Thaicupid vs Vietnam cupid vs Philipinocupid

2road

Hi

out of curiosity i subscribed to all 3 dating sites as im looking for a long term relationship in either thailand,

vietnam and the philippines

after detailing and posting the same ecact profile on all 3 sites (im 43, average good looking) i received a lot of messages on both vietcupid and philipinocupid but none on the thai one,

this looks really strange to me,

does anyone have any idea why it looks like in thailand there is a lot less interest on meeting a farang online?

thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mention you just arrived in thai, first time, and want to fly to chiang mai or phuket, you are on cupid for this.

then the onus is on the girl to impress you. she doesn't want to mess it up.

again, thais are much more enthusiastic about meeting newbies with cash. soft target.

I'm totally guessing here but,

Thai girls are looking to live a lazy life in Thailand, so foreign partners need to be rich or retired.

Filipino girls are happy to live anywhere in the world and contribute to the family income.

I think it comes down to cultural work ethics.

Edited by MissAndry

i dont think thai ladies are lazy. i see some of them work really hard.

is it maybe that they dont trust farangs?

or maybe they dont want a serious relationship because

most of them come to thailand just to enjoy the moment then go back?

im just guessing here.

philipinocupid : 35 msg 40 views

vietcupid: 29 msg 50 views

thaicupid: 2 msg 19 views

Thai girls are looking to live a lazy life in Thailand, so foreign partners need to be rich or retired.

Filipino girls are happy to live anywhere in the world and contribute to the family income.

Thai women are lazy? Cultural work ethics? You don't get out enough. From what I've seen Thai women carry this country

Edited by NumbNut

Thai women are lazy? Cultural work ethics? You don't get out enough. From what I've seen Thai women carry this country

That is indeed the case....In another thread it was indicated that 27 Thai women work for each man that works.....Even if it was 27 - 15 the women would far out produce the men.....

Thai women (real - not sexual

service providers) are guarded & cautious.....Filipina's are by & large desperate to improve their lot - Filipino men are even less inclined to work & are much more aggressive (towards their women & others than their Thai cousins) sabai sabai does not exist there - but the women also carry that economy & are much more likely to leave their country to pursue monetary goals - which the country underwrites in many wholesale ways.....The amount of money flowing back to the PI is staggering - they are programmed that way from an early age.....

Vietnam I don't really know but have heard mostly negative & almost a bloodthirsty savage/cold calculated aggressiveness - no real time feedback or experience......

Dumb guess, my wife and I have lived in multiple countries and she has a very strong work ethic and is probably the least lazy person i know. M

Dumb guess, my wife and I have lived in multiple countries and she has a very strong work ethic and is probably the least lazy person i know. M

I'd second that....

There is nothing I've ever seen that would qualify my wife - or any female members in her/our family as lazy....Not once.....

If you look at Asian Cupid and International Cupid as well you will see that they are overrun with Filipinas and very few Thais. It seems that Filipinas are desperate to meet foreigners online.

However if you are in Thailand or visiting Thailand and you make proactive contact on Thai Cupid you will get a good response. Much to my surprise the Thai ladies i met online were almost invariably punctual when it came to a meeting and they were also very polite and well mannered. Be aware that many of the Thais (despite what they say on their profiles) will be lookng for some income from them dating you.

I should add that if you do not speak any Thai you may be surprised, and may struggle with, the lack of English speaking ability of some of those you meet. This potential problem will not arise with Filipinas.

Edited by rogeroc

Mate I would seriously consider where you might like to actually live first or are you going to make your decision based on the best response from a dating site? I may have misread you but this is half the problem of the digital world and peoples perception of Asian women in general. Why are you only looking for a long-term relationship in one of those countries? seem to be limiting yourself quite dramatically.

I'd second that....

There is nothing I've ever seen that would qualify my wife - or any female members in her/our family as lazy....Not once.....

Yes the Thai women carry the country, well said, but in (her/his) defense there is a lazy aspect to the culture, lazy is an acceptable excuse for not doing something sometimes. I have never seen this in any other country. Interesting thread.

Edited by peeba7

Thai working women are generally in families and have commitments and not enough time to go on dating sites. The gals in Tland on the sites are mainly gold diggers and hookers looking for a quick score with a benfactor.

