Returning to Australia

Good afternoon all.

Just a quick question. I have been living in Thailand for 6 years with my o/a Visa.I am heading back for good in a few months.House sold here etc etc.Will continue to return here maybe once a year with a tourist Visa.I gather my o/a will be finished,no problem. Do i require to get a re entry permit before i leave.i think not but just checking..

Many thanks.

I assume you have been getting extension of stay at immigration not a OA visas from an embassy or consular for the past 6 years.

If you leave your extension will end on that day. You would only need a re-entry permit if you wanted to keep it valid.

OP as mentioned above....you have been staying here on annual 12 month permissions of stay? And have been attending immigration each time to renew.

Your OA expired some years ago.

If that's the case you will just leave and obtain an setv when you next wish to return for a visit.

Edited by jacksam

I assume you have been getting extension of stay at immigration not a OA visas from an embassy or consular for the past 6 years.

If you leave your extension will end on that day. You would only need a re-entry permit if you wanted to keep it valid.

Thank you to all who responded.yes I realised my extension of stay would expire.which it will be due in December.

I will obtain a tourist visa when I return for holls.

Many thanks.