Q: Marriage Extension Jomtien

I am currently on a retiremet Visa, but thinking about changing to marriage extension. Reason is that I have been offered a work possibility but the employer clearly tells me that it is easier for him and me if I am on marriage extension and do not have to get a non-imm B Visa beforehand.

Some detail questions about marriage extension:

1. can I get an updated marriage certificate (Khor ror 2) at any Amphoe or do I have to travel to the one where we got married?
  2. Does Jomtien require house visits or is it enough proof to have both blue book (wife) and yellow book (me) on the same address'
  3. Do I get the extension "immediately" (i.e. next day same as the retirement extension) or is there a "under consideration" time of one month as I did read in other threads?

Reason for the last question is that I have to re-apply my extension in December (currently on 17th) and plan to travel back home for Christmas. Would be a bit tricky as they would have my passport and I would not yet have a re-entry permit.

Thanks for any knowledgeable JOMTIEN input on that.

1. You get a Kor Ror 2 at any Amphoe.

2.They do house visits and may also want a witness when you do the application.

3. You will get a under consideration stamp in you passport with a report back date 30 days from when your application is accepted. They do not keep your passport.

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early. You could get a single re-entry permit for the 30 days shown on the under consideration stamp.

3. You will get a under consideration stamp in you passport with a report back date 30 days from when your application is accepted. They do not keep your passport.

You can apply for the extension up to 30 days early. You could get a single re-entry permit for the 30 days shown on the under consideration stamp.

Thank you, ubonjoe. Is the procedure with house visit / 30d consideration the same every year or only for the first marriage extension?

Thank you, ubonjoe. Is the procedure with house visit / 30d consideration the same every year or only for the first marriage extension?

Normally a house visit is only done for the first extension. The 30 day under consideration is done for every extension.