person able to do some maintenance work

domdom

Hello

In a condo there is always some maintenance to do, a bit of paint, some electricity problem to fix, AC to change, tap water lickeage etc..

Would anyone know anybody doing this type of thing for a reasonable price, offering good quality

Thanks in advance

Have a nice sunday

Thanks.. We don't have.. Our condo is a small condo

Have a nice day.. How much does your handy man charge you per hour for small jobs (if you don't mind telling)

Have a nice day..

I think it's about 75/100B per hour payable to the front office (when the technician doesn't just pocket the cash and report nothing). I've never actually used them as I enjoy doing such things myself.

+1................thumbsup.gif

I live in a large condo and our maintenance personnel are available as a service to assist the coowners. Money is paid directly to the men and doesn't go to the front office or the association. It is up 2 u and I give one man 200 baht or 300 baht if the job requires two. Example, they installed a new kitchen faucet (300 baht).

Edited by ThaiBob

Yes, we used to do everything ourselves.. but getting older year after year.. Rates you give are really cheap.. Unfortunately we don't have this in our condo.. That's the reason why I am looking for someone, just to be ready in case we face a problem

Have a nice evening

I live in a large condo and our maintenance personnel are available as a service to assist the coowners. Money is paid directly to the men and doesn't go to the front office or the association. It is up 2 u and I give one man 200 baht or 300 baht if the job requires two. Example, they installed a new kitchen faucet (300 baht).

Given that a technician's monthly salary would probably be around 15,000B or so (that's maybe 600B per complete day) that tip seems very high, especially if the technicians are also being paid a salary.

If the technicians are salaried building employees then the payment should go into the building accounts anyway, to partially cover the cost of their salaries. If they are paid employees and the money doesnt go into the building accounts then it is just being stolen (which is exactly what happens in my building, and possibly explains why our technician drives a vehicle worth nearly 10 times his yearly salary). There is probably a general share-out with management at the end of the month too.

So much theft and dishonesty here, and so few people see it for what it is.

Given that a technician's monthly salary would probably be around 15,000B or so (that's maybe 600B per complete day) that tip seems very high, especially if the technicians are also being paid a salary.

If the technicians are salaried building employees then the payment should go into the building accounts anyway, to partially cover the cost of their salaries. If they are paid employees and the money doesnt go into the building accounts then it is just being stolen (which is exactly what happens in my building, and possibly explains why our technician drives a vehicle worth nearly 10 times his yearly salary). There is probably a general share-out with management at the end of the month too.

So much theft and dishonesty here, and so few people see it for what it is.

Our technicans are salaried, doing odd jobs for tips on their free time benefits both the residents and provides a perk for the employee. Our cleaning staff gets to go through the trash and sell the plastic and aluminum. Our security staff helps me unload my car with groceries or luggage and bring it to my unit. I tip them just like a porter. No set fee for these services, nothing goes to association as the committee views this as an employee perk. There are fees that do go to the association;when the technician pulls new cabling for a unit, when contractor does a build out and the common areas require daily cleaning, etc.

^^ In other buildings there is an official scale of charges and the income goes to the building. Given that the staff are being paid by the building to work for the building this seems entirely reasonable to me. In fact it seems like the only correct way to proceed though it doesnt surprise me in the slightest that in your building they prefer to pocket the money themselves.

Buildings do not exist for the benefit of staff and doubling or tripling your salary cant really be considered as a "perk".

^^ In other buildings there is an official scale of charges and the income goes to the building. Given that the staff are being paid by the building to work for the building this seems entirely reasonable to me. In fact it seems like the only correct way to proceed though it doesnt surprise me in the slightest that in your building they prefer to pocket the money themselves.

Buildings do not exist for the benefit of staff and doubling or tripling your salary cant really be considered as a "perk".

I see your point but frankly the available revenue is simply not worth it. Our building despite it's size has low occupancy and I would be surprised if the technician makes 500-1000 baht in tips. He does minor electrical (change a light bulb, breaker, light switch, etc) and plumbing work only (faucet, toilet repair, clogged drains), but no tiling, flooring or painting work. Rental agents here have their own staff to do repairs so there is not much opportunity to make a little extra and certainly not doubling or tripling their salary.

I see your point but frankly the available revenue is simply not worth it. Our building despite it's size has low occupancy and I would be surprised if the technician makes 500-1000 baht in tips. He does minor electrical (change a light bulb, breaker, light switch, etc) and plumbing work only (faucet, toilet repair, clogged drains), but no tiling, flooring or painting work. Rental agents here have their own staff to do repairs so there is not much opportunity to make a little extra and certainly not doubling or tripling their salary.

Fair enough. In my building I suspect that the technician takes home more than the manager!

Hello

Could we pls go back to the subject which is not how much and how you pay your handy man in your condo BUT ..

CAN ANYBODY RECOMEND A HANDY MAN OR COMPANY FOR SMALL MAINTENANCE JOB

Thank you

Have a nice day

Hello

Could we pls go back to the subject which is not how much and how you pay your handy man in your condo BUT ..

