so if you rent a 5000 baht house .

and your phone bill is 500

and your internet is 1000 baht ..

yor electrical bill will be low .. cos you paying flat rate .. NOT OVERLY PRICE rate form all condo and apaertment .

water is also clean and cheap .

if you need more info let me know

rem .. befor eyou rent the places .. find out if the internet provider is servicing that area ..

most City area is ok ..

and also if your places is near a game centre your bandwidth will be shared .. and it will be slow . compare to area that is not ..

so on and so for .

pm me if you need help

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

You absolutely do not need to spend that much in CM. I know of at least a few places where you can get in-room internet, one of which I live at myself. I'm pretty much in the center of town (not suburbs), near Central shopping mall. I pay 4,000 baht / mo. + utilities for a very nice room in a new apartment unit. We have a pool, exercise room, convenience store, laundry and a few cafes on-site. I have phone in-room, A/C, TV, fridge and other standard furnishings. Its safe and secure, with its own parking. ADSL is reasonable, 512K shared per floor, which doesn't end up too bad, at 300 baht per month. But you may need to find a proxy if you need certain ports to remain open.

I know of at least one other place as well. Email me directly if you want more information.

Christian

• 1 month later...
I see P.T. Place Apartments on the net, fairly reasonable price. Can anyone tell me about this building?

I had some friends staying there a couple of years back. Fairly old but reasonably maintained, no internet, minimum 6 months stay. Good location but some rooms very noisy with late night music from Fine Thanks every night.

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

You absolutely do not need to spend that much in CM. I know of at least a few places where you can get in-room internet, one of which I live at myself. I'm pretty much in the center of town (not suburbs), near Central shopping mall. I pay 4,000 baht / mo. + utilities for a very nice room in a new apartment unit. We have a pool, exercise room, convenience store, laundry and a few cafes on-site. I have phone in-room, A/C, TV, fridge and other standard furnishings. Its safe and secure, with its own parking. ADSL is reasonable, 512K shared per floor, which doesn't end up too bad, at 300 baht per month. But you may need to find a proxy if you need certain ports to remain open.

I know of at least one other place as well. Email me directly if you want more information.

Christian

Triangular, Could you explain this 'proxy' internet thingy a bit more. I've seen Computer Plaza software with programs that seek out proxy servers, but how does it all work?

Triangular, Could you explain this 'proxy' internet thingy a bit more. I've seen Computer Plaza software with programs that seek out proxy servers, but how does it all work?

I didnt see this post or I would have replied sooner. Its really a question for the technology forum, but Ill have a short go at an answer. A proxy is simply a server on the internet somewhere that you can connect to that will redirect your incoming or outgoing IP requests, instead of through whatever direct server you're already using. You could redirect just those ports you might choose. For example if your apartment complex, internet provider, or country (government) is censoring certain web sites or is blocking P2P ports preventing you from downloading the latest CD you want so bad. Or if your company is blocking streaming audio and video at the office so you'll focus on your work.

Or a proxy server might not give you access to anything you don't already have, but in some cases could provide faster access if your own server is too busy serving everyone else on your net.

Beware I don't see how software can go "looking" for proxy servers. The best ones are not publiclly advertised of course, because the more traffic they take the slower they will be.

Christian

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

Christian

Could you please post the address(9soi etc) of your appartment m8.Sounds like you have a really good deal.

Thanx

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

Christian

Sounds great, what the area like? And the noise? the place sounds too good to be true! Good find mate!

I am guessing this is www.huaykeawresidence.com

I stayed there for 4 months.

TINY apartment, rock hard mattress, unbearable internet, and a likely chance of of riding the elevated with some gelee with a mouthful of, well you get the picture and YES this is a true story, along with the drunk 50 year old thai lady stripping for me and asking me if I thought "mama" looked fat...

The furniture is decent, the shower is good, the TV is ok too, the security is nice, but if you lock yourself out past 6pm you are spending the night elsewhere. Lucky for me I crashed at a friend's dorm at CMU, though I had to go to work wearing the same clothes the next day since they don't open til 9am...

