US History Teacher in Thailand?

Does anyone happen to know someone who is a certified US History teacher and is living in Thailand? They have to be a real teacher with qualifications. I am looking for a tutor for my son and it could possibly expand into a lot of work. Anyway, please let me know where or how to find such a person in Thailand.

How old is your son? Have you tried youtube?

I passed the content exams for US History as a fun exercise, and have taught finance courses for years while working for a private company (never taught History). I'm not a fan of what is taught in the American school system.

What bothered me was talking about America in 1895 and then omitting (likely time constraints, not sure) what is happening in Japan, Russia, China and elsewhere during that time. I have been studying history for decades and decades, and I learn new things every week. It's all about repetition, sort of like studying Thai. Soon it will click. good luck with your search, I just hope the teacher doesn't spend 100-hours on US Presidents and puts his or her bias in the curriculum. You grow up liking George Washington and likely FDR, but Theodore Roosevelt begins to become more and more interesting. Since I'm not a teacher, I can have stronger opinions and I think someone should really learn World History with an emphasis on America. Studying rivers and capitols makes no sense to me if you are missing a chance to study communism, fascism, hundred years war, etc.....

I minored in history and was a pre med student at Stanford....went the med route. But History has been and always will be an absoulte love......I was blessed with hisrorians that were able to relate the past as an addicting serial......Law school or teaching comes from that degree but I have the utmost of respect for degreed historians. good luck with your noble request.

Archived