Lazboy recliner

lelapin

Several years ago I had one arm on a leather LazyBoy sofa recovered by the LB factory. They sent a truck to the house in Pattaya, picked up the sofa, and returned it after the work was complete. They did a good job, but I think it took about 1.5 to 2 months. I don't remember the price, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. They did a very good job matching the original leather, and the repair still looks good years later. In fact, it is not really noticeable at all, except that the repaired arm looks slightly newer than the rest of the sofa (which was already several years old at the time of the repair.)

I suggest that you contact the LB main office in Bangkok, as they arranged everything. Good luck with this, as things may have changed since then...

• 3 weeks later...

+1 for Thepprasit Road.

did you both have Lazy-boy arms recovered as the OP asked ? I too need this service for both arms. Does the SOFA shop collect?

Why do the arms wear and nothing else? Sweat is the current suggestions or could it be slightly different material ?

The issue is matching the leather especially if it's a large area to fix.

sorry JT but don't understand this post

The OP has a Lazyboy chair that is covered in leather from their factory that has a specific color.

I have the same type of thing, with really great Italian leather in a lovely color.

The arm wore a large hole.

I looked into get it repaired in Thepprasit and was always told: CANNOT.

I think to really fix stuff like this it's at the Lazyboy factory or nothing. Unless you want to redo the ENTIRE chair in either leather (if a shop does leather) or new fabric.

The issue is matching the leather especially if it's a large area to fix.

sorry JT but don't understand this post

The OP has a Lazyboy chair that is covered in leather from their factory that has a specific color.

I have the same type of thing, with really great Italian leather in a lovely color.

The arm wore a large hole.

I looked into get it repaired in Thepprasit and was always told: CANNOT.

I think to really fix stuff like this it's at the Lazyboy factory or nothing. Unless you want to redo the ENTIRE chair in either leather (if a shop does leather) or new fabric.

The problem is if I go to Lazboy then I will have the same problem again in another year. I really don't care if the arms will be an exact match to the rest of the chair. If the colour blends with the rest of the chair and lasts 4 years then I am happy.

Maybe not directly connected to this story but I hope Lazboy goes bankrupt

I have supplied them for years on end with parts needed to make they're

chairs ( many years ago) my business went down the drain because of them

I produced every product as a low as possible price but they went to Chinese

companies so they killed of my company and my life Stuff them

The problem is if I go to Lazboy then I will have the same problem again in another year. I really don't care if the arms will be an exact match to the rest of the chair. If the colour blends with the rest of the chair and lasts 4 years then I am happy.

my thoughts precisely lelapin. A fair colour tone or match would suit.

So where will do you think you will go for the service?

I popped into the SOFA shop on Theppasit today (must be near Soi 7 or 9 southside i reckon) and as i was a farang (with :plenty of money" sic) he quoted B6,000 in leather for the two arms and he said they would collect and re-deliver. Busy so about 4 weeks to wait..

What are your thoughts?

PS. Sorry to read your comments White Christmas 13

my thoughts precisely lelapin. A fair colour tone or match would suit.

So where will do you think you will go for the service?

I popped into the SOFA shop on Theppasit today (must be near Soi 7 or 9 southside i reckon) and as i was a farang (with :plenty of money" sic) he quoted B6,000 in leather for the two arms and he said they would collect and re-deliver. Busy so about 4 weeks to wait..

What are your thoughts?

PS. Sorry to read your comments White Christmas 13

Thanks for info. I don't even mind if the arms are not done in leather. Would definitely not buy a Lazboy again.

Sounds a reasonable deal from SOFA shop if they do a good job and collect and deliver

Got a Lazy boy recliner, think it's great.

Nearly two years and the material upholstery appears spot on, not sure what all the fuss is about.

well lucky you Lou. Nearly two years and still going strong.

I too like the recliner.

We are simply discussing where to get the leather arms repaired as it seems several of us have had the same problem.

No fuss

A thread just asking

How much to redo the entire chair with fabric do you think?

I hadn't even considered doing a leather repair without a leather match.

I've just been covering up the ugly mess with a Thai silk bed covering ... whistling.gif

Edited by Jingthing

my wife used thin strong double sided 3M tape to 'stick' near-colour-match large patches of leather over the deteriorating weak spots on, around & under both arms but then after about 18 months the original arm areas not covered by yhose patches have now given way to moisture/sweat !

On thinking about it I suppose we could use even bigger 'patches' which incidentally have not deteriorated at all.

Can get a lot of that leather/leatherette for B6,000 which was bought from a shop on northbound Suk between Tai & Klang and just about opposite to the one U-Turn left before the underpass.

I have the topmodel and both arms and the whole backrestleather is gone. I bought some nice towells and cover the holes with it since i can't find a person to upholster in BKK.

The leather started cracking after 5 years, i have the expensive thin leather.

It's a shame that a high-end recliner has this problem after 5 years. I won't buy it again since there are also very good copycopy lazboys for a much lower price.

some interesting observations here. I forgot to mention mine didn't start cracking until after about 6 years and we lived then almost on Na Jomtien beach.

The recliner is now about 8-9 years old and everything else except the arms is still just fine.

• 2 months later...

This is what my Lazyboy recliner looks like after just 2 years 4 months of extremely light use (would estimate 40 hours of sitting time): The arm rest leather is cracking and the back rest leather has torn at the seams. The stitching at the seams did not fail, the leather is so thin that the leather just split. Basically it looks like it is only a matter of time before there is split leather all over the place. No way I would purchase a LazyBoy product again. Does anyone know where I could get this reupholstered in fabric in Bangkok?

DSCN7435.JPGDSCN7438.JPG

Edited by Gecko123