RTGS transcription

Kanga Japan

Dear Seligne2 and capo5,

Thank you for your information. The word does mean etc.

I was confused about how this should be written in the RTGS system, because Thai-language.com showed it as 'la', but thai2english showed it as 'lae-eun-eun' (even though this is not the RTGS spelling, it appears to be completely different from 'la'. Google translate shows a weird spelling, however the pronunciation is 'lae-eun-eun'. I am wondering why.

Thank you for your help.

Seligne is 100% correct. The symbol is pronounced ละ - LA, and the name of the symbol is ไปยาลใหญ่ - PAIYAN YAI.

Not sure exactly what thai2english is playing at, but láe-èun-èun (as they have) is almost certainly และอื่น ๆ - literally "and others". Note LA (ละ) is different from LAE (และ).

Seligne is 100% correct. The symbol is pronounced ละ - LA, and the name of the symbol is ไปยาลใหญ่ - PAIYAN YAI.

Not sure exactly what thai2english is playing at, but láe-èun-èun (as they have) is almost certainly และอื่น ๆ - literally "and others". Note LA (ละ) is different from LAE (และ).

Have และอื่น ๆ as OP's text in my textbook

As a short way to write it, no idea if its good or not but that's what wallen teaches, its only gone over once.