Paradise Beach appeal palms off Patong demolition order

webfact

Paradise Beach appeal palms off Patong demolition order
Suthicha Sirirat

1467720743_1-org.jpg
Paradise Beach has staved off a demolition order issued by Patong Municipality for about 60 days, Patong Mayor Chlermluck said today. Photo: Suthicha Sirirat

PHUKET: -- The management of Paradise Beach Co Ltd has filed an appeal against a demolition order issued by Patong Municipality, giving the popular beach club venue a reprieve of about 60 days, Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup has confirmed.

The move follows officers from the Royal Thai Navy on May 23 posting an official ordering all buildings be removed from the site at Paradise Beach within 30 days – or face have them demolished by Patong Municipality.

“Paradise Beach management filed an appeal on June 9, but it arrived at my office on June 20, three days before the due date of the first notice that we posted at the site,” Mayor Chalermluck told The Phuket News today (July 5).

“After reviewing the appeal, I sent it to Provincial Hall on Monday (July 4) for an investigating committee to examine. The committee should get it by this Friday (July 8),” she said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/paradise-beach-appeal-palms-off-patong-demolition-order-58133.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-07-06

The "One Stop" local administration at it best.

June 9. Appeal submitted from Patong.

June 20. Appeal arrives in Pattong Mayors office.

July 4. Appeal sent to Provincial Hall.

July 8. Appeal expected to arrive at Provincial Hall

July 8 onwards. 60 day appeal process.

September 6ish. Appeal decision made. (Subject to variation).

September 6 onwards. The decision will then commence the arduous journey back to Patong.

October ish. 30 day demolition notice issued (or perhaps not).

November onwards. Appeal ad infinitum.

Let the games begin.

The arrogance of throwing this construction up was breathtaking. Screw these people.

They are one of the largest sponsor of the phuket news radio station

I suspect your post will get deleted

Why? Maybe on Phuket News forum, but Thai Visa forum should be ok.

The "One Stop" local administration at it best.

June 9. Appeal submitted from Patong.

June 20. Appeal arrives in Pattong Mayors office.

July 4. Appeal sent to Provincial Hall.

July 8. Appeal expected to arrive at Provincial Hall

July 8 onwards. 60 day appeal process.

September 6ish. Appeal decision made. (Subject to variation).

September 6 onwards. The decision will then commence the arduous journey back to Patong.

October ish. 30 day demolition notice issued (or perhaps not).

November onwards. Appeal ad infinitum.

Let the games begin.

It's AMAZING what backhander money can achieve ...

I rang Paddy Power and asked if they could supply the odds on Paradise having to really pull the gaff down... Mr PP said not on your Nelly pal, we will not be running a book on this one... whistling.gif

Sounds like the Mayor is facilitating this appeal all of a sudden, Hmm I wonder what could have changed since May...?

Edited by Lokie

Looks like a real warm and friendly place. Even looks like junior in the pink shirt checking on his enterprise.

I'm hearing rumours from some insiders that he is setting himself up for a run of the mayor job.

His structures won't be a problem then.

Looks like a real warm and friendly place. Even looks like junior in the pink shirt checking on his enterprise.

I'm hearing rumours from some insiders that he is setting himself up for a run of the mayor job.

I've been hearing the same rumor among Thai circles for quite some time now.

Just imagine: multiple hotels, resorts and guesthouses, multiple nightclubs, multiple restaurants, the Jungceylon transport monopoly, a string of shophouses, the taxi "association", a "beach club", a tour company, a beer distributorship and other businesses, all operating under the patronage of the mayor's office. It just boggles the mind.

Just imagine: multiple hotels, resorts and guesthouses, multiple nightclubs, multiple restaurants, the Jungceylon transport monopoly, a string of shophouses, the taxi "association", a "beach club", a tour company, a beer distributorship and other businesses, all operating under the patronage of the mayor's office. It just boggles the mind.

And don't forget the 'adult' entertainment spot just off Soi Namyen (approx 200 metres from Patong Police Station)

And don't forget the 'adult' entertainment spot just off Soi Namyen (approx 200 metres from Patong Police Station)

Interesting - I didn't know about that one.

Near the boxing stadium and defunct bungy jump, or the opposite direction from the police station?

Interesting - I didn't know about that one.

Near the boxing stadium and defunct bungy jump, or the opposite direction from the police station?

The opposite direction. Look out for bus loads of the 'quality tourists'.