First Time Asked

After doing a thirty day arrival I went over to Phnom Penh for a week, came back in on another thirty day arrival card , however after thirty six years of going through Thai Immigration on various visa's depending on what I am doing , the first time I have ever been asked , how long am I going to stay in Thailand ,as I have been winding down everything here , I replied as Thailand has a Junta Government, I will not be here next Friday , the immigration girl nodded and stamped my Passport , my time with Thailand is now closed , however I thought it was worth a mention for any long termers out their........................................coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Had the same questions a few months ago when coming back from Japan - 'How long you stay this time ?'.

Told the I/O maybe 1-2 weeks, he didn't say another word and stamped 30 days VOA in my passport.

There is no 30 day VOA.

There is only 15 days and it costs 1,000 Baht to those that are entitled to apply for one.

Had the same questions a few months ago when coming back from Japan - 'How long you stay this time ?'.

Told the I/O maybe 1-2 weeks, he didn't say another word and stamped 30 days VOA in my passport.

There is no 30 day VOA.

There is only 15 days and it costs 1,000 Baht to those that are entitled to apply for one.

Presumably he was referring to a 30-day visa-EXEMPT entry stamp, which people often call a variety of other names.

chainarong

After doing a thirty day arrival I went over to Phnom Penh for a week, came back in on another thirty day arrival card , however after thirty six years of going through Thai Immigration on various visa's depending on what I am doing , the first time I have ever been asked , how long am I going to stay in Thailand ,as I have been winding down everything here , I replied as Thailand has a Junta Government, I will not be here next Friday , the immigration girl nodded and stamped my Passport , my time with Thailand is now closed , however I thought it was worth a mention for any long termers out their....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out there...

Glegolo

or: out of 'their' ...

What has changed affecting you personally to cause you to abandon the Kingdom.?

Do you not have family or friends here?

chainarong

After doing a thirty day arrival I went over to Phnom Penh for a week, came back in on another thirty day arrival card , however after thirty six years of going through Thai Immigration on various visa's depending on what I am doing , the first time I have ever been asked , how long am I going to stay in Thailand ,as I have been winding down everything here , I replied as Thailand has a Junta Government, I will not be here next Friday , the immigration girl nodded and stamped my Passport , my time with Thailand is now closed , however I thought it was worth a mention for any long termers out their....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out there...

Glegolo

That bloody Chines spell Checker agin

Edited by chainarong

What has changed affecting you personally to cause you to abandon the Kingdom.?

Do you not have family or friends here?

I am not abandon the Kingdom Evilbaz, just not spending as much time here, as I am in the mining industry and my home state has plenty of gold mine area's I will be concentrating on this in my aging years ,gold mining has been a part of my family for three generations and it was always my intention when planning our lives around this , the young fella has been inspirational and has a good business and the good part I am only six hours from BKK, we have all moved on since 1980 matured and everything has worked out fine ,including the Thai military staging a few Coups , that nice young lady of 1980 has moved on also and has married three times, we are all still close and have fine family and friends , I am luckier than most as we have the means to all travel to each country whenever we want . Thanks for your interest.thumbsup.gif

They are asking this qns more frequently now. Especially those young ladies from imm..wasn't asked like that from guys or women..I told the lady that I am meeting my gf and she replied to get a proper visa next time. I have been going to and fro between my home country and Thailand in a month apart for years and just recently this is happening.

• Like 1

am i missing the point here ? please could you elaborate further in not such a clandestine manner thanks

No clandestine ops, it just all fell into place, the immigration girl just happened to ask the question at the same time the son was changing my departure date and picking me up at swampy , , I generally use a twelve month ticket and adjust accordingly , the trip was only an hour, so I went cattle class over and back to Cambodia , I generally use Business class , maybe that is a reason why I have never been asked before , don't know , anyway Lamkyong I will be back every now and then , I have great confidence in the Thai people, but not much in their military

So an immigration officer asked you a question, especially an obvious one like how long you plan to stay? That's normal and part of their job. I've been asked questions for years and had no problems. I really don't see what the point of the OP is. He wasn't refused entry, he wasn't told to "get a visa".

Let's move onto a more worthy thread please...