Jetstar flight grounded: Hundreds of passengers stranded in Melbourne, Bangkok

webfact

Jetstar flight grounded: Hundreds of passengers stranded in Melbourne, Bangkok
Marika Dobbin and Nick Toscano

MELBOURNE: -- Hundreds of Jetstar passengers are stuck in both Melbourne and Bangkok after a plane was grounded for engineering checks.

The airline said the return flight JQ29 Melbourne-Bangkok was cancelled because engineers needed to undertake work on the aircraft.

The 787 Dreamliner will remain grounded in Melbourne, with a new replacement flight planned for Friday.

As many as 335 people in Melbourne and the same number in Bangkok are affected by the cancelled flight.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/jetstar-flight-grounded-hundreds-of-passengers-stranded-in-melbourne-bangkok-20160714-gq63z7.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2016-07-15

Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough!

"Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough"

Good to know i'm not the only one feeling like this ,Western culture becomes more of a pain in the ass the older you get!!!

Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough!

"Full of Aussie bogans" really, are you say all on board, except yourself, were ALL Aussies and ALL were "bogans" , pity you didn't leave the flight midway. By the way all countries, including Thailand, have bogans. And you judge an airline because you had an uncomfortable flight due to other passengers... I know who the real "bogan" is.

"Full of Aussie bogans" really, are you say all on board, except yourself, were ALL Aussies and ALL were "bogans" , pity you didn't leave the flight midway. By the way all countries, including Thailand, have bogans. And you judge an airline because you had an uncomfortable flight due to other passengers... I know who the real "bogan" is.

I flew Jetstar to India once. No bogans for me. Still a terrible airline, hell, the stewards wouldn't let people use the toilets for 20min while they served drinks because they were too lazy to move the cart back to their station. :mellow:

I flew Jetstar to India once. No bogans for me. Still a terrible airline, hell, the stewards wouldn't let people use the toilets for 20min while they served drinks because they were too lazy to move the cart back to their station. mellow.png

Now's that's efficient, every airline should do this, and also a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, 'slow drink service', 'didn't serve again for an hr', 'cart kept up and down aisle serveral times hitting me in elbows', 'was an hr before rubbish was collected' etc. unless it's medical people should be able to hold their bladder for 20mins no different than if flight is circling in queue for landing or waiting to take off behind a long queue.

Edited by casualobserver

What has that got to do with the article?? and what special nationality are you?

I flew Jetstar to India once. No bogans for me. Still a terrible airline, hell, the stewards wouldn't let people use the toilets for 20min while they served drinks because they were too lazy to move the cart back to their station. mellow.png

Now's that's efficient, every airline should do this, and also a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, 'slow drink service', 'didn't serve again for an hr', 'cart kept up and down aisle serveral times hitting me in elbows', 'was an hr before rubbish was collected' etc. unless it's medical people should be able to hold their bladder for 20mins no different than if flight is circling in queue for landing or waiting to take off behind a long queue.

One guy needed to go, he was right next to the cart and they didn't even need to go back to their station: All they had to do was move the cart past him (2m) and let him pass. It would have taken 10 seconds :rolleyes:

It seems to me, its perfectly acceptable on these boards to generalise and stereotype the whole Thai nation, and other various nationalities using derogatory comments so why not the Aussies...?

What has that got to do with the article?? and what special nationality are you?

Maybe he is Thai and fed up with westerners living in Thailand making derogatory remarks about the Thai people and nation all the time ?

Jetstar's name has a bad odour about it. It's related company Jetstar Pacific has a woeful reputation in Vietnam so far as unreliability and cancelled flights is concerned. Cattle truck class flying at best.

It seems to me, its perfectly acceptable on these boards to generalise and stereotype the whole Thai nation, and other various nationalities using derogatory comments so why not the Aussies...?

I think it's more a reflection on a certain proportion of Jetstar passengers rather than th country as a whole. Most Jetstar passengers are families looking for an affordable vacation: unfortunately when you get 30, 40, 50 bogans, hoons, drunks, whatever , on the same flight it has adverse consequences for everyone.

It's no different from a discount airline in any other part of the world. But it is a terrible airline : the cabin crews are ok ( mostly Asian) but the ground staff: the absolute pits.

Erm ... I don't think Jetstar fly to India yet, are you sure that you weren't on Jet Airways (of India), a completely different airline ?

They operate single-aisle B737s to Delhi & Mumbai, they are indeed fun-filled flights, full of holidaying Indians ... but the curry is good ! rolleyes.gif

edit to add ... Sorry, I see you already spotted this ... further down the thread !

Edited by Ricardo

I think it's more a reflection on a certain proportion of Jetstar passengers rather than th country as a whole. Most Jetstar passengers are families looking for an affordable vacation: unfortunately when you get 30, 40, 50 bogans, hoons, drunks, whatever , on the same flight it has adverse consequences for everyone.

It's no different from a discount airline in any other part of the world. But it is a terrible airline : the cabin crews are ok ( mostly Asian) but the ground staff: the absolute pits.

I think, but who am I, a plane ful of Australian Bogans, whatever they are, are to be preferred to a plane flying from Bangkok to Amsterdam and the other way around, where most of the passengers are mainland Chinese, stripping the pantries of all food and drink within an hour after departure, shouting and spitting, "spoiling" the toilets, and ultimately starting a fight.

Guess "Bogans" of whatever nationality but chinese are highly preferably.

