Petchaburi gets its own Immigration Office

baansgr

For those living North of Hua Hin in Cha am to Petchaburi, Hua Hin Immigration now has a temporary mobile booth for Petchaburi residents, a new immigration office is to open in Ta Yang servicing Petchaburi

I totally agree patekatek

Anybody know Where can "we" the Farlang in the Ta Yang area call or check in with to verify this exciting information?

Contact Prachuap Immigration in Hua Hin, they will verify for you. Currently they are separating Petchaburi residents to a temporary booth in the current immigration office car park. Opening date of Ta Yang office to be confirmed..

Anybody know Where can "we" the Farlang in the Ta Yang area call or check in with to verify this exciting information?

Was at the temporary booth in HH last week.

So I had to go to Tha Yang Thursday and had a look.

The new Immigration Office will be on Phetkasem Road beside the bank (sorry forgot which one) but it is a few buildings north of the Honda motorbike and garden equipment shop shortly before the Tha Yang turnoff if heading north.

Was at the temporary booth in HH last week.

So I had to go to Tha Yang Thursday and had a look.

The new Immigration Office will be on Phetkasem Road beside the bank (sorry forgot which one) but it is a few buildings north of the Honda motorbike and garden equipment shop shortly before the Tha Yang turnoff if heading north.

That's a branch of the Siam Commercial Band a hundred meters or so past the very large GS Battery sign as you approach the lights heading north into Tha Yamg.

Must say that I never knew that Phetchaburi residents used Prachuap Khirikan Immigration Office so that should take some load off them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

does anyone know if it has been moved yet? I went to Hua Hin about a month ago and they told me when they were switching but.. I wasn't paying attention as in theory I didn't have to go see them for another 6 months and they would be moved by then.

well, things have changed and I have to go next week, not sure if it's still in hua hin or in tha yang now ;\

argh, annoyance

at the thai school she wants me to go to immigration and she said she had already "confirmed" that it was still in Hua Hin (maybe that little shack)

and now it's opened in Tha Yang?

they are not really willing to even attempt to check for me where I am even supposed to go but if I go there at like 8:30am and it's supposed to be in Tha Yang it's a waste of time and i'll get in Tha Yang quite late.

pain in the bum because this paperwork they give me from the school the first page is saying for hua hin (maybe tha yang) but from the little booth they called them last time said it had to be Phetchaburi immigration not prachuap.

with my luck it's exactly what is going to happen, I'll go to hua hin, get told to go to tha yang and then have the "wrong" paperwork.

edit: if someone could 100% confirm that the shack is closed in hua hin and operational in tha yang that could be useful,

from what I understand, I am waiting for paperwork from the Ministry of Education to be able to go "cancel" my education visa so I can go to Savannakhet next week and get my new year one.

first time i heard of such inane process but.. if that is the case and she gives me the wrong paperwork I won't be able to do that and she will need to reapply for a new set of paper (maybe just reprint the first page?).. the problem with this is that I have to leave the country before the 15th and it always takes a few business days to get those paper every time.

Edited by kekalot
added info to avoid double posting