The "Black" box add on TV

elgordo38

I must be dense but apart from a bunch of posts relating to the Egyptair plane crash, I can only find a locked thread dating from April. It's quite clear from what's in there that this thing is very much from grey area if not worse.

Is this what you're referring to?

Hey guys I typed in Black Box media center and here is what I got its there. Thats all there was

Watch the Olympics, Premier League and all the latest Movies/TV ...

Purchase a Black Box multimedia centre and watch unlimited Movies including the latest Box Office hits, binge watch TV Series and with ...

www.thaivisa.com/.../931768-watch-the-olympics-premier-league-and-all-the -latest-moviestv-free-with-black-box-tv/

Posted yesterday

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/931768-watch-the-olympics-premier-league-and-all-the-latest-moviestv-free-with-black-box-tv/

Seems strange to lock the topic when potential customers may have questions before purchasing.

There is a Buy It Now link that redirects to http://myblackbox.tv with more information.

Probably they forgot to delete the whole thread, since I thought there was a forum rule that prohibited to promote illegal products.

And yes the Black Box is illegal since it is loaded with software that allows there users to view content, which requires a subscription, for free.

https://www.entertainmentbox.com/is-kodi-legal-kodi-boxes-illegal/

Is Selling fully loaded Kodi Boxes illegal? you can not!

Selling fully loaded Kodi boxes is illegal in the EU. It is illegal to modify set-top boxes to receive digital TV subscription channels for free.

Selling devices which bypass subscription services, to access pay-to-view TV, including movies and sports is against the law.

So by installing Kodi addons or apps that allow others to be able to watch content out of the box without any prior configuration before you sell them is a no-no. You can not walk into Tesco and buy a box that allows you to watch free Sky TV or the latest blockbuster release.

Kodi addons and apps should be left to the end user to install. It’s not like there are not websites that show you how to install Kodi addons.

Edited by Berty100

Posted yesterday

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/931768-watch-the-olympics-premier-league-and-all-the-latest-moviestv-free-with-black-box-tv/

Seems strange to lock the topic when potential customers may have questions before purchasing.

There is a Buy It Now link that redirects to http://myblackbox.tv with more information.

Probably they forgot to delete the whole thread, since I thought there was a forum rule that prohibited to promote illegal products.

The topic was opened by Thaivisa Sales, Marketing and locked by them too, nobody has tried to delete the thread.

Posted yesterday

The topic was opened by Thaivisa Sales, Marketing and locked by them too, nobody has tried to delete the thread.

But to comply with their own forum rules it SHOULD be deleted.

Posted yesterday

They own the forum they can do as they please.

Selling fully loaded Kodi boxes is illegal in the EU.

Thailand is in the EU now?

I guess the market for them has really taken off in the UK in the last week. biggrin.png

I agree, it is very odd of TV to promote something and then lock it so no-one can discuss it. I was going to start a thread myself but I was beaten to it.

It looks like a very good service, similar to several others like IPTV and ilikehd. I sent them an email asking if the box they sell, at 125 pounds (less the TV discount I assume) is wifi enabled as the main tv I will use it with is in a different room to my router. It is, which is not the case with the boxes that IPTV sell which need a wifi adapter. With that adapter it is still cheaper that the Black Box option though.

A difference with ilikehd and IPTV is that they sell a monthly subscription, in IPTV's case on top of the one-off sale of the box. Black Box is a one-off payment for the box only, and then there is no subscription.

With it looking increasingly unlikely that Thailand will have Premier League football available (one month to go and still nothing offered by anyone), this might be the only way to go. As well as the BT and Sky Sports channels, IPTV has all the Bein channels including Channel 11, which I believe is their English language channel and might therefore be showing the 24-hour EPL stuff produced only for a non-UK audience. That's the one with Alan Curbishly and Andy Townsend and John Dykes spouting their stuff on Football Today during the week as well as at weekends. Black Box do not list ANY channels, and just says they have thousands including the EPL 2016/7 season matches. I plan to ask them if they have the Bein channels, although I did manage to watch Football Today etc while I was in Singapore on Astro or similar, which are probably included in the Black Box selection.

ilikehd has been very erratic of late and I have had buffering, non-synched voice and picture and 'stream not available' messages which I've had to write to them about. They've told me to change the server used (A, B, C etc) which sometimes fixes it for a while, but it's become a daily hassle. I have a decent, 15, speed, which is far in excess of the minimum requirement, so that isn't the problem.