With the aircon set at 24-26 and off from 6:30am to 3:30pm, long showers, and a laptop in constant use I ended up seeing about 5,500B per month while I was there. They were really nice to me when i left and I didn't get my room scanned with a white glove. I can't talk about the pool or fitness since I left prior, but there is a cute pair of sisters whose parents own the laundry store there. Amost went somewhere till something seemed a miss and got a Thai friend involved who gave me the prompt advice of "run far away" :o

Ok that's it for my novel...

Brilliant,two totally conflicting points of view... :D Well,the truth must be somehwere in the middle,what ya reckon Billfo?

Blackartemis,your link doesnt work btw.

hmm, very interesting. I must admit it did sound too good to be true at first but for the views to be completley conficting does seem slightly strange. You're probably right saying its gotta be somehwere in the middle. But the only way to find out I suppose is to check it out first hand.

I just hope triangular's view is the more accurate! Although the fat thai lady stripping sounds...... intriguing! :o

She works in the massage palor in building 5, this is the building I stayed in.

Now to make it not soooo conflicting, the place is new, it's clean, it's just that it is a closet, a very clean closet with many interesting people outside of it, but still.

As for the link let me fix that for you :o www.huaykaewresidence.com (I switched the e and a)

The noise is not an issuse and the location is nice, there is a movie rental place and a good restaurant right on site and its next to Central.

I just would like to stress the whole tiny and unbearably slow internet one last time.

I know lanna III on the way to CMU on the right hand side is 3 times the size and about 7000 baht per month. I didn't go there because I ended up renting from a friend in Chom Doi, which depending on the room is more worn and torn than HK, has less security but the internet was great and the room was twice the size for the same price.

Now to make it not soooo conflicting, the place is new, it's clean, it's just that it is a closet, a very clean closet with many interesting people outside of it, but still.

As for the link let me fix that for you :o www.huaykaewresidence.com (I switched the e and a)

The noise is not an issuse and the location is nice, there is a movie rental place and a good restaurant right on site and its next to Central.

I just would like to stress the whole tiny and unbearably slow internet one last time.

I know lanna III on the way to CMU on the right hand side is 3 times the size and about 7000 baht per month. I didn't go there because I ended up renting from a friend in Chom Doi, which depending on the room is more worn and torn than HK, has less security but the internet was great and the room was twice the size for the same price.

Thanks for the not so conflicting view :D

I must admit after checking out the website it all looks very nice and clean (as do all promotional pictures!) but does look a tad on the small size. I suppose its a compromise for the amenities available (and of course the large Thai lady! haha) which do seem very nice and convenient. But its just weather its a compromise worth accepting. I will definately look elsewhere to weigh up the options and keep this place in mind.

The 7k a month place you mentioned sounds interesting too, maybe a little more than I'd like to pay but I'll check that out too.

Thanks for the advice!

Last night I was sitting on the edge of my bed in my tiny room at Huay Keaw Residence eating a can of cold baked beans and thinking about my life. Middle aged plus, án unemployed and financialy unsuccessful lawyer, alone, a few thousand dollars to my name. I got no where else to go........

Or...... last night I was sitting on the edge of my bed thrilled by the possibilities of my life; free and healthy, intelligent and educated, living in a fascinating and safe place filled with sexy decent woman with whom I stand the possibility of a chance.

Any way you look at it it Huay Kaew Residence is only marginally acceptable for a short time for most people. For an extra thousand baht they will do a one month lease........

Coild you give the address of Lanna III, cannot find any information about at the net...

Thank You

I don't much like Thai food, but it is way better than cold baked beans.

Try a good, hot Pad Thai, read a good book and when you calm down yu will realize that it is nice and cool outside and that you can go out and drink a few beers and get laid quite easily and that life is indeed good! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Try a good, hot Pad Thai, read a good book and when you calm down yu will realize that it is nice and cool outside and that you can go out and drink a few beers and get laid quite easily and that life is indeed good! :D

UG, I have worked in some places where the food has been so bad I would have killed for a can of baked beans. :o

Sorry I can't find the info right now, I stumbled upon it through a link within a link on here :/

The only help I can give is that it's on the rightside between canal and CMU (I don't think it's between canal and Nimm)

Not much of a help, but I believe it also has a pool and fitness center. The size is something along the lines of 80sq m

Try a good, hot Pad Thai, read a good book and when you calm down yu will realize that it is nice and cool outside and that you can go out and drink a few beers and get laid quite easily and that life is indeed good! :D

UG, I have worked in some places where the food has been so bad I would have killed for a can of baked beans. :o

In Thailand? :D

I was in Huay Kaew Residence last friday looking for a room for a friend. They showed me a 24 sq meter apt. I thought it was good value for the money -- fairly quiet and utilised the small space very well. but it's all a moot point since they told me they are fully booked now.

btw. Lanna 3 is on the NW corner of Huay kaew Rd and the Canal Rd.

