What is the cheapest monthly accomodation in Bangkok?

2road

Hi,

I am looking for a budget hotel in Bangkok for a month stay.

I know some hotel will discount if you stay for one month.

Here in Pattaya there is , for example the "Sawadee Sunshine " hotel chain that offers monthly rates for 10k baht a month.

Is there any similar hotel in Bangkok with such a rate?

thank you

im looking around the main tourist area, kaosan or sukumvit,

the idea is to be near bars and disco where i can meet fellow tourists and local girls,

i mean a clean room with an aircon and a bathroom

i never been in apt, do i need to sign any lease, or give huge deposits to move in?

Do you guys use the Internet ?

http://www.thaiapartment.com/shorttermrental

Also...literally hundred of GuestHouses that would cost you less than 12K per month.

Again...what area do you want to stay in...BKK is big. ?

Yes i use the internet and i know of that website, even used one of the listed places for 3 months, there are not many around the 10,000 mark that are within reasonable distance to mrt or bts, mind you my reasonable is I'm happy to walk for 20 min.

The place i stayed at claimed a BTS station was close buy...well if you caught the bus to it i guess it wasn't far, turned out a MRT was within the 20 min walk....dont expect accuracy in there descriptions on that particular website i found out.

Many of the cheaper apartments are not easy to anything unless your ok with the bus system there.

Of course, if it's "the cheapest" you're looking for, as indicated in the subject heading, at one time a number of people were "accommodated" under the Phra Pinklao Bridge (including one or two falang that I knew of).

the idea is to be near bars and disco where i can meet fellow tourists and local girls,

i never been in apt, do i need to sign any lease, or give huge deposits to move in?

On Sukumvith 22 you may look at the Mix Bangkok Hotel.....close to the Emporium Mall. On Sukumvith 24 look ate the NINE Place.....close to Ekamai Bus Station. Both are cheap but clean accommodation on a good location and you may find them in booking.com They offers long term rental.

Kaosan is an expensive and dangerous location for long term rental.

Edited by Muzarella

On Sukumvith 22 you may look at the Mix Bangkok Hotel.....close to the Emporium Mall. On Sukumvith 24 look ate the NINE Place.....close to Ekamai Bus Station. Both are cheap but clean accommodation on a good location and you may find them in booking.com They offers long term rental.

Kaosan is an expensive and dangerous location for long term rental.

I am curious Muz, it is a few years since I have been to Khaosan what is dangerous about it now?

No cheapo long term accom either? Presumably they are busy enough with short stay.

There a really cheap one but its a bit outside of sukumvit. But not far, you just have to use the MRT for a few stations, i did that every day when i was living there and it really didnt bother me since its only a 10 minute trip to Sukumvit. Area is in Huay Kwang, the Hotel name is Palm Suites Hotel/Apartment and the monthly rate is 4500 Baht / Month or 700 baht per night.

The rooms are clean and everything is working as intended, you have aircon and TV and Balcony. There are very friendly staff, after 2 months there it was same like family. Everyone helps each other.

Edited by byteHunter

Do not just go by the price or how much you like the place, the first things I would be looking at would be the electric and water rates.

They can make a good rental price look reasonable until the end of the month. The government electric rate is around 4bt per unit, a hotel or

an apartment may charge you about double that.

Around the Khaosan area, you have banglampoo Place that have rooms with aircond, tv and cable, security safe, bathroom and small balcony. Bht15, 000 per month, one month deposit, cheap 8bht unit electric rate. 5 minute walk to Khaosan Road.

I'm currently staying at Juldis River Mansion, right on the river bank with spectacular views. A large room, 48sqm with kitchenette, 2 hotplates, microwave, tv with cable, fridge, wardrobe, buffet and large desk at Bht16,000 per month, one month deposit. Electricity at 7bht per unit. Swimming pool on site, 24 hour security. On Samsen Soi 3, and a 10 minute walk to Khaosan Road, located near the fort on Phra Arthit. Great location. If you're happy with a city view, only Bht14,000 per month.

The Sawasdee chain operates around KSR....nastiest hotel I have ever stayed at. Complete firetraps, dirty, rude staff....I would rather stay almost anywhere else in Thailand.

M&N Residence on Samsen Soi 5, have rooms with aircond at Bht6,500 and larger room with separate bedroom, sofa, small balcony and 2 aircond at Bht10,000 pm with one month deposit. 7 min walk to Khaosan Road. There are also some older dodgy places across Rama VIII Bridge, about 20 minutes from Khaosan area from Bht3,600 pm, one month deposit. You have to know where to look. The closer to Khaosan Rd, the prices sky-rocket and the room quality can also decline.

A hotel/guesthouse at a monthly rate usually includes water, elec and internet, sometimes room cleaned, linen and towels.

A condo rental by the month (cheaper) usually involves a deposit/month in advance, you pay for water, elec (at the condo rate of 7 baht a unit), internet, laundry. Often they want a 3 month minimum lease.

Staying for a month puts you somewhere in the middle.

M&N residence accept one month stay?

i cant sign for 2+ because I just dont know if I will go somwhere else.

If someone know a budget hotel for around 10k a month i d be very happy to know where is it