So Many Things Wrong With Thaivisa.

NoshowJones

Right now I am having so many problems with Thaivisa'

I am having a debate right now and just cannot continue, my posts have come up in a different format, and it is not the first time.

Everytime I try to answer in this debate, words and sentences go haywire, and even disappear.

I have to keep on signing myself in.

I am really fed up with Thaivisa right now, and a few days ago, I wrote a long post then it disappeared before my very eyes.

I wonder if it is anything to do with the software.

What are you using? - PC, Phone/App, etc?

My XP PC is working well with Firefox... smile.png

I am using a PC. Windows 8.1, hardly ever use Firefox because even though I tick the box to stay signed in, I have to sign in every time without fail.

Almost like Thaivisa, when I have to keep signing in about 90% of the times.

I have now decided that when I reply to a post, if it changes the format again, I will not reply, instead I will apologise to the poster, and

just refuse to answer and explain why. I will just not tolerate words and sentences moving or disappearing in front of my eyes.

If it stays on the normal format, and not changing to the smaller letters with bigger spaces in between, that will be fine.

I have been on Thaivisa for at least five years with very little problems until recently. Someone must be to blame here probably a technician, as

what I have mentioned does not happen anywhere else.

Edited by possum1931

Hi Possum1931,

​We understand the frustration, believe me it is shared by us administrators that we are hitting problem after problem. We are planning to upgrade the forum to the latest version which has been stable for over 2 months now for the French and Russian forums.

​We will provide more information soon.

In the meantime please keep posting about errors its the only way we find out about them.

​TD

I have now decided that when I reply to a post, if it changes the format again, I will not reply, instead I will apologise to the poster, and

just refuse to answer and explain why. I will just not tolerate words and sentences moving or disappearing in front of my eyes.

What if that apology post also has formatting issues and changing words?

I'm a kind of guy who complains easily and loudly about issues on forums I participate into but at this time I have really no problem at all with TVF... weird.

Windows 7 / SRware Iron (a Chrome derivative)

Firefox deleting cookies automatically? OP you should check if you didn't activated private browsing mode or that under options cookies are deleted some where under browsing history. Or are you by any chance running ccleaner and you didn't WHITELIST the TV cookies ?

If all of that fails, create a new profile (start firefox with -P switch) and try again

I have logged in to Thaivisa on my Pc about 2-3 months ago and I never had to login once again.

Edited by MJCM

I am using a PC. Windows 8.1, hardly ever use Firefox because even though I tick the box to stay signed in, I have to sign in every time without fail.

If it stays on the normal format, and not changing to the smaller letters with bigger spaces in between, that will be fine.

I have been on Thaivisa for at least five years with very little problems until recently. Someone must be to blame here probably a technician, as

I guess technical details would be more helpful than ranting

i have noticed certain posts to appear not formatted to fit the page window. only some, but repeatedly.

header bar all good but all replies spread to where i have to use the horizontal scroll.

Could that be because of a large (extra large ;)) picture in one of the posts on that particular page ? Edited by MJCM

What if that apology post also has formatting issues and changing words?

I will still manage it and just have to put up with it, of course it will be harder.

I guess technical details would be more helpful than ranting

So I'm ranting am I. You are one of the very small minority of members that answers peoples post with nothing constructive to say.

So do us a favour and get back to hiding behind your keyboard.

Firefox deleting cookies automatically? OP you should check if you didn't activated private browsing mode or that under options cookies are deleted some where under browsing history. Or are you by any chance running ccleaner and you didn't WHITELIST the TV cookies ?

If all of that fails, create a new profile (start firefox with -P switch) and try again

I have logged in to Thaivisa on my Pc about 2-3 months ago and I never had to login once again.

I will take a look into that thanks. Nice to get someone who wants to help.

I will take a look into that thanks. Nice to get someone who wants to help.

