North Korea threatens tough response against US missile defence deployment

webfact

North Korea threatens tough response against US missile defence deployment

606x341_338232.jpg

SEOL: -- North Korea’s military has threatened to take what its called “ a physical response” to a move by the US and South Korea to deploy an advanced missile defence system.

The so called Terminal High Altitude Area Defence (THAAD) anti-missile system will be used to counter the threat from the north in the light of Pyongyang’s growing nuclear and ballistic missile capabilities.

The announcement is the latest move by the allies against the North which conducted its fourth nuclear test this year and launched a long-range rocket, resulting in tough new U.N. sanctions and a series of bilateral sanctions against it.

North Korea has called the planned deployment as “a declaration of war” and vowed a tough response.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-11

All N. Korea's war-mongering rhetoric is because they feel threatened. Is the US & S.Korea really so stupid not to understand this or are they deliberately goading them for their own machismo?

Stop threatening North Korea. Just leave those idiots alone and you won't hear a peep out of them.

{I am still available for the position of Secretary General of the UN - how is it nobody has been in touch?)

These annual rants keep Kim relevant to his cronies and people and unfortunately China has to calm him down as his train can go to Moscow or Beijing and Beijing is a closer ride.

USA sending their stuff there to South Korea is as usual not helping the situation....it like passing a gate with a crazy Rottweiler....while the owner is trying to get him to shut up, the guy standing at the gate is prodding him with a stick making the rottweiler salivate and go more crazy.

When he bites someone, they will blame the owner for not keeping him in check. damn idiots with their sticks

A very poor analogy, LC, because the gate is hardly closed and the owner is doing very little to control the Rottweiler.

Kimmy boy is shooting missiles at those with whom the US has defense treaties. If those countries want out of the treaty, I am pretty sure that the US is not going to kick up much of a fuss, until then, you might want to try a more restrictive tactic with your dog. Perhaps a wok?

A very poor analogy, LC, because the gate is hardly closed and the owner is doing very little to control the Rottweiler.

Kimmy boy is shooting missiles at those with whom the US has defense treaties. If those countries want out of the treaty, I am pretty sure that the US is not going to kick up much of a fuss, until then, you might want to try a more restrictive tactic with your dog. Perhaps a wok?

I wouldn't worry bout the Rottweiler, I'd say junior has been keeping it busy engaged in sexual relations.

Hes a strange little man from a strange family. The people of NK are long overdue to be freed from this tyrant.

he's shooting missiles into the ocean, you guys are practicing invading him ....so hardly and frankly a poor analogy when you guys keep prodding him...if you go away, perhaps the damn dog will settle in a corner and be contented licking himself all day....

he's shooting missiles into the ocean, you guys are practicing invading him ....so hardly and frankly a poor analogy when you guys keep prodding him...if you go away, perhaps the damn dog will settle in a corner and be contented licking himself all day....
Eventually LC, he will stop launching the missiles into the ocean and might start pointing them at your place.

Clearly KJU, is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, at what point do you thing he should be stopped or would you like to see his reign of terror increased to a few other Countries?

Edited by neverdie

in the light of Pyongyang’s growing nuclear and ballistic missile capabilities.

Before, it was always "they are missing this and that technology", "they don't have the high pressure compound necessary", " that missile was a dud and flopped into the sea".

Now, the tune has changed and NK has "grown capabilities"... setting the tone for what kind of dance?

America can not stop antagonising and provoking North Korea. They are acting like a school yard bully, they know that can mess about with them with little danger to themselves.

America has bombed far more countries that North Korea, no wonder they feel they have to defend themselves against the USA.

Eventually LC, he will stop launching the missiles into the ocean and might start pointing them at your place.

Clearly KJU, is a few sandwiches short of a picnic, at what point do you thing he should be stopped or would you like to see his reign of terror increased to a few other Countries?

what do you think china is doing loading his trains with LV bags and all sorts of cheeses he like to keep him and the generals happy ? Kim actually fancies popeyes when he was in Switzerland studying...perhaps the state of Louisiana can send him a restaurant and ,make him love USA a little more....or appoint Rodman the new ambassador ....

the thing is this area needs is calm, not more missiles....he fires in the ocean because he knows that is all he can do...while his army is not advanced, launching a human wall down the south would overwhelm everyone...think of a walking dead march...I don't think the south can manage such a huge influx of refugees and have enough kimchi.