Sometimes flights are good, sometimes bad.

In the past, I've heard of Jetstar cabin crews having to clean up dirty napkins left in the seat pockets at the end of the flight. As mentioned in another post, a percentage of customers are pretty ordinary.

I've flown the Jetstar Asia franchise BKK - Fukuoka return and that was a more than acceptable flight. So it depends on where you're flying with them, too - I avoid them between Australia and Thailand. That's in part because now they're replaced their A330s with 787s with 9 across seating (most airlines with the 787 are doing that) AND very tight seat pitch. They fares can be cheap (definitely not all the time), because in terms of space they don't offer much at all. Not my idea of a fun eight or nine hours, no matter how cheap.

Those Aussie hooligans weren't acting like axxholes They are axxholes.

Don't know about you guys, I fly Jetstar regularly BKK-MELB at least twice a year, good and modern planes,

efficient, good looking and helpful staff, on time most of the time, flexible carry on limits, and the best part is the

very reasonable fare that leaves TG well behind, many people seems to forget that this is a LLC, low cost carrier

and as such luxury and amenities comes at a price, I used to fly AirAsia but had to stop 3-4 hours each way,

I'm happy with Jetstar, their fares, service and direct flight, and No, I don't have shares with this airline

nor I work for them......

Edited by ezzra

You get what you pay for.Take a chance on a fly-by-night airlines and hope for the best.Last week Ryanair Airlines stated that can not refund any money for tickets not used before they went kaput as they lost their "Air worthiness" license to fly. (and they took the money for themselfs)

One guy needed to go, he was right next to the cart and they didn't even need to go back to their station: All they had to do was move the cart past him (2m) and let him pass. It would have taken 10 seconds :rolleyes:

Who cares

No disprespect intended but you are sounding like a bit of a snob.

Have never flown with them, but at least they are grounding the flight for work, it shows at least responsibility for passenger safety.

Jetstar's name has a bad odour about it. It's related company Jetstar Pacific has a woeful reputation in Vietnam so far as unreliability and cancelled flights is concerned. Cattle truck class flying at best.

apropos 'odour' I once flew with Jetstar from Nha Trang to Saigon in a business trip. All my bags and their contemts were soaked in seawater and stank of sea food....yes, plastic bags with seafood were just stowed with the luggage....and their response ? 'we are sorry' no offer of any kind to make up for the disaster....

they can be good as well as bad like many airlines, especially the cheapies. I have flown with them in Australia and out of Australia, the flight from Sydney to Phuket was pretty good actually, service was good and it was a pleasant flight, the ones in Australia though could have been a lot better. I was on crutches on one and they were great helping me onto the plane(ground staff) but when it landed they all simply walked off and left me there, the hosties were extremely arrogant, I ended up having to virtually sit on the steps and move down one at a time on my bum with my crutches and carry on baggage on top of my lap until a ground worker came and helped me, they do leave a bit to be desired at times.

Being the QANTAS cheap trick, you would have thought a spare 330 - 300 off the owner would come in handy, even if it was crewed by Q, be a good publicity exercise , maybe next time , meanwhile that's what you get on cut price deals, read the small print.......................................coffee1.gif

"Awful airline anyway,flew it to Bangkok once from Sydney out of desperation,to escape the post-New Year's Eve party miserable Sydneyites and it was full of Aussie Bogans,all acting like complete a**holes I couldn't get off fast enough"

Good to know i'm not the only one feeling like this ,Western culture becomes more of a pain in the ass the older you get!!!

My beef with this outfit is the difficulty to get clear answers about luggage allowances and more.

I fly regularly Bkk to Ho Chi Minh City and return and Bkk to Hanoi and return. A couple of times their promotion fares looked interesting but on their website no details whatever about luggage (is there a free allowance and/or how many baht for 15 kilos), do you offer extra travel insurance etc, etc.

I called their Bkk office a couple of times and got no answers whatever and the Bkk staff clearly quite surprised by my questions, response was: - Please call our Singapore office, and - Please call our Hanoi office.

On the other hand about 2 years back I did take advantage of a very low fare to HCMC and I was flying with just a cabin bag. The staff at check-in were focused, listened carefully and good English and friendly. The cabin crew were excellent, very customer focused, very safety focused, very well presented and listened carefully to any comments or request from passengers and everything was 'can do' and quickly. On that particular flight all of the cabin crew were Vietnamese and they all spoke very advanced English.

Edited by scorecard

My beef with this outfit is the difficulty to get clear answers about luggage allowances and more.

I fly regularly Bkk to Ho Chi Minh City and return and Bkk to Hanoi and return. A couple of times their promotion fares looked interesting but on their website no details whatever about luggage (is there a free allowance and/or how many baht for 15 kilos), do you offer extra travel insurance etc, etc.

I called their Bkk office a couple of times and got no answers whatever and the Bkk staff clearly quite surprised by my questions, response was: - Please call our Singapore office, and - Please call our Hanoi office.

On the other hand about 2 years back I did take advantage of a very low fare to HCMC and I was flying with just a cabin bag. The staff at check-in were focused, listened carefully and good English and friendly. The cabin crew were excellent, very customer focused, very safety focused, very well presented and listened carefully to any comments or request from passengers and everything was 'can do' and quickly. On that particular flight all of the cabin crew were Vietnamese and they all spoke very advanced English.

Most budget airlines sell the base fare as carry-on only. Baggage is an add-on in the purchase process and you select the level you require.