No dancing before 6 PM!

JSixpack

Stopped by TQ today and all the girls were just sitting around. Server said the new rule is "no dancing before 6 pm" and the owners of the daytime go-gos were currently negotiating w/ The Authorities.

Support TQ, Nevada, Las Vegas II and III, Miami, and Far East Rock!

Could be the end of an era, but I hope not. If so, then for once I'll agree with our doomsayers and deathwatchers.

Before we assemble the mighty TVF Tea Money Chorus to chant the chants, I will opine that it seems the new city admin and their "cleanup" is much more likely at the root of this nonsense. A lot of money and *sanook was lost when the LK Metro go-gos were forced to close during the day just after the coup.

Maybe somebody who actually knows something about the situation will offer some inside info here.

Edited by JSixpack

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stopped using TQ when they changed the stage lights to the red spots

its just spoiled the hole feel of the place. coffee1.gif

No dancing before 6pm, what next for sin city. facepalm.gif

"its just spoiled the hole feel of the place."

Not sure if your word choice is a Freudian slip or an intentional play on words.

Somewhat surprised that this earthshaking news didn't generate more responses here at TV or any coverage on CNN and BBC.
Maybe somebody who actually knows something about the situation will offer some inside info here.

Again I'm confused. Is that irrational optimism or biting sarcasm?

Edited by Suradit69

I think the law is that no alcohol can be served before 6pm, which means that a daytime bar doesn't make much sense if the rules re enforced, and that may be on the cards with the new sherrif in town.

That would be odd. Why target just go go"s?

What does TQ mean? Please don't be lazy with your typing.

I believe it's a bar called Tahitian Queen (TQ) on Beach Road in Pattaya
Thanks, I just wish some posters will stop using initials unless for the obvious.

Sorry mate - you don't seem to know how ThaiVisa forums really operate.

This is a great source for opinion, sarcasm, criticism, and flame, but true facts are not normally much welcomed here.

My post being an excelent example of wasted space intended soley for my own amusement. I crack me up!

Who goes to an agogo before 6PM anyways? plus the only ones on stage be4 9pm are the lowest of the low qualitee ones..................hahahahahahaha

I prefer to have the choice of day or night or both. Each time frame can have its benefits—in the daytime you can take her outside for a good look and she has the option of staying with her sponsor or finding another later on. Even at night, the variety is better and your selection criteria is less encumbered early-on.

During the Vietnam holiday times when a military post had only a few places with working girls, the officers got the night time and the enlisted got the daytime. I guess some of the girls even washed-up before the night shift.

Who goes to an agogo before 6PM anyways? plus the only ones on stage be4 9pm are the lowest of the low qualitee ones..................hahahahahahaha

I prefer to have the choice of day or night or both. Each time frame can have its benefits—in the daytime you can take her outside for a good look and she has the option of staying with her sponsor or finding another later on. Even at night, the variety is better and your selection criteria is less encumbered early-on.

During the Vietnam holiday times when a military post had only a few places with working girls, the officers got the night time and the enlisted got the daytime. I guess some of the girls even washed-up before the night shift.

Evidently you was not there in Nam during the war.

The TQ is one of the oldest gogos in the area.The original owners also had the Mississippi Queen on Pat Pong One where some of the scenes of the movie "Apocalypse Now" was filmed in 1979.I remember that the movie company paid the stand ins 500 baht ($25) a day plus food,beer and babes..

The old Pattaya Administration no longer exists. The Army is in control and the Army wants to get rid of the GoGo business and as many spots that cater to underage workers, and foreign bar owners. Their plan is to keep restricting hours; dancing; and closing. Eventually the sexpats will head for greener pastures and the bar owners will disappear. Within 10 years most will be just a dream of the past. the goal of Pattaya is a place for Thais and their families as well as the Chinese. Neither need or want the current entertainment that exists. The people running this country are very conservative and want to improve Thailand's reputation in the World. This time the clean up is for real because even when there are elections the Army will still be looking over the shoulders of every local administration in every province.