As for its legality, the BlackBox Q&A says it is (like the other, similar, setups). I guess it's a grey area which might someday, somehow be stopped, but there is no sign of that happening at present.

To conclude, it will be interesting to read of others experiences and thoughts. As for whether the EPL will be shown in Thailand, there are plenty of 'I heard' or 'I was told' elsewhere on TV with many contradicting comments. So unless anyone knows something for sure, let's not go down that road again. It seems to be a dead end.

If Black box is just a customized Kodi build then I wouldn't bank on it to get sustainable live sports. It will still be the greatest TV and Movie veiwing experience you ever had but your ability to get live sports won't match a pay service. Kodi revolutionizes your tv and movie viewing experience, so buying a box is worth it but the live sports capabilities of Kodi aren't there yet unless you are a Kodi wizard or you pay for additional services that make getting live sports via Kodi easier.

They own the forum they can do as they please.

You mean as, one rule for us and another rule for others? You should wipe that nose of yours, there sticks some brown stuff to it.

Selling fully loaded Kodi boxes is illegal in the EU.

Thailand is in the EU now?

I guess the market for them has really taken off in the UK in the last week. biggrin.png

I don't think so, because only 2 days ago a bunch of them was arrested in the UK.

And Now Thailand is not in the EU, but that law applies worldwide. It's called intellectual property rights. smile.png

Beware of these scammers from Phuket selling boxes with here today gone tomorrow programming, remember the guy from Phuket a few years back selling IPTV and satellite boxes, biggest conman in Thailand.

You can download KODI on your PC and set it up any way you want...you do not need an Android "Black Box" This is from my own personal experience. I originally bought an Android box but could not get it to work with any consistency. Later, on advice from a friend, I tried downloading Kodi on my laptop and it functions much better...not 100% of the time but certainly enough to make it worthwhile.

There is most definitely a learning curve for using it and finding shows and movies is a multi step process but once you get the hang of it, it's not bad.

As another mentioned, there are many instructional videos on You Tube that will walk you through the set-up.

Blackbox is rubbish. DIY.

Would you care to elaborate?

Because the box is a CS918, which have low quality components and can be had on Ebay for about $40, and run on Android 4.2 which will become redundant as soon as Kodi 17 is released as it requires Android 5.1.

I have a couple of Android boxes. Both came with 4.2 Android and I was able to update via the factory website.

Update to what?

Stable Kodi 17 isn't available yet, when it becomes available a Android 4.2 box will not be able to install it, and a few months later addon developers will stop supporting Kodi 16 same as most of them since several months don't support Kodi 15.2.

At that point your box will become a paper weight.

I think last update was 5.0 lollipop.

The Android box maker puts the latest version on there website and the box phones home and gets it.

Are you saying 5.1 won't be available?

The Android box maker puts the latest version on there website and the box phones home and gets it.

Maybe you could specify which boxes you actually have, because as far as I know the Amlogic cpu's used in boxes more than 6 months old don't even support Android 5.0.

I don't know how about Rockchip, but if you post the brand and model of you boxes it will be possible to give some accurate info.

Maybe you could specify which boxes you actually have, because as far as I know the Amlogic cpu's used in boxes more than 6 months old don't even support Android 5.0.

I don't know how about Rockchip, but if you post the brand and model of you boxes it will be possible to give some accurate info.

I get your point. A lot of current boxes will become redundant. And certainly something to look at if buying a new one.

You appear to be very Knowledgeable about Android Boxes. You should start an android box forum. there are always a lot of people looking for information.

I get your point. A lot of current boxes will become redundant. And certainly something to look at if buying a new one.

You appear to be very Knowledgeable about Android Boxes. You should start an android box forum. there are always a lot of people looking for information.

No need to start an Android box forum since there are a few good ones already, like Freaktab and to a lesser content XDA Developers.

Then there is also the Minix forum for Minix devices only, just so everyone is informed, if you purchase an expensive Minix with a S812 Amlogic cpu it will be a paper weight in the near future.

Minix has announce that they definitely will not update to Android Lolipop since there is no supported firmware available for that processor.

Edited by Berty100