Depressed Thai Woman Hangs Herself in Window

webfact

Depressed Thai Woman Hangs Herself in Window

Story by Albert Jack

p1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Nongprue Police Station was informed of a death by hanging at a house in Soi Boonsamphan, Banglamung at 8.30pm last evening.

Sawangboriboon medics were also alerted and had to fight their way through crowds of people gathered in the soi who were trying to find out what had happened.

At a two-story townhouse forty-five year old Supanwadee Ruapanich was hanging by electric wire from a curtain rail above a window. Medics estimated she had been dead for between 3-4 hours. There was no disturbance to the room and no sign of any struggle.

The village security guard, fifty-two year old Sabai Pakaew, reported that he was on routine patrol around the area when he saw a shadow by the window and felt like he was being watched. So he shone his torch at the building and recognised the owner of the house hanging motionlessly. He then ran to alert a colleague who called the police.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/226262/depressed-thai-woman-hangs-herself-in-window/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2016-06-29

"The village security guard, fifty-two year old Sabai Pakaew, reported that he was on routine patrol around the area when he saw a shadow by the window and felt like he was being watched. So he shone his torch at the building and recognised the owner of the house hanging motionlessly. He then ran to alert a colleague who called the police."

Wow---then he went home & changed his underpants...................coffee1.gif

nearly 24h and no posts yet about questioning if this was a real suicide or not

wake up guys

from daughter...

The daughter of the deceased, twenty-two year old Maneerat Ruapanich, soon arrived and tearfully explained that her mother had depression and ‘always thought too much about every issue.’ Apparently she was presently involved in a worrying court case and was also unemployed and burdened by heavy debt.

The above gives me more reason to think suicide!

What a wimp. We all have problems. We all face challenges. Suicide is perhaps the most selfish act a person can commit. No thought whatsoever, as to the family, friends, and everybody else who feels utterly betrayed by this weak person. I understand depression can make people do stupid things. So, get some help. Stop being so weak and helpless. Get a life. Do something.

The only time I can wrap my mind around the call for suicide, is when one is terminally ill. Then, I get it. Otherwise, it is just bad news.

What a wimp. We all have problems. We all face challenges. Suicide is perhaps the most selfish act a person can commit. No thought whatsoever, as to the family, friends, and everybody else who feels utterly betrayed by this weak person. I understand depression can make people do stupid things. So, get some help. Stop being so weak and helpless. Get a life. Do something.

The only time I can wrap my mind around the call for suicide, is when one is terminally ill. Then, I get it. Otherwise, it is just bad news.

I find it difficult to wrap my head around your lack of empathy.

"Stop being so weak and helpless. Get a life. Do something."

...textbook comment from someone who understand zero about depression.

You are correct. I do know little about depression. But, I have a dear friend who was depressed, and took his life a year or so ago. In his younger brothers room. Everybody around him was devastated. I was deeply shocked and saddened. Then I became angry. Why did he not reach out to any of us? Why not seek help. What he did was so weak. So desperate, so helpless. Yes, I stand by my words. And I will add to it the word pathetic.

Edited by spidermike007

You are correct. I do know little about depression. But, I have a dear friend who was depressed, and took his life a year or so ago. In his younger brothers room. Everybody around him was devastated. I was deeply shocked and saddened. Then I became angry. Why did he not reach out to any of us? Why not seek help. What he did was so weak. So desperate, so helpless. Yes, I stand by my words. And I will add to it the word pathetic.

It's pretty obvious why your friend didn't feel like he could turn to you for help.

It's pretty obvious why your friend didn't feel like he could turn to you for help.

Wrong. I would have done anything for him. I lent him money, I provided him with all kinds of emotional support, and I was there for him. He was an amazing man. Super smart, funny, witty, charming, and alot of fun to be around. He obviously had problems. I knew of his financial problems. So did his family. We all did what we could to help him. But, I would have done anything in my power to be there for him. We all felt incredibly betrayed when he took his own life. I think that is how many families and friends feel, when someone commits this ultimate act of weakness and surrender.

Wrong. I would have done anything for him.

Anything? ...except spending 15 minutes on google learning about depression and trying to develop a little understanding and empathy towards those that have it?

Honestly, ...calling him "pathetic" and "...just get a life" is textbook zero understanding of the illness!