Hooters Waitress Wage

I don't really know what they make but I think they do very well. First off it is an American restaurant and many Americans go there. The normal tip in America is about 15%. The normal bill, mine anyways, is about 800 baht for some wings, fries and beer. 15% tip for 800 baht is 120 baht. I can't remember if they deduct an automatic 10% service but in any rate they would receive 10% to 15% of all bills. I have seen Hooters on Soi 4 packed more than once and it always has a dozen or more guys just sitting along the sidewalk bar. 50k I think is possible but not every month.

I doubt very much that the salary of a Hooters waitress would be 50k. That's Air Hostess territory. Perhaps in a good month, she might be able to make that with tips and salary.

It's way over the market, but it doesn't sound that unlikely to me. Look at it from the perspective of the American HQ planning the launch in Thailand. Paying the waitresses 1000 bucks a month over the market rate means you can hire and retain very attractive women, and avoid sliding into a scenario where the restaurant becomes a platform for after-hours prostitution. They want to titillate, but I don't think they want their global brand to be tarnished by prostitution. The cost-revenue picture would still easily be as good as in many other countries.

It's pure speculation, but it makes sense that they would pay well over the market.

The restaurant only pays the girls a normal salary. The workers receive the service fee plus tips. Most decent hotels and restaurants charge a 10% service fee which goes 100% the employees. Most of these employees make as much from service fees as they do from their normal pay, sometimes twice as much or more.

I doubt very much that the salary of a Hooters waitress would be 50k. That's Air Hostess territory. Perhaps in a good month, she might be able to make that with tips and salary.

It's way over the market, but it doesn't sound that unlikely to me. Look at it from the perspective of the American HQ planning the launch in Thailand. Paying the waitresses 1000 bucks a month over the market rate means you can hire and retain very attractive women, and avoid sliding into a scenario where the restaurant becomes a platform for after-hours prostitution. They want to titillate, but I don't think they want their global brand to be tarnished by prostitution. The cost-revenue picture would still easily be as good as in many other countries.

It's pure speculation, but it makes sense that they would pay well over the market.

The restaurant only pays the girls a normal salary. The workers receive the service fee plus tips. Most decent hotels and restaurants charge a 10% service fee which goes 100% the employees. Most of these employees make as much from service fees as they do from their normal pay, sometimes twice as much or more.

"Most decent hotels and restaurants charge a 10% service fee which goes 100% the employees."

Decent hotels and restaurants have service included in their prices. Most hotels and restaurants adding the 10% don't give that 10% to their employees.

anyone notice if the food is good ? ( or bad)

It's in Thai libel law speak...average.

That is a ringing endorsement by a poster whose opinion I value. smile.png We should organize a TV eating contest at Hooters on one of their all you can eat special days. Winner eats free.

Edited by anotheruser

Come on people, what's their income got to do with you, do you walk into a bar with a notice on your chest saying I earn xxxxx a month. Really is this worth discussing . Whatever they earn, good luck to them , if you're jealous then how sad you are ... Welcome to TV

Try googling what does a... basically any occupation make. You will see many people ask these sort of questions. I tried to google what is the IQ of a dipstick but nothing came up.

Haha laughable you must be using google designed for the under nines,

The grown up Google gave me this answer Dipstick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://en.wikipedia.org wiki Dipstick

A dipstick is one of several measurement devices. Some dipsticks are dipped into a liquid to perform a chemical test or to provide a measure of quantity of the liquid.

Sorry, but anotheruser has already owned you.

Establishments with staff that have big boobs in my opinion wins....thumbsup.gif

At least at the Suk Soi 15 location, they're really NOT that big... Nice...but not particularly big. Even by Thai standards.

It's all about padded bras, wonderbras, padded cups, etc.

It'd be good to hear some feedback about landing strips and brazilians.

Establishments with staff that have big boobs in my opinion wins....thumbsup.gif

At least at the Suk Soi 15 location, they're really NOT that big... Nice...but not particularly big. Even by Thai standards.

The bar towards Sukhumvit is far better fun.