Six of the best? No,boy gets forty whacks from Thai teacher

webfact

Six of the best? No,boy gets forty whacks from Thai teacher

s3p.jpg
Image: Sanook

ANG THONG: -- A mother has complained to an Ang Thong school that her ten year old was hit forty times on the bottom by a teacher.

His crime? Forgetting a duty in the classroom.

The teacher at the school in Wisetchaichan district has been named as Cherng Ngamplot, reported Sanook. The matter is now with police and will be investigated further today. School director Prajin Thianthet said the matter was being investigated - then put the phone down on reporters.

Mother Kanpitcha Phaijan showed the press the wounds on her son named only as "A". He had come home with a fever on Monday and she asked him what was wrong - then the story came out.

"A" told reporters that he had forgotten to do a duty on Friday along with two friends. On Monday Khru Cherng called him for punishment and gave him forty whacks while administering 30 and 15 to his friends.

Kanpitcha said that 40 was excessive. Two or three times would be fine, she added. She said that she went to complain at the school and the teacher admitted what he had done and said that he was ready to resign. She wanted him to pay for medical bills. But now the case is with the police with all parties due to be interviewed today.

The story was shared 17,000 times on social media by yesterday. Last week a teacher was caught on tape hitting a female teenage student on the head. The student apologized and the teacher remains in his job.

Source: Sanook

tvn.png
-- 2016-06-29

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kids should be whacked for fighting, bullying etc, but for forgetting to sweep the class or other triviality? Thai teachers seem to get off on inflicting pain on their students. He should be fined, struck off and banged up.

Kids should not be whacked for any reason.

Violence is not necessary for discipline.

In my days there was physical punishment but times have changed (not that the woman libralists or gov would tell me what to do with my own children)

The case above & the girl who got more than a wack on the head is total abuse

& why not show the picture of how brutally a so called teacher can abuse students ( maybe even your own child )

& in your defence of your child with the old 1 2 Im sure theyd love to arrest / lock yu up & deport

"A mother has complained to an Ang Thong school that her ten year old was hit forty times on the bottom by a teacher."

Most likely the mother will get into trouble for causing the teacher to lose face, resulting in a possible defamation suit.

In a rational world, the teacher would receive a lengthy prison sentence. It is amazing that adults aren't arrested and charged with hitting a helpless child, when, if thay had done the same thing to an adult, they would be charged with assault and battery.

I copped the strap more than once in my younger days at school and it was appropriately stopped from happening by law. What we see with these teachers is simply abuse, the teachers are simply sadistic and probably suffer from "small penis syndrome", they need to show everyone how tough they are by beating up on little children that cant fight back, we see it all the time with thai males as well when they gang up to beat up on one person. Until the police start to arrest and charge all the males that do this crap it wont stop even if it means they will also have to refrain from doing the same thing. The main blame lies with the thai mentality that males can do as they please and are better than everyone else, time to advance a few centuries in their thinking as well as parenting

Kids should be whacked for fighting, bullying etc, but for forgetting to sweep the class or other triviality? Thai teachers seem to get off on inflicting pain on their students. He should be fined, struck off and banged up.

Hope you never come a teacher, oh maybe you were on in your own country ..

What gets me is that the MoE states that caning / hitting students is not acceptable but I know of NO Thai school that enforces that rule? I was aghast when my wife said Thai teachers actually enjoy doing it. The admin know...everyone knows it is commonplace. Why doesn't it stop?

Struck off from what???

I doubt that a country that employs foreign teachers and does not check to find out why they are no longer allowed to teach in their home country will have a register of qualified and fit teachers.coffee1.gif

Yeeah Struck off from what ?

Authorities take proper action ?

Police sort out the problem ?

Here......?

Wise up.

Nothing will be done. It is the norm here. We cannot even begin to undertand or unravel the DNA that controls the emotions of the indigenous tribes of this entire S.E. region.

Makes me sick to the stomach looking at those photos.

What gets me is that the MoE states that caning / hitting students is not acceptable but I know of NO Thai school that enforces that rule? I was aghast when my wife said Thai teachers actually enjoy doing it. The admin know...everyone knows it is commonplace. Why doesn't it stop?

It's not just the MoE. Thai law makes it a criminal offence. However, as we know, laws are enforced somewhat selectively.

A teacher hit my daughter and some of her friends on the hand 3 or 4 times with a rule again for not doing a tidy up duty she had imposed on them. I complained directly to the principal and the result was a written warning that included a warning that instant dismissal was next if any repetition. My wife, ex senior teacher advised the police would be a waste of time and it wasn't anything like as serious as this. The teacher was lucky as my initial reaction was to invite her to try and hit me with the ruler, regardless of the consequences for both of us. Whilst I never condone violence I understand that reaction from any parent whose child is assaulted. Most calm down in the knowledge there are procedures to deal with such assaults. This mum has followed the procedure now we shall see if the police bother to do their duty.

my step-daughter has never been whacked once in her life b4 and she is the most sensible girl. She works hard and get good results top 10 in her level in school. She helps out in my business every saturday and during her school holidays.

Kids don't need the cane. Just spend time with them and reason out everything with them. That is more than enough.

I dont understand why would the parents just make a complaint? I would beat the crap out of him if it was my child. There would be no complaint lodged just him and me in an empty classroom. What is wrong with these parents to stand by and make just a complaint. They are responsible for protecting their children not standing by and whimpering.

It's amazing what you can find on YouTube if you search in Thai. My wife is Thai and brought up dozens of videos of teachers hitting students on Youtube when I said I didn't believe this was common place. It's Thai culture, I don't see why some cases become a big deal while there are hundred of videos online already.

A teacher who appears to enjoy hitting small boys on the bottom?

Hmm...

On another point, the picture used in this story is somewhat unnecessary.

Really? I thought the photo was pretty powerful testimony of the brutality of the teacher...show this photo to a reasonable judge, and the teacher would be jailed immediately...

Kids should not be whacked for any reason.

Violence is not necessary for discipline.

Children should never be hot for any reason and certainly not in school.

If a parent can't control a child then they are the ones at fault in all cases...

Also I seem to recall it being illegal to hit children or is that not the case in Thai schools?

A teacher who appears to enjoy hitting small boys on the bottom?

Hmm...

On another point, the picture used in this story is somewhat unnecessary.

Really? I thought the photo was pretty powerful testimony of the brutality of the teacher...show this photo to a reasonable judge, and the teacher would be jailed immediately...

I have no problem with a judge seeing it as part of the prosecution of this man, however I do not see the need for it be used in the media coverage of the case.

Archived