Price of used iPhone

MARZI23

I'm planning to visit Bangkok soon and i was wondering that how much would an used or refurbished iPhone 6/6S, i heard that the best place to buy used phones would be to go to MBK centre. I was also wondering that how much would my used HTC One M8 would go for as i was planning to sell that there.

Dont even think about it, they stock copy iPhones one seller showed me as i was walking past, i said why do i want that his reply was to impress your girlfriend, i pulled my 6+ out he just smiles and said this one only 3000B.

Im sure you could get yourself an iphone in MBK, i did once one of the first smart phones, wasn't a smart move on my part.

Use the website.

Maybe just wait until you get here, then walk around. Every mall here has at least a hundred mobile phone shops. There aren't a lot of used 6/6S currently.

There are magazines - check out a newstand in a mall - which have many lists of wholesale (the price you receive when selling your used phone) and retail (the price you pay when buying a used phone) prices.

A lot would depend on the exact model/memory.

Your HTC might fetch 5,000 baht, if you could find someone to buy it. But a lot depends on condition, and if you have all the original bits/bobs/box.

http://bangkok.craigslist.co.th/search/moa

What about MBK? At what price can i expect to get an used iPhone 6/6S

At MBK you can expect to get a good quality COPY for a good price. Buy ONLY at known retailers. Doubt you will get much for your HTC though.

Dont even think about it, they stock copy iPhones one seller showed me as i was walking past, i said why do i want that his reply was to impress your girlfriend, i pulled my 6+ out he just smiles and said this one only 3000B.

Im sure you could get yourself an iphone in MBK, i did once one of the first smart phones, wasn't a smart move on my part.

Use the website.

"They" also stock real iPhones, so think about it.

Use which website?

Thailand is actually not a good place to buy phones or electronics. I've made about 50% on my money buying phones on Craigslist in the US and selling them on Craigslist in Thailand.

If I was going to buy an iPhone in Thailand, I would only consider it from the Apple store. MBK is super expensive, I really don't know why anyone goes there.

Edited by BudRight

how good are these copies? i mean seriously, if you turned it on, and tried to go to the apple store, clearly it wouldnt work...it cant be hard to tell.

I saw an iphone copy few years ago (assuming they're better now) and yep, physically it looked the same(ish), and the home page had copied the icons pretty well, but beyond that, its was running some terrible os, that looks nothing like the real thing, and the touch screen was appalling.

I think if you've used an iphone, you could pick out a fake...

As for the OP, nah thailand isnt cheap for buying 2nd hand iPhones, in fact its a good place to sell them, they hold their value well

A new iPhone is actually just about the same price here in Thailand as it is in the U.S., as is most Apple kit.

(iPhone 6/16 GB: 22,500 THB (incl. 7 % VAT) - $649 in the U.S., before any applicable sales tax. I'm not sure if it's 22,500 in Apple stores here, where a tourist might be able to get the 7% VAT back?)

http://www.apple.com/th-en/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s

However there may be warranty/service/repair issues so sort those out before you purchase.

Most phones sold in the U.S. will be a different version - not iPhones per se - so they may not be the best option for Thailand given the different 3G & 4G bands. I personally have bought a U.S. version of a phone, and wish I had bought the international version. It works great in the U.S. obviously, but has limited 4G here (1800 MHz only). It still works fine, getting 4G/1800 in most places and 3G on all bands.

A new iPhone is actually just about the same price here in Thailand as it is in the U.S., as is most Apple kit.

(iPhone 6/16 GB: 22,500 THB (incl. 7 % VAT) - $649 in the U.S., before any applicable sales tax. I'm not sure if it's 22,500 in Apple stores here, where a tourist might be able to get the 7% VAT back?)

http://www.apple.com/th-en/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6

http://www.apple.com/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6s

However there may be warranty/service/repair issues so sort those out before you purchase.

Most phones sold in the U.S. will be a different version - not iPhones per se - so they may not be the best option for Thailand given the different 3G & 4G bands. I personally have bought a U.S. version of a phone, and wish I had bought the international version. It works great in the U.S. obviously, but has limited 4G here (1800 MHz only). It still works fine, getting 4G/1800 in most places and 3G on all bands.

This is not right. Any (newer than 4S) iPhone is a world phone and will work in Thailand.

Also, a good condition second hand 6 is no way 22,500baht - more like 10,000 baht in the US. Just because Apple is still charging an arm and a leg for an old phone doesn't mean anyone is buying,

This is not right. Any (newer than 4S) iPhone is a world phone and will work in Thailand.

Correct, I said as much with the caveat "not iPhones per se". I was referring to Android phones, which for the most part, come in several different 'versions', for example: EMEA, U.S., Korea, Japan, China, where some of the 3G and LTE bands are quite different, and yes, there is some overlap.

Also, a good condition second hand 6 is no way 22,500baht - more like 10,000 baht in the US. Just because Apple is still charging an arm and a leg for an old phone doesn't mean anyone is buying,

Again, I said a NEW iPhone 6/16 GB was/is 22,500 THB (here in Thailand, includes 7% VAT). A second-hand iPhone 6/16 GB (RETAIL, the price you would pay at a shop, and not the price you might pay the current owner directly) might be ~ 15,000 THB (here in Thailand).

Refurbished phones are normally repaired with cheap replacement parts and should be avoided. Phones older than two or three years can fail at any time. Buy name brand new phones and feel confident that you will be totally satisfied.Why would you want to pay a big price for an old outdated phone. Once in a while you can get a bargain on a fairly new still under warranty top of the line phone. I bought a Galaxy S5 from a guy who bought it for his wife. He sold it to me because his spoiled wife wanted an iPhone. The S5 had the original receipt and most of the factory warranty remaining.

What about MBK? At what price can i expect to get an used iPhone 6/6S

At MBK you can expect to get a good quality COPY for a good price. Buy ONLY at known retailers. Doubt you will get much for your HTC though.

I think the WhizBang is wright you should buy Only at known retailers.