Penang - Multi O based on Being father of Thai child

Hi,

After reading recent posts about getting Multi Non O visa based on being parent of Thai child, from Penang embassy, I was hoping someone could help.

My current Multi Non O which I got from London last year is expiring soon and so will need new with Penang looking now the easiest and closest option.

If I go to Penang with 400k+ in Thai bank, all relevant docs (including court order showing me as father), would I be eligible for Multi O? My only concern is that recently some people have said Penang aren't initially giving multi-o on first attempt? Does this mean that if I haven't applied for Non-O before at Penang (even though I have Single + multi O from various other embassies) that regardless I will only receive a Single -O on my first attempt? I realise I can extend this at immigration etc but due to rotational work outside of Thailand this isn't practical and a multi - o is ideal.

Many Thanks for any help

The reports you refer to about the Penang consulate not issuing a multi Non O on first application seems to be accurate. I found it strange to say the least. That is what I was told by a reliable visa agent. I have no idea if your multi Non O from London would change the equation.

• Like 1

Not sure about them not doing a multiple entry non-o for the first application in Penang. There was a bit of confusion in the posts that said that was needed since they were done when they first changed the requirements form 100k baht in the bank to 400k baht.

Best to contact the consulate to confirm what they will do.

Whilst for marriage rather than child I did get a multiple non-O 2 week ago in Penang. 400k in bank, used an agent. This was in a new passport so the consulate couldn't know if this was my first multiple or not.

I think they have computers these days.

Whilst for marriage rather than child I did get a multiple non-O 2 week ago in Penang. 400k in bank, used an agent. This was in a new passport so the consulate couldn't know if this was my first multiple or not.

I think they have computers these days.

Consulates do not currently have access to (or use if they do) the Police/Immigration computer database, which contains one's complete in/out history.

Consulates might have their own records of visas issued, but given that getting a new passport resets the Tourist Visa count, it appears they do not keep (or do not use) such records.

• Like 1

I was there in april, had no problems, go early morning, then collect passport after 230pm the next day(they close for lunch) I had to show 100 000bht in thai bank and a copy of child's birth certificate, I thing the cost was the equivalent of about 8000bht but payable in Malaysian ringgits

i am in the same boat. non im O from my half thai kids, issued in nz. i heard i could go to laos to get my next O visa. i could use some info on this but i still have 7 months to my current visa runs out. was thinking about using a visa run company to do the trip.

Savannakhet was doing the multiple non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai if your child and their mother was with you when you applied. But I have received recent message from people that tried to get one and were only issued a single entry visa.

I was there in april, had no problems, go early morning, then collect passport after 230pm the next day(they close for lunch) I had to show 100 000bht in thai bank and a copy of child's birth certificate, I thing the cost was the equivalent of about 8000bht but payable in Malaysian ringgits

They are now wanting to see 400k baht now according to recent posts.

i am in the same boat. non im O from my half thai kids, issued in nz. i heard i could go to laos to get my next O visa. i could use some info on this but i still have 7 months to my current visa runs out. was thinking about using a visa run company to do the trip.

Savannakhet was doing the multiple non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai if your child and their mother was with you when you applied. But I have received recent message from people that tried to get one and were only issued a single entry visa.

does single entry mean 3 months? the one i get in nz is for a year. i have to do 90 boarder trips which is not a problem as i live near cambodia.

does single entry mean 3 months? the one i get in nz is for a year. i have to do 90 boarder trips which is not a problem as i live near cambodia.

A single entry visa only allows one 90 day entry and is valid for 3 months.

A single entry visa only allows one 90 day entry and is valid for 3 months.

alot of hassle to get a 3 month visa. wonder how many people do that. i generally go back to nz for xmas so that is the best option for 1 year visa for now. would just like local options if i go back to work here.

• 1 month later...

Just to update.....back from Penang and successfully got a multi-O (based on being parent).

Docs needed:  proof of >400k in bank, birth certificate (copy), copy of passport, copy of Thai G/Fs ID card (ensure she has signed this!), copy of child's house book, 2 x passport photos.

I also included a copy of Child's passport and a copy of court order proving I was the father though I don't think these were needed.

This was first time visiting Penang for visa though I had a multi-O from London previously that had just expired.

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I would like to go to Penang for to apply a Non Immingrant O Single entry based on Parent of Thai, I used to go

Savanakhet for about 2-3 years and got successfully Non Immigrant O Single Entry, I would like to visit Penang

so I have some questions, whats is docs needed  ? Is it same Savanakhet ? Have to stay one night in Penang (same savanakhet) ?

Thanks in advance for your advices