When Vietnam went into a refugee mode in waves in the 70s...even the ASEAN countries like Singapore gave the boats money and packed them away and this is a true story in the Singapore military archives ....but that was in waves...imagine if mad kim releases the flood gates and releases a million a day during winter to the south ....where do you process them ? what will you offer them ?

Lotte hotel will open all their rooms for free ? It's easy to say again get rid of Kim....what's the long term plan ? Americans will go there and start factories ? What will Trump say to that ...it will take the jobs away from the Americans.....maybe make more missiles there ? I don't know what USA long term plans is ....hence it's better China is doing what they are doing now...just keeping them caged and happy.

Edited by LawrenceChee

These annual rants keep Kim relevant to his cronies and people and unfortunately China has to calm him down as his train can go to Moscow or Beijing and Beijing is a closer ride.

USA sending their stuff there to South Korea is as usual not helping the situation....it like passing a gate with a crazy Rottweiler....while the owner is trying to get him to shut up, the guy standing at the gate is prodding him with a stick making the rottweiler salivate and go more crazy.

When he bites someone, they will blame the owner for not keeping him in check. damn idiots with their sticks

Try reading up on The "UN police action" in Korea 1950-1953.then make a more informed statement.

No, he also shot a missile over Japan.

A missile that was in outer space at the time. This was after previously notifying the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of their intentions.

I wouldn't worry bout the Rottweiler, I'd say junior has been keeping it busy engaged in sexual relations.

Hes a strange little man from a strange family. The people of NK are long overdue to be freed from this tyrant.

After all, just look at how happy the Iraqis and Lybians are these days...

I couldn't agree more and I wasn't suggesting anything gov......

:D

A missile that was in outer space at the time. This was after previously notifying the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of their intentions.

But forgetting to ask the Japanese.

North Korea yesterday stirred up a strategic weapons storm in the Pacific by launching a new, long-range ballistic missile which overflew Japan before splashing down in the ocean.

Pyongyang's cry for world attention shattered the limits of Western tolerance when it emerged that the Daepodong-1 rocket passed without permission through Japanese airspace.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/1998/sep/01/northkorea

Edited by Credo

yeap will take 3 train loads of stuff to keep him calm...although my suggestion for the USA to leave this area has not really been heard......spoilt kids craves attention and the world is giving it to him now....you should try tuning one of the Tv channels and see the propaganda stuff...it's hilarious how they describe the current range North korea is in.

Satellites are not capable of carrying weapons.

The missiles that deliver the satellites into space are.

So it's all one way traffic, then: we can fly what we want over their airspace but it is an absolute outrage if they do the same.

Don't know why the press pays so much attention to this guy. That's all he wants. He's not going to do anything. Because he knows if he does, his country will be incinerated.

Paying so much attention to them provides reasons to stay in that area and perhaps a cover to have an 'accidental' pop at the Chinese into the bargain.

Switch the D.P.R.K. and Zimbabwe, then wait to hear about how Bob Mugabe is a demented megalomaniac hellbent on destroying the planet and who must be stopped at all costs...

Don't know why the press pays so much attention to this guy. That's all he wants. He's not going to do anything. Because he knows if he does, his country will be incinerated.

Paying so much attention to them provides reasons to stay in that area and perhaps a cover to have an 'accidental' pop at the Chinese into the bargain.

Switch the D.P.R.K. and Zimbabwe, then wait to hear about how Bob Mugabe is a demented megalomaniac hellbent on destroying the planet and who must be stopped at all costs...

I didn't mean ignore them, but we shouldn't lavish attention on them as if they were a legitimate world power. I'm not concerned regarding security because the US Gov has got a pretty good handle on what N. Korea is doing. The US military has more than enough resources in the region that could deal with N. Korea pretty quickly and decisively, if need be.