Offensive Avator

Cigarette Burn

That raises an interesting point.

What if someone chooses to have an avatar depicting Allah shagging a camel, the Pope bashing the bishop or a bunch of ragheads p1ssing over the israeli flag. OK, you'd probably ban these as being offensive but where is the line?

This avator doesn't bother me I'm British but not English she's an English queen, and a German one at that, but I can see some people getting p1ssed off about it.

On the other hand this is supposed to be a light hearted forum, most of the time, and a little bit of lively repartee brightens the day.

Oh well, as they say "Up 2 U".

So Queen Elizabeth is not your queen? If you are British then she is - Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

You said "and a German one at that"! When did Germany become a monarchy? If you are referring to her lineage - check your history. Her grandparents were all British although her maternal grandfather was German but became naturalised. How far back do you want to go?

Edited by gpt

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

I hate to join the anal crowd here but if you're going to defend the monarchy at least get the numbers right.

Elizabeth the First by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

I hate to join the anal crowd here but if you're going to defend the monarchy at least get the numbers right.

Elizabeth the First by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

The present monarch is indeed Elizabeth II, Queen Elizabeth ! died in 1603

Edited by gpt

If she's Elizabeth the first, then she's over 500 hundred years old!

Technically she is Liz the 1st of the UK. Queen Elizabeth the First was Queen when Scotland was a seperate nation.

She ascended the English throne when her father Henry the eighth died. Her sister Mary was queen of Scotland.

queen elizabeth ????

i thought it was princess anne.

She's got a face like a horse.

She ascended the English throne when her father Henry the eighth died. Her sister Mary was queen of Scotland.

Don't get me started on what the English did to Scotland.

I never understand why King's (of England) choose ugly queens.

Edited by Neeranam

Respect for the monarchy, as emblemised in the Thai flag is a basic underpinning of Thai society. At the same time, freedom of expression is one of the basic principals of what Britain is supposed to be about. Not allowing a parody using the union jack should be taken as offensive, not the other way around. The two cannot be judged on the same level as they were different to begin with.

I look and see a monkey dressed in pearls. If the OP sees Queen Elizabeth, perhaps he should be re-evaluating his opinion of her, not fourbaht's.

Mary Queen of Scots was the cousin of the english queen Elizabeth.

The United Kingdom did not officially exist until the act of union in 1703. All kings and queens prior that are referenced to their own countries, although James VI/I is generally refered to as James I.

Hope this clears things up.

Technically she is Liz the 1st of the UK. Queen Elizabeth the First was Queen when Scotland was a seperate nation.

Her primary title is HM Queen Elizabeth II. By your method of calculating the monarch should have a new post-regnal number every time that he/she acquires/loses a title

Edited by gpt

Respect for the monarchy, as emblemised in the Thai flag is a basic underpinning of Thai society. At the same time, freedom of expression is one of the basic principals of what Britain is supposed to be about. Not allowing a parody using the union jack should be taken as offensive, not the other way around. The two cannot be judged on the same level as they were different to begin with.

I look and see a monkey dressed in pearls. If the OP sees Queen Elizabeth, perhaps he should be re-evaluating his opinion of her, not fourbaht's.

Well said.

Her primary title is HM Queen Elizabeth II. By your method of calculating the monarch should have a new post-regnal number every time that he/she acquires/loses a title

What about "James the Sixth of Scotland and First of Britain" and "James the Seventh of Scotland and Second of Britain"?

I would say that sort of sets a precedent, doesn't it?

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

Henry VIII (reigned 1509 - 1547)

Edward VI (1547 - 1553, son of Henry VIII and 3rd wife Jane Seymour)

Mary I (1553 - 1558, daughter of Henry VIII and 1st wife Catherine of Aragon)

Elizabeth I (1558 - 1601, daughter of Henry VIII and 2nd wife Anne Boleyn)

The only thing I find offensive is that she is also queen of Australia. :D

Well....you guys voted to keep it that way.

Not really, it was a con job by our monarchist prime minister worthy of a Nigerian scammer.

The people were not allowed to vote yes or no for a republic, it was muddied by unacceptable conditions placed on the yes side. :o