I was in Huay Kaew Residence last friday looking for a room for a friend. They showed me a 24 sq meter apt. I thought it was good value for the money -- fairly quiet and utilised the small space very well. but it's all a moot point since they told me they are fully booked now.

Thank You,

please, where is the Canal Rd, or has ist another name too ???

I am relying on interactive maps right now, I cannot find it :o

Ref.: Huay Kaew Apt.

I am there in one of the 2-room Apts.

Good things:

It is pretty quiet, since most of the people seem to work or study, so need their sleep, no mongering at nighttime like at other touristy places.

Good security, helpful staff....

Fitness and pool at Orchid hotel acccess granted at 1200 baht per month ....

All you want is just nearby.... mall etc.

Strange things:

Swimming pool seems ready, not open yet

Fitness center poor equipped, 2 walkers, 2 steppers, 2 cycles, not much else.

Internet connection is very slow, depending on time of the day...

Had to buy pillow, bedsheet, and blanket.... (first time in life at an serviced Apt.)

BUThave looked around for better accomodation, but yet have to find one...

So my last try will be the Lanna III... where is the Canal Road please ???

I see P.T. Place Apartments on the net, fairly reasonable price. Can anyone tell me about this building?

I had some friends staying there a couple of years back. Fairly old but reasonably maintained, no internet, minimum 6 months stay. Good location but some rooms very noisy with late night music from Fine Thanks every night.

Thank You,

please, where is the Canal Rd, or has ist another name too ???

I am relying on interactive maps right now, I cannot find it :o

Ref.: Huay Kaew Apt.

I am there in one of the 2-room Apts.

Good things:

It is pretty quiet, since most of the people seem to work or study, so need their sleep, no mongering at nighttime like at other touristy places.

Good security, helpful staff....

Fitness and pool at Orchid hotel acccess granted at 1200 baht per month ....

All you want is just nearby.... mall etc.

Strange things:

Swimming pool seems ready, not open yet

Fitness center poor equipped, 2 walkers, 2 steppers, 2 cycles, not much else.

Internet connection is very slow, depending on time of the day...

Had to buy pillow, bedsheet, and blanket.... (first time in life at an serviced Apt.)

BUThave looked around for better accomodation, but yet have to find one...

So my last try will be the Lanna III... where is the Canal Road please ???

thanon khan khlong chonprathan (sometimes seen as 'cholprathan', but the Thais do not pronounce ล as an L when it occurs in syllable-final position, it becomes an 'n' sound. 'Thanon' = road, street. 'khlong chonprathan' = irrigation canal).

As Black Artemis said, it is the road with an irrigation canal in the middle dividing north/south bound traffic. If you are driving Huay Kaew Rd. towards Doi Suthep, you will hit at at the next intersection after Rincome (Rinkham) intersection - Rincome is where the Superhighway turns into Thanon Nimmanhemin.

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

Christian

Sounds great, what the area like? And the noise? the place sounds too good to be true! Good find mate!

With the internet thing, I find that most places internets slow down at 'peak times' ie 1700 - 2200 hrs which is when all the Ragnarok brats and school kids dive into the internet cafes.

You just have to try and work around the times thats all.

Hi There,

Regards.

JK

Christian

With the internet thing, I find that most places internets slow down at 'peak times' ie 1700 - 2200 hrs which is when all the Ragnarok brats and school kids dive into the internet cafes.

God,how many times those kids would come in and crash the internet cafe i always used.Always happens when i'm about to finish an email.. :o

Sounds like those places are on a shared connection - even 2048 MB isn't much if all of the maybe 24 persons you're sharing them with all are online.... On my unshared line I usually only experience slight slowdown at peakhours for the CAT-backbone: that'll be like 16.00-18.00 on weekdays with particularly Thursdays as bad guys.