Re marry my ex wife?

ukmark67

Hypothetically, if I Were to re-marry my ex Thai wife (we were divorced at the Amphur last year) would I need to make another 'affirmation of freedom to marry' and have it translated and legislated by the ministry once more?

re-purchasing the cow?

Why does a guy buy a cow when he's getting free milk? You know, that old chestnut.

If you think of your wife as a cow and are only interested in the "milk" then that works - -

My "cow" speaks and has feelings and does a wonderful job raising kids and assisting with her family - - she is a nice, caring person... and I am sure part of the reason that we get along well is that I do not think of her as a farm animal.

I understand that this is not for everyone, just my quirky ways.

I don't have an opinion....but I recall seeing Dr Phil--the shrink--on Opra .

A guy asked, "I finished with my wife, now I'm having second thoughts.

What would you advise me do."

The ever smiling shrink said " The problems which caused you to move out, most likely developed over a long period, and it's also likely there was some discussion about those problems with her'

"My advice", sayeth Phil..."When you're OUT, stay OUT

Splitting is an absolute option of last resort, and the original problems having proven beyond resolution, are 99% certain to still be there"

Good Luck, whichever option you choose.

It's a minefield out there, the more so if all the usual (Thai/farang )relationship differences are in play.

After 8 years, her and I seem to have successfully navigated the rapids, but hey! nobody knows the future.

They ain't no written guarantees.

Moreover, the origin of the 2 people involved are not important...it's all about negotiating the white water.

Yes marry her again. Great idea. Have 3 kids, buy a new dog( big dog), buy her a car, and house ( of course).

Right after you come back from your month long honeymoon in EU( Not UK, of course) go to Nana and Soi Cowboy, and get a girl

that she also likes. Enjoy your life. Don't forget to invite her sister to the house one a week.

Even to think about it you want your head examining ! If you have sufficient capital or income , but want to cohabit again , that is another matter .

My advice to foreigners , if you can , have a retirement visa , it is a lot less bother for you at immigration and for the officers too .

With a retirement visa you are independent , you can simply cohabit , or if marriage is demanded , a simple ( non binding ) Thai marriage will keep everyone happy .

If things don't work out just pack your bags and leave , it doesn't affect your visa .

My grand'mom used to say: when you make a mistake you can call it "gaining experience". When you make the same mistake a second time it's called "increase of stupidity".

But you are pardonable, you never knew my grand'mom.

The man wants to re-marry. None of us know the background of the first divorce and therefore cannot begin to understand the situation.

Yes, there might be a bigger plan behind this that he intends to benefit from.

Fool me once.... you cant fool me again! cheesy.gif

I still like George Bushes version of that------

“There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

. I still go back & read some of his eloquent stuff........the amazing thing about that whole period was that the American people laugh out of office, someone who could not spell Potato ----then elected George twice.......

“One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures.”

----

“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

-------------------------

“There are cameras nowadays that have been developed to tell the difference between a squirrel and a bomb.”

I dont know were you both lived.But if you are serious about trying to make a second go of it,then move away,a long way away.Change her sim card..Change your sim card.

New numbers,new address,new neighbours,new beginning,new life.I wish you luck brother.

re-purchasing the cow?

Why does a guy buy a cow when he's getting free milk? You know, that old chestnut.

If you think of your wife as a cow and are only interested in the "milk" then that works - -

My "cow" speaks and has feelings and does a wonderful job raising kids and assisting with her family - - she is a nice, caring person... and I am sure part of the reason that we get along well is that I do not think of her as a farm animal.

I understand that this is not for everyone, just my quirky ways.

It was a little jokey.

Best of luck, really.

re-purchasing the cow?

Why does a guy buy a cow when he's getting free milk? You know, that old chestnut

To be cynical, it could have to do with the extension.

Referring to someone's wife as a cow to be purchased, even if the term comes up in an "old chestnut" says a lot about farang "mentality" ... to employ an expression often used to lump all Thais together under "Thai mentality."