Looking for a short term wifi provider (no year long contract)

LadyStardust

Hello! I need to set up wifi in my new apartment but I'm only here for three months... Are they any internet providers that don't have year long contracts? I was suggested 3bb, AIS, and True Online but they all seem to have year long contracts... I'm not sure what to do now!

Hello! I need to set up wifi in my new apartment but I'm only here for three months... Are they any internet providers that don't have year long contracts? I was suggested 3bb, AIS, and True Online but they all seem to have year long contracts... I'm not sure what to do now!

Buy a 3g dongle it's about 399 a month it is not contracted but is recurring but you are not bound for a year. 30 days notice of leaving required. Truemove 3g usb plug and play. I don't think they charge for the device but I may be mistaken. Purchased in haste when waiting for Internet to be installed but has been a lifesaver. Has a wifi option on device too.

just got 3bb 4G as we are to far away from an exchange in burri ram to get ADSL. the little box has a battery backup, is usb or wall socket charged and generates wifi for the whole house. router was 2000thb but i could probably have got away with a 3G one. just pay month by mont with no contract. i am very impressed with the speed. i didnt want a dongle sticking out of the computer.

Buy a pocket WiFi router from AIS/Telewiz and pay for it on a monthly contract package from the shop?They're very good I used to use one for backup,plus you can use them anywhere in Bangkok when out and about.

i had something prepaid 6gb and at 4g speed in on my smartphone i think it was from true bought it at a seven 7⃣ eleven if u have a phone u can turn it into a wifi hotspot takes about 1 minute and it easy covers ur whole apartment.?they also run number of wifi hotsoots around the country

I suggest you buy an Aircard, it could be an AIS or DTAC or True Aircard and they come with a SIM and have in-built software to link it to your computer. You can simply buy any internet package you want - weekly, monthly or longer - either online or at one of their respective shops. No contract is required. I have two and activate one or other of them whenever I am in Thailand.

just got 3bb 4G as we are to far away from an exchange in burri ram to get ADSL. the little box has a battery backup, is usb or wall socket charged and generates wifi for the whole house. router was 2000thb but i could probably have got away with a 3G one. just pay month by mont with no contract. i am very impressed with the speed. i didnt want a dongle sticking out of the computer.

Tried posting a reply but posted it too early (new and don't know how to delete it)... Anyway, would you say the 4G one is fast enough to play videos on my computer? Also, is it unlimited data? Thank you!

Edited by LadyStardust

Buy a pocket WiFi router from AIS/Telewiz and pay for it on a monthly contract package from the shop?They're very good I used to use one for backup,plus you can use them anywhere in Bangkok when out and about.

Do you think it's fast enough to play videos on my computer? Is it unlimited data? Thank you!

Do you think it's fast enough to play videos on my computer? Is it unlimited data? Thank you!

4G will play videos on computer no problems. As I said I use my phone as hotpot using Dtac 4G was everything I needed

4G will play videos on computer no problems. As I said I use my phone as hotpot using Dtac 4G was everything I needed

Deepinthailand,

Could you do a speed test with 4G? I also might need to get it, but would be really interesting to know the speed. You can do it by visiting http://www.speedtest.net.

I would appreciate that.

Edited by Requiem

The 3g will struggle with HD but the 4g should be no problem,the packages are limited it looks like 14gb per month for 888 but when it runs out you can just renew it at the shop or I think online :

http://www.ais.co.th/one-2-call/maomaoontopnet/en/

I reside in a ewsidenxw here in Bangkok near the Fortune It City mall.

I have a 30 day internet pass word account that I renew each month through my residence here

Costs me 430 Baht for unlimited internet access for 30 days and renewable every month.

Also a good place to live here in this residence.

I have a 3 month contract to live here, which I pay the rent for each month.

Look them up at their internet URL www.tanataweyplaces.com and see what they have to offer as a place to live.

Within walking distance of the Fortune IT mall, the MRT, and a Tesci store .

thats what i have a pocket 4G wifi router with 3bb. i am living in rural esan and both my son and i can stream youtube at the same time. i am really impressed. just pay at the end of the month on what eve we use.

Deepinthailand,

Could you do a speed test with 4G? I also might need to get it, but would be really interesting to know the speed. You can do it by visiting http://www.speedtest.net.

I would appreciate that.

Where are you in thailand no point doing test if your not here varies all over better to pop into a dtac shop and ask them to show you speeds there for instance in Pattaya I got 9.35mbps here I get 15.45mbps both good enough to run videos easily. Edited by Deepinthailand

thats what i have a pocket 4G wifi router with 3bb. i am living in rural esan and both my son and i can stream youtube at the same time. i am really impressed. just pay at the end of the month on what eve we use.

Do they charge by Mb used and how much please

Do they charge by Mb used and how much please

can probably find the charges on their website. steps up as you use more it costs more. 1000thb gets about 20GB. have had it less than a month so i have not made a payment yet. seemed pretty cheap, much cheaper than in new zealand anyway.

i have only had 3bb pocket wifi for a few days but i dont think i will bother with ADSL again.

reasons being

easy to buy and set up. setting up the router on my last house was a real headache. one downside is i cant change the network name or password as far as i can see. not a big deal really.

portable. we can take it when we travel around. kids can even use it in the car on long trips.

low monthly charge if we are away and not using it.

supports up to 10 connections.

just did a speed test 34mbsp down and 24mbps upload. not sure if this is good or not but seems to run fast enough for the 3 of us.

has a built in battery so even if the power goes off we can still use the net. the wifi range is stated as 30 to 100m and does my whole house.

yet to see how much we will end up paying per month but charges seem pretty reasonable when i checked them in the shop.

Edited by williamgeorgeallen

I reside in a ewsidenxw here in Bangkok near the Fortune It City mall.

I have a 30 day internet pass word account that I renew each month through my residence here

Costs me 430 Baht for unlimited internet access for 30 days and renewable every month.

Also a good place to live here in this residence.

I have a 3 month contract to live here, which I pay the rent for each month.

Look them up at their internet URL www.tanataweyplaces.com and see what they have to offer as a place to live.

Within walking distance of the Fortune IT mall, the MRT, and a Tesci store .

The OP wants short term wi-fi, not an apartment!

Also, the web address you gave is wrong!

Edited by muzmurray

Just so you have a comparison mine on dtac 30 day package roll over any unused internet to next month 3.5gb at full 4G then after reverts to slower speed (I have never used up the 3.5gb yet but it depends on your usage). Free dtac to dtac calls 24/7 and cheep calls to uk. 399bht a month there are other packaged available.

As I say just for comparison.