Spaniard accused of dismembering associate pleads not guilty

webfact

Spaniard accused of dismembering associate pleads not guilty
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

aaa.jpg
Artur Segarra, 37, is brought from Bangkok Remand Prison to the Criminal Court on Monday morning where he denied all charges involving the murder of, David Bernat. Both men are Spanish nationals.

BANGKOK — The trial of a Spanish man accused of murdering and brutally dismembering another Spaniard in Bangkok will go forward after he plead not guilty to all charges in court Monday.

Artur Segarra, 37, was brought from Bangkok Remand Prison to the Criminal Court where he entered his plea after formally hearing charges including premeditated murder stemming from the death of fellow countryman David Bernat, 39, whose body parts were found in the Chao Phraya river in January.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/crime-crime/2016/07/11/spaniard-accused-dismembering-associate-pleads-not-guilty/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-11

'I didn't know him'!? Yeah, but you cut him into bits and pieces (as DNA evidence proves), might make it worse for you when you did so without even knowing him... On another hand, knowing about the world of 'fantasy' many Thai criminal suspects swim in, backed by fancy attorneys et al, he might be on the right track... Seeing the number of cases which have gone straight in the gutter because of 'inconclusive evidence' (like pictures from several CCTV cams) and/or contradiction or withdrawing of testimonies by (up to over 100) eyewitnesses, one can shoot dead a moonlighting Sr Sgt Maj at point blank range here (or hit-and-run one to death while speeding on Sukhi, high and drunk, in your Ferrari, as a matter of fact)! So, my guess is it will depend on how well this Spaniard is 'connected', and how much big money he can throw into the balance. As this is, alas, what the pantomime 'Justice' is in la-la-land...!

Artur Segarra Princep Pleads Not Guilty to Murdering Fellow Spaniard Daivid Bernat in Bangkok

BANGKOK – Artur Segarra Princep charged with murdering David Bernat has pleaded not guilty at Bangkok’s Ratchadapisek Criminal Court.

Princep denied all charges and said he did not know Bernat, but admitted to staying in the condominium where the murder allegedly took place.

Thai Prosecutors have indicted the 37-year-old on charges of premeditated murder, kidnapping, concealing a body, torture and theft.

Mr Segarra is accused of stealing 734,940 baht from David Bernat, and using an angle grinder to dismember Bernat’s frozen corpse and dumped the body parts in black plastic bags at several locations along the Chao Phraya River.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/artur-segarra-princep-pleads-not-guilty-to-murdering-fellow-spaniard-daivid-bernat-in-bangkok.html

crt.png
-- Chiang Rai Times 2016-07-12

Same i said befor thai people don' t know that the Citizen of these land can kill you for 1 Dollars . So be carefull Spanien Portugal( now is well writen) and all Ex Communist Land

Citizens of any county who hold life for no value can kill anyone for 1 dollar !!

Same i said befor thai people don' t know that the Citizen of these land can kill you for 1 Dollars . So be carefull Spanien Portugal( now is well writen) and all Ex Communist Land

Citizens of any county who hold life for no value can kill anyone for 1 dollar !!

Thanks for translation, I was a bit lost reading Siam122's statement

INNOCENT,

running away, sure signs of

something not right,

May you get your just deserts

Good you are not a judge. I can imagine innocent people panicking and running when they face being charged with a serious crime they did not do in a country like this.

Good I am not a judge either because I would rule this guy instantly guilty based on his tattoos.

Edited by Roel

Not guilty plea, Oh that will put the prosecutors in a quandary,

do we have enough hard evidence and was it collected properly,

regards Worgeordie

With a court appointed lawyer and 95 witnesses (obviously not eye witnesses) this guy is already cooked.

Evidence, ha! not necessary.

...do they even have any evidence....

...or is it simply a case of 'we must pin it on a foreigner so we don't ruin the image of the country'....

...elaborate crime can only be committed by locals....

...very difficult for 'visible minorities'.....

...especially with such prejudice against them from the get-go......

I thought it said "look out Spanish and Portuguese and all communists, the locals are coming to kill you and they have been paid a dollar"

Not guilty plea, Oh that will put the prosecutors in a quandary,

do we have enough hard evidence and was it collected properly,

regards Worgeordie

Can't recall.... But maybe they didn't find the poor chaps dismembered hand to provide the "beyond reasonable doubt" finger pointing evidence.

I thought it said "look out Spanish and Portuguese and all communists, the locals are coming to kill you and they have been paid a dollar"

No, no, no. You got it all wrong. It's warning the locals that Portuguese, Spanish and former communists have been contracted to kill them [the locals] for a dollar.

I just can't figure out if it's a dollar a head or a dollar for the lot...

Maybe somebody else can clear that up?

I suggest you understand English before you try to write a comment using it. also what you attempt to say is from the mind of a Thai. in other words mostly empty!