Flying with a cat from Bangkok to Samui carry-on, help!

Hello. I'm flying from Europe to Samui with my cat as carry-on, no problem. But I can't find an airline that will let me take my cat from Bangkok to Samui carry-on. I can take my cat as carry-on in a soft bag/carrier from Europe to Bangkok under the seat. But when I need to fly to Samui I need a hard sided crate for the cargo hold. So it's as if I need two carriers, not possible. Is there any airline that will let me take my pet on-board to Samui or Surat Thani? Or do I need to take the train?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Maybe you can it in 2 or 3 units... ?

the op was asking for help, ok.

sedating a cat is the easiest way for them to go stress free through any form of transport. some cats stress out even on short car travel.

ask your vet, zonk her out as much as you can, it does not help her at all to travel near you under your feet in the passenger compartment unless she can get out and roam, the airline will provide a travel box for her and when she wakes up in a new place she'll just start exploring again.

they are resilient creatures.

Thank you manfredtillmann. Do you know which airline provided the travel box. I've been looking at buying one but they are very expensive for the once in a life time flight. I was also thinking of spending overnight in Bangkok to give the cats a rest. I'm travelling from Venice and it's a long way. I'm worried about them not drinking for many hours.

I noticed none of the carriers in Thailand allow pets in the cabin when I wanted to take my parrot up north. Kinda sucks because putting a bird with the luggage could over stress the animal. She goes in carrier but I'm not sticking her under the plane. Op, what was the process like brining your cats from overseas?

post-200208-0-48491800-1467286848_thumb.

Hi I brought my cat from new Zealand to Bangkok. She travelled in a plastic cat box with a drinking bottle. As we landed at nidnight she had to stay overnight at immigration. She was delivered to us at Survanabum and we took her to Phuket as checked in luggage. She was fine and didnt seem to suffer any. Airline staff were super helpfull. Took a whlie for her to acclimatise to the heat

Thank you manfredtillmann. Do you know which airline provided the travel box. I've been looking at buying one but they are very expensive for the once in a life time flight. I was also thinking of spending overnight in Bangkok to give the cats a rest. I'm travelling from Venice and it's a long way. I'm worried about them not drinking for many hours.

venice to milan - perhaps alitalia will let you take her into the cab? one day rest after.

milan to where?

i think every international airline provides pet cages approved for their particular requirements. and they all fly 'downstairs'.

i do not want to worry you, but there actually used to be a re - labeled switch on some planes (b 727 i know off) call 'btm' for 'bark too much' that would switch of cargo heating...

that was a long time ago, but.

i only ever took my cats on ships across the north sea and they hated it, big time.

Not allowed in the passenger room? Many years ago, 2001? It was allowed with Thai Airways

My then Gf flew with a mother cat, which had adopted me in Patong and her 4, 3-4 week young kittens in one Cat Plastic container together in the passenger cabin,

from Phuket to Bangkok, changed flights and then on to Khon Kaen,. Small fee, was at that time no big thing! thumbsup.gif

But the laws changed blink.png

http://www.pettravel.com/airline_pet_rules/thai_airways.cfm

My home country carrier AUA and Lufthansa, allows small pets in cabin thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892719-taking-a-cat-on-domestic-thai-flight/

So, I just looked only one Car Rental broker, that gave me a deal, 4.500.- Baht for 7 days - pick up at Suvarnabhumi Airport and give back one way in Koh Samui Airport for free no charge.

Drive yourself, or take the train - cheaper, but with that price for a car, a good alternative. thumbsup.gif

http://www.rentalcars.com/SearchResults.do?enabler=&country=Thailand&doYear=2016&distance=10&ftsEntry=1472725&city=Bangkok&driverage=on&doFiltering=false&dropCity=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&dropFtsType=A&ftsAutocomplete=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)%2c+Bangkok%2c+Thailand&driversAge=30&dropFtsAutocomplete=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)%2c+Thailand&dropFtsLocationName=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&fromLocChoose=true&filterTo=1000&dropLocationName=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&dropCountryCode=th&ftsType=A&doMinute=0&countryCode=th&puYear=2016&ftsLocationSearch=34486&dropFtsSearch=L&locationName=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)&puMinute=0&ftsInput=ban&doDay=19&searchType=&filterFrom=0&coordinates=13.6882%2c100.749&puMonth=7&dropLocation=34556&dropFtsInput=Koh+Samui&doHour=10&dropCountry=Thailand&dropCoordinates=9.5468%2c100.063&ftsLocationName=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)&ftsSearch=L&puDay=12&dropFtsLocationSearch=34556&puHour=10&location=34486&dropFtsEntry=1472731&doMonth=7&filterName=CarCategorisationSupplierFilter

Edited by ALFREDO

Not allowed in the passenger room? Many years ago, 2001? It was allowed with Thai Airways

My then Gf flew with a mother cat, which had adopted me in Patong and her 4, 3-4 week young kittens in one Cat Plastic container together in the passenger cabin,

from Phuket to Bangkok, changed flights and then on to Khon Kaen,. Small fee, was at that time no big thing! thumbsup.gif

My home country carrier AUA and Lufthansa, allows small pets in cabin thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/892719-taking-a-cat-on-domestic-thai-flight/

So, I just looked only one Car Rental broker, that gave me a deal, 4.500.- Baht for 7 days - pick up at Suvarnabhumi Airport and give back one way in Koh Samui Airport for free no charge.

Drive yourself, or take the train - cheaper, but with that price for a car, a good alternative. thumbsup.gif

http://www.rentalcars.com/SearchResults.do?enabler=&country=Thailand&doYear=2016&distance=10&ftsEntry=1472725&city=Bangkok&driverage=on&doFiltering=false&dropCity=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&dropFtsType=A&ftsAutocomplete=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)%2c+Bangkok%2c+Thailand&driversAge=30&dropFtsAutocomplete=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)%2c+Thailand&dropFtsLocationName=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&fromLocChoose=true&filterTo=1000&dropLocationName=Koh+Samui+Airport+(USM)&dropCountryCode=th&ftsType=A&doMinute=0&countryCode=th&puYear=2016&ftsLocationSearch=34486&dropFtsSearch=L&locationName=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)&puMinute=0&ftsInput=ban&doDay=19&searchType=&filterFrom=0&coordinates=13.6882%2c100.749&puMonth=7&dropLocation=34556&dropFtsInput=Koh+Samui&doHour=10&dropCountry=Thailand&dropCoordinates=9.5468%2c100.063&ftsLocationName=Bangkok+Suvarnabhumi+Airport+(BKK)&ftsSearch=L&puDay=12&dropFtsLocationSearch=34556&puHour=10&location=34486&dropFtsEntry=1472731&doMonth=7&filterName=CarCategorisationSupplierFilter

Grazie Alfredo,

I was thinking about that option too. It looks like a nice drive cool.png

Grazie Alfredo,

I was thinking about that option too. It looks like a nice drive cool.png

Thank you.

The driving is, when you check first weather conditions, a easy one, no problem. in 2 days no big deal.

Stop in Chumphon, is about half way, or make it three - until Prachuap Kiri Khan - Chumphon or Surat Thani - Ferry

Have time, no? Depends also how young the child.

But the flights for 2 people and cats are sure same price or more, then the small car for a week! thumbsup.gif

I drove Udon Thani or Chayaphum - Phuket many times with own cars, only once in a day = 1.250 km from my Chayaphum Village and so I stopped always in Prachuap. smile.png

Best wishes, take it easy, have fun. Let the cats look around out of the car windows, roaming freely, tongue.png