The old Pattaya Administration no longer exists. The Army is in control and the Army wants to get rid of the GoGo business and as many spots that cater to underage workers, and foreign bar owners. Their plan is to keep restricting hours; dancing; and closing. Eventually the sexpats will head for greener pastures and the bar owners will disappear. Within 10 years most will be just a dream of the past. the goal of Pattaya is a place for Thais and their families as well as the Chinese. Neither need or want the current entertainment that exists. The people running this country are very conservative and want to improve Thailand's reputation in the World. This time the clean up is for real because even when there are elections the Army will still be looking over the shoulders of every local administration in every province.

Want to buy a bridge? I have one going cheap.

A Pattaya stalwart.Is TQ2 still going?I used to pop around there with Stoney for an hour or two.The US navy was in town and i never paid for a drink and a free singlet.

The TQ is one of the oldest gogos in the area.The original owners also had the Mississippi Queen on Pat Pong One where some of the scenes of the movie "Apocalypse Now" was filmed in 1979.I remember that the movie company paid the stand ins 500 baht ($25) a day plus food,beer and babes..

Mmm.popular place.Deerhunter filmed there as well.The happy hours where truly happy in 76,free beer for 2 hours.

". The people running this country are very conservative and want to improve Thailand's reputation in the World."

If they really cared about Thailand's reputation in the world they would resign immediately.

You answered your own question. You do, otherwise you wouldn't be able to judge the quality of the early dancers.

This is good news for me.Some of those lovely Issan lass's coming home to poppa.

Legislating morals. Damn I thought I left all the do-gooder, moral legislators behind in SE Texass. TQ has been around a long time and although not one of favorite places back in my years as a 1 month millionaire, it was ok to drop in for a beer or 3 in the afternoon. To all you moralistic TV do-gooders that like to stick your nose in business that is none of your, stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I came here 16 yrs. ago for the party and the women. While married for 8 yrs., I still like the party and the woman. I don't like people that think they are better than others. Keep your damn religion to yourself and don't impose your faux morals on others.

My comments based upon the future of Pattaya and its clean up are based upon my observations gleaned over 5 decades of coming and being in Thailand.There have been military governments before but this one is different and as I said much more conservative than the others . I never said I liked or disliked what was being done only that it existed.I have no comment on the morality or immorality of it all. I used to be a frequent customer of daytime GoGo's many years ago both in Pattaya and Bangkok. The entertainment industry in Thailand has become rather boring.Once you learn Thai and understand the system- the girls are boring as well. Much of it is due to poor management and greedy owners who think that continual price increases will make up for poor management. They haven't got the word- there is a new sheriff in town. They can do what they want but I know what I would do- take the best offer possible and get out or start to make plans to adapt to a changing regulatory climate and a changing customer base- neither of which includes GoGo bars. We can all wish for the good old days- but they are not coming back.

It is THE "historic landmark" of Pattaya beach road biggrin.png

Oldest GoGo bar at the fishing village.

Some years ago burned down and quickly rebuilt.

Edited by KhunBENQ

If you need to ask...

Nobody asked you...

If you need to ask...

Nobody asked you...

Well @Thaidream is right. The following is from another forum written by an insightful member in 2010.

"5 years from now, Pattaya will be a cheesy,useless tourist tinseltown with no real attraction or appeal, catering mainly to Indian, Russian and Chinese tourists that

dont know any better. Mongering will decline and except for some covert backstreet venues probably disappear. This is what the Thai government wants, its what the

Thai people want and its what the future markets are aiming for."

By the way I guess there are two categories of doomsdayers. Because it is not the Pattaya nightlife segment that I want to see in demise

I have to agree, sometimes a whole post can have three or four abreviations in caps. of course, so the uninitiated (like me) don't have clue what they're are on about, maybe i'm getting old!