No problem, any more questions let me know. I will be back behind a PC (so I can send screenshots and links) on Saturday. Now posting via iPad ;)

Hi Possum1931,

​We understand the frustration, believe me it is shared by us administrators that we are hitting problem after problem. We are planning to upgrade the forum to the latest version which has been stable for over 2 months now for the French and Russian forums.

In the meantime please keep posting about errors its the only way we find out about them.

​TD

OK. The change of format for answering posts has been OK today, lets hope it stays that way.

and thanks for your help.

Hi Possum1931,

​TD

I don't know where they got you, but they need to keep you.

So refreshing to get an acknowledgment that there is a problem, much less a little contrition for the inconvenience. It is appreciated.

BTW, this reply shows the formatting problems I've been having this week when quoting...

Edit: Chrome on Win10.

Edited by impulse

So I'm ranting am I. You are one of the very small minority of members that answers peoples post with nothing constructive to say.

ooh, it's me against all of you on the forum, because you speak for everybody, right?

there is strictly no useful information in your posts other than "it doesn't work".

and we don't even know if that is accurate, because the correct version of the above might be "it doesn't work as I expect/understand" because you might be using some aggressive antivirus, firewall, adblocker, browser toolbar or might be surfing in anonymous mode, do not track, private session, or your browser was hijacked by malware or on the contrary you might have set the security on "very high", which would block most cookies and much javascript...

the first thing you should try is using a different browser.

try firefox and chrome and tell us if the internet thingy is working as you expect if you use one of these using default settings. thanks.

Edited by manarak

ooh, it's me against all of you on the forum, because you speak for everybody, right?

there is strictly no useful information in your posts other than "it doesn't work".

and we don't even know if that is accurate, because the correct version of the above might be "it doesn't work as I expect/understand" because you might be using some aggressive antivirus, firewall, adblocker, browser toolbar or might be surfing in anonymous mode, do not track, private session, or your browser was hijacked by malware or on the contrary you might have set the security on "very high", which would block most cookies and much javascript...

the first thing you should try is using a different browser.

try firefox and chrome and tell us if the internet thingy is working as you expect if you use one of these using default settings. thanks.

I was advised to check my malware by a poster friend of mine through a PM.

I found my malware protection had run out, so I reinstalled it. I am also going to try out a different browser.

Also Chrome is the browser I always use at present.

Hi Possum1931,

​TD

I don't know where they got you, but they need to keep you.

So refreshing to get an acknowledgment that there is a problem, much less a little contrition for the inconvenience. It is appreciated.

BTW, this reply shows the formatting problems I've been having this week when quoting...

Edit: Chrome on Win10.

Regards the " ", Google is your friend: https://www.drupal.org/node/1388904

I used to see that a lot in the past on TV, but not so much recently.

I don't think I ever saw it in my own posts using Firefox on Windows XP.

Poss my ol' chum, I have no probs at all with TVF, but l do a lot of finding naughty stuff in my PC....Not saying virus or malware, just sorting stuff....smile.png

Naughty stuff Trans ??gigglem.gif

Edited by possum1931

Yeh he listens to Naughty Rugby Songs to sing at the Bar. My P.C is fine except foe altering page size now n then in Photo section.. Phone is on Shutdown on Visa Connect wise,have to upload to P.C to post or read anything and that means leaving the Beach,and talking to the Mrs.sad.png

I used to use the emo characters rolleyes.gif but I have noticed since I went to Windows 10 I am occasionally having formatting problems using them, especially at the beginning of a line.

So basically, I have given up with them sad.png

Although that appeared to work.

I still see the shockwave crashing and needing to be reloaded issue. I believe that this error is occurring for others, but they do not have the software that identifies the error, so are oblivious and believe it is something else.

I can't believe some people are still using XP. Support ended in April 2014 and continued use of the software is unsafe. No security fixes are being released. That puts one at risk for viruses, malware etc.

Install Slimjet browser, it's a more secure version of Google Chrome.

They've cut most of the bloat out.

Excellent tip, thanks.

Been using SRWare Iron (another Chrome fork) for years, but Slimjet seems superior. I've adopted it.