PRD holds seminar on production of anti-corruption news stories

webfact

KHON KAEN, 6 July 2016 (NNY) - The Public Relations Department (PRD) has organized a workshop on the production of anti-corruption news topics. for news agencies from 7 Provinces in the Northeastern region, in a bid to cultivate ethical media which, in turn, wins audience trust.

Deputy PRD Director-General Prawin Pattanapong chaired the opening ceremony of the workshop in Khon Kaen Province for members of the press from the provinces of Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Maha Sarakham, Nong Khai, Chayaphum, Kalasin and Nong Bua Lam Phu.

Mr Prawin expressed his hope that the workshop would help contribute to anti-corruption efforts and cultivate ethical journalism which will, in turn, benefit audiences.

Trainees will study the appropriate presentation of news stories pertaining to corruption matters as well as spend time acquiring knowledge of anti-corruption legislation. The workshop also featured talks from experts who shared first hand experience on news production.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-06 footer_n.gif

I am so happy in August I am leaving here for GOOD for eternity never to return.

I came to Thailand and ended living in a state worse than NORTH KOREA. Why worse? because I know what to have expected living in Nth Korea. Here I expected THAINESS and smiles.

Now its just HATE US ALL and extrapolate every baht you can and corruption on a scale that varies man to woman office to office. I loved this place and now - even reading this GARBAGE and horror I see why it has become the land of unhappiness and unfriendliness.

those of you stuck here unable to leave will still have your whining posts and be able to console yourselves with IT WAS ONCE. But facing reality, there is little to see happening within 5 years

And looking at the rubbish this mob puts out each day THIS STORY IS AN EXAMPLE, I can see nothing getting better worth sticking around for

PRAYUTH you have truly <deleted> this place!

I am so happy in August I am leaving here for GOOD for eternity never to return.

I came to Thailand and ended living in a state worse than NORTH KOREA. Why worse? because I know what to have expected living in Nth Korea. Here I expected THAINESS and smiles.

Now its just HATE US ALL and extrapolate every baht you can and corruption on a scale that varies man to woman office to office. I loved this place and now - even reading this GARBAGE and horror I see why it has become the land of unhappiness and unfriendliness.

those of you stuck here unable to leave will still have your whining posts and be able to console yourselves with IT WAS ONCE. But facing reality, there is little to see happening within 5 years

And looking at the rubbish this mob puts out each day THIS STORY IS AN EXAMPLE, I can see nothing getting better worth sticking around for

PRAYUTH you have truly <deleted> this place!

Enjoy your new life in Utopia wherever you find it. Judging by the thousands trying to get visas to live here one way or another,

I am wondering what part of Thailand you lived in to endure such horrors. In the pleasant part of this country in which I live with my family, I do not experience such visible hatred as you seem to have. Good luck wherever..

Total BS. People who identify government corruption are charged with defamation and other crimes, as well as the news organizations that report verifiable facts indicating corruption. That is not going to change under the junta.

I am so happy to live in Buriram.

See OP above, no problem with corruption here.

Also please see all reports regarding drought, floods, drug arrests, health issues, alien invasions, drunk drivers, train crashes, flesh eating zombies etc.

There are never any reports of government grants, education initiatives, healthcare developments, infrastructure developments etc.

If you can see this post please comment/like/quote anything, just let me know I and the others in this Province exist.

Edited by BigBadGeordie

"The Public Relations Department (PRD) has organized a workshop on the production of anti-corruption news topics."

All stories will be works of fiction and the best writers will be given permanent jobs at the National News Bureau of Thailand.

Edited by Hawk

In other words

"How to create an Utopia out of thin air":

Thailand will be free of corruption. And rape free. And no human trafficking at all. The police will do their job with care and competence. HiSo's and senior officials will be benevolent and altruistic persons of ethos. Monks will be actual monks.

But parks will still be double priced for farangs.

I can see that some of you actually do live in your own "Utopia" behind you Farang walls and glass houses in the middle of Nahon somewhere Thailand living like Ostriches with your head buried. Corruption IS rampant in Thailand you just chose to ignore it. Even Thais know how bad it is. But you good farang you no speak you pay top baht.

I am so happy to live in Buriram.

See OP above, no problem with corruption here.

Also please see all reports regarding drought, floods, drug arrests, health issues, alien invasions, drunk drivers, train crashes, flesh eating zombies etc.

There are never any reports of government grants, education initiatives, healthcare developments, infrastructure developments etc.

If you can see this post please comment/like/quote anything, just let me know I and the others in this Province exist.

Sorry I am unable to see your post. Where is it you live? Is that even IN Thailand?

On the one hand I can see how this can be considered a way to rein in the wild and crazy stories appearing in Thai media. An attempt at making sure that all reporters understand the consequences of their reports. That they remember that everyone is innocent until proved guilty. Even after, say, shooting somebody 6 times, stabbing them 9 or 10 times with a machete and then running the victim over in a luxury car, all actions are "alleged", no matter how many witnesses or CCTV films are available, until the authorities have amassed evidence for a trial.

One the other hand I see it as a way of reining in what little freedom of action the Thai media has, period.

On the third hand...