CAN ANYBODY RECOMEND A HANDY MAN OR COMPANY FOR SMALL MAINTENANCE JOB

Thank you

Have a nice day

I would ask your fellow coowners for recommendations, you are not the only resident in this situation. I would also ask members on your homeowners association committee.

Hello

Do you think I would ask on the forum if I could ask neighbours ??

No comitee in our condo (nobody wants to be a comitee member) so we only have a juristic manager..

45 condos only 2 occupied (another farang and us)..

I asked the other person and he told me he can't recomend anyone as he doesn't find for himself anyone giving a good service.

So, back to square one, can you recomend anyone..

Otherwise, will rebuy tools and finally begin again to do it myself as I used to do it abroad for years

Have a nice day

I sympathise with you trying to find a handyman. In the early days our village had a handyman on-site all the time, but after all the houses were sold he went to the next project. Since then it's just been word of mouth, asking neighbours etc, and rarely getting the same person twice, some good, some not so good. There's no yellow pages in Pattaya, so it does make life difficult to find the right person for the job.

Hello

Do you think I would ask on the forum if I could ask neighbours ??

No comitee in our condo (nobody wants to be a comitee member) so we only have a juristic manager..

45 condos only 2 occupied (another farang and us)..

I asked the other person and he told me he can't recomend anyone as he doesn't find for himself anyone giving a good service.

So, back to square one, can you recomend anyone..

Otherwise, will rebuy tools and finally begin again to do it myself as I used to do it abroad for years

Have a nice day

Nobody on site, no committee and I guess not even the developer has an idea. It sounds like your jobs are too small not even a contractor would touch them. The Homemart on Sukumvit going south had a bulletin board in their basement (Baan Chang) with pictures and contact information, so maybe that would be worth a look.

Hello

We are located in Najomtien (Soi 6), that means close to Prosecutor office, Najomtien Municipality and police..

As said, il is just to do some paint from time to time (very difficult to find somebody able to paint nicely here.. !!), come in case of electricity or plumbing problem...

We had till now a farang who used to do a rather good level job, but lately quality has dropped dramatically and last painting job, I have to redo everything being not acceptable.. reason why I am looking for somebody else.. Problem with farangs is they promise you a european standard job, and they have it done at european rates by thais or cambodian.. with local standards.. In this case I prefer to have a local person and manage her myself, which would lead to a better result (hopefully..!!)

Have a nice week end..

I'll send you a pm. Just referred this guy to another member and they reported back he was very good. Many in our village use him and all are happy. He's done commercial plumbing and electrical work for years. Very talented and very honest. No English. Hope that is ok!

Hello

Thanks a lot for your offer.. I already got a name thanks to a forum member.. but, never know in Thailand and being Buddha day holiday, I still didn't get in touch with the guy, so your contact would be welcome...

My problem is that our condo was totally refurbished 18 months ago, so, what we have to do are little maintenance jobs.. I don't know if your contact will be interested

Hae a nice day and thanks again

Problem with Forum member/people you do not know "recommedations" is that you do not know the reason for reccomendation..

Most of time the reason is that wifeś or somebodys uncle, brother etc needs money and people reccomend only because of that..

It would be nice if somebody would create "airbnb" style of webpage for services also..smile.png

Edited by thaitero

Problem with Forum member/people you do not know "recommedations" is that you do not know the reason for reccomendation..

Most of time the reason is that wifeś or somebodys uncle, brother etc needs money and people reccomend only because of that..

It would be nice if somebody would create "airbnb" style of webpage for services also..smile.png

The guy I recommend has been used by many, all happy. No relation, no kickbacks. Another member referred him to us. Just trying to help out.

Hello

I opened this post because I needed advice.. Craig was the first one to be really helpfull.. It spent some time sending me a PM with a lot of details, and by the way asking me to keep him posted and inform him if I was happy about the job done or not..

Every time I need some advice or recomendation, I ask on TV and EVERY SINGLE TIME, I got a quick helpfull answer... I am french but I don't get that type of "service" on french forums..

Eevry time I used TV members reco, I have been very happy with people I used.. So, it is more than OK for me..

And even if the person is uncle, brother or who ever, I don't care, as long as I get a good service..

Do you mean that if you have in your family a good worker you shouldn't recomend him ??

I know what you mean of course.. but people who receive the advice can then make their own opinion and anyway, which garantee do you have about one person you just meet through internet or classifieds in Home work or in newspapers..

For me, it is very good to get some TV's members advice..

Thanks again to people who spend time, trying to help

Have a nice day

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2016 at 10:48 AM, ozjockey said:

Try http://pattayahandyman.com, run by a couple of British expats. Importantly they can instantly understand you and they are very reasonable but obviously you can rely on their quality of work. I think they have a guarantee.

Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but ozjockey, do you have experience with these guys?  Or, of course, anybody else with experience with them?  I'm impressed at it being run by two farangs who say  they "work to UK/EU standards and we stand by, and guarantee our work," but  it'd be nice to hear third party reviews, and especially:  recommendations.