Dance in a go go for 12 hours and after that try sleeping with a fat expat on top of you. Then you will have some idea of lazy Thai women. Or you could cut rice all day while your husband spends the rent money on moonshine and mia nois - that might give you some cultural awareness .tongue.png

Edited by Scotwight

Yes the Thai women carry the country, well said, but in (her/his) defense there is a lazy aspect to the culture, lazy is an acceptable excuse for not doing something sometimes. I have never seen this in any other country. Interesting thread.

I would agree with you, there not lazy they just have what i would call low productivity, how many times I've heard a thai woman say she stayed home all day...just to clean her room..thats about 30sq meters of a1 room apartment.

Walk into any store, department store, it doesn't take much to notice its hard work standing around bored for most of the day, most women who work in offices have time in the day to chat with you in line skype what ever as there working away.

As for no hits in Thailand, try a new site, Thai women less likely to make first contact.

I would agree with you, there not lazy they just have what i would call low productivity, how many times I've heard a thai woman say she stayed home all day...just to clean her room..thats about 30sq meters of a1 room apartment.

Walk into any store, department store, it doesn't take much to notice its hard work standing around bored for most of the day, most women who work in offices have time in the day to chat with you in line skype what ever as there working away.

As for no hits in Thailand, try a new site, Thai women less likely to make first contact.

Today was salary day and the malls and shopping centers were all buzzing with business. Department stores are the same the world over and the same companies pay the employees the world over. Chanel pays NYC workers to work at Macy's and Bangkok workers at Central. Most of the people you see are paid by international vendors and not the Thai department store and that's why they stand around. The profit is so high that the vendor wants them there just in case the customers come and the same thing at the Home Pro stores. Now why not talk about Thai rice farming ladies or som tom makers?

Re: the OP ~ If you have long-term money, then a long-term relationship, with an Asian female, is definitely do-able. Personally, I'm not into Asian women (too high-maintenance for my tastes), beyond the occasional tumble, up in the one-nite stand hayloft.

However, if you're just hooked into the typical western man's fantasy World of Suzie Wong dramas, then opt for a Filipina over-all, compared with the rest of SE Asia's available choices. At least there you'll find a woman (in Cebu, for example) with whom you can (at least) enjoy a meaningful conversation, beyond the typical Thai/VN 30-second, topic time-lined intervals.

Now, you can take leave of your senses, and go fall in love with an Asian woman, to your own definite peril. Or, you can learn how to "mentally" regard (not treat) an Asian woman, in the exact same, duplicated manner as do the Asian menfolk wai2.gif. Those blokes really do know how to handle their womenfolk,.......well. Remember the axiom: "When in Rome, etc.". Cheers, and good luck wai.gif

Edited by NativeSon360

i dont think thai ladies are lazy. i see some of them work really hard.

is it maybe that they dont trust farangs?

or maybe they dont want a serious relationship because

most of them come to thailand just to enjoy the moment then go back?

im just guessing here.

philipinocupid : 35 msg 40 views

vietcupid: 29 msg 50 views

thaicupid: 2 msg 19 views

Do you have any idea what you're getting into? Dating while living in Thailand is hard enough, but long distance relationships...that's what you're looking for? Good luck with that.

I have no idea what's in your profile, so I can't answer for sure. But what's obvious--based on your stats--is that Filipino and Vietnamese women are more desperate. And you find that appealing?

I really cannot comment on Vietnamese but i have noticed that Filipnas (probably desperation) are much more content to make the first approach. Thais much prefer for you to make the first move. I strongly agree with a previous Poster that deciding on the best of the 3 counries to live should be a much stronger priority than which girls.

i am still getting a lot of msg from phil cupid every hour,

i start to think that is about the use of internet and the language. both phil and viet can write in english but the majority of thai ladies , cant.

every lady in thailand has a smart phone and easy access to the web. and i think its free for a lady to join the dating sites.

i believe its the english the main reason why i almost receive almost no msg from thaicupid

Edited by 2road

I really cannot comment on Vietnamese but i have noticed that Filipnas (probably desperation) are much more content to make the first approach. Thais much prefer for you to make the first move. I strongly agree with a previous Poster that deciding on the best of the 3 counries to live should be a much stronger priority than which girls.

Thailand is the best for overall living circumstances. Thai womenfolk, in my opinion, are a total waste of time, effort and money. If the ASEAN agreement (similar to the EURO_ZONE ever gets off-the-ground, then the Filipinas, and Vietas will be snatching-up the western expats faster than a Thai-lass can say "up to you".

I stated earlier that I would opt for the Filipina overall, compared Thai or VN, but that was wrong. I'll opt for the Vietnamese overall, and for reasons that I care not to share on TVF