Tangle Gate: Bill Gates blast spurs B51 billion cleanup in Bangkok, but no action in Phuket

rooster59

In Bangkok Wasn't the idea of buring cables put forward some time ago? I believe at the time the idea was discounted as the uncountable unrecorded buried service pipes (& electrical cables) would make boring nigh impossible.

Edited by exbikey

Bill Gates should not have to tell the Thailand Officials they are not doing their job and Thailand has no Code Regarding such a waste of material and money. Thailand has never heard of "Line loss" of power or energy per additional meter or KM of wire and Transmission Cables ??

Is that a fact?

I totally disagree with you.

Bill Gates should not have to tell the Thailand Officials they are not doing their job and Thailand has no Code Regarding such a waste of material and money. Thailand has never heard of "Line loss" of power or energy per additional meter or KM of wire and Transmission Cables ??

Is that a fact?

I totally disagree with you.

I agree with the disagreement.

My observation of the numerous surge reduction loops, the progressive triangulation of district circuit distribution and the replacement of low current feed cables plus the requirementfor new building installations to include earthingas being a real attempt to upgrade with theadvantagemainlybeing a more reliable supply with loss reduction as well as an increased levelof consumer safety.

Somehow I doubt the Mr Gates opinion is truely any realistic cause for initiative other than an acknowledgent that in BKK and other urban areas the spaghetti above the streets has become an eyesore that is past the point of ignoring. In the newer developed areas of BKK it is obvious by the absence that undergrounding is already a facet of urban planning.

Typically so many of the commenters here expect a rapidly developing country to emulate the infrastructure of their own tired origins