Foreign Ministry assures international community expression towards draft charter permitted

webfact

Foreign Ministry assures international community expression towards draft charter permitted

cha.jpg

BANGKOK, 18 July 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has assured the international community that Thailand’s draft charter and its public referendum process is open to opinion from all sides.

Respond to calls for more freedom of expression towards the draft charter, Foreign Affairs Ministry Spokesperson Sek Wannamethee has affirmed that the Thai government is open to all opinions and views concerning the draft and that it has been in constant contact with all foreign embassies in Thailand on the document and its referendum process. He explained that taking in opinions from all sectors is in accordance with the government’s Roadmap for Democracy, and that the state is working within the law to ensure peace and stability in the nation without suppressing freedom of expression.

The spokesman added that the Public Referendum Act of 2016 contains a clause ensuring honest and legal expression is guaranteed, pointing out discussion on the draft charter can be seen on a wide scale. He noted nonetheless, that the government must act in cases where social order and peace are threatened, reminding that all forms of expression must be done within their proper limits.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-18 footer_n.gif

...but omit that any expression against the draft charter will be met with arbitrary imprisonment and "attitude adjustment" sessions.

The international community knows the truth. And all opinions against the charter are willingly accepted at your local police station or military base (whoops, I mean reeducation center) while you are charged (consider it a confession....50% reduction in jail time).

Sometimes, there just aren't any words that are adequate for the purpose. I find that happens much more in Thailand than it ever used to in the other countries of lived in, but it may just be a function of increasing age and decreasing tolerance of stupidity.

Winnie

"pointing out discussion on the draft charter can be seen on a wide scale". intheclub.gif

"He noted nonetheless, that the government must act in cases where social order and peace are threatened, reminding that all forms of expression must be done within their proper limits." annoyed.gif

The problem is if a person disagrees publicly with the draft they are then accused of causing unrest and a threat to peace then it's off too gaol

Also if you use social media, then you can also be charged with computer crimes as well as causing a threat to peace and it's off too gaol.

And another little chest nut while commenting on the draft, what is with the you must not rude or impolite, or it's off too gaol.

The international community knows what cooking, it's these statements that are just for domestic consumption, cause if a junta say's it so then enjoy your crap sandwich people and you will like it or it's off too gaol.

The problem is if a person disagrees publicly with the draft they are then accused of causing unrest and a threat to peace then it's off too gaol

Also if you use social media, then you can also be charged with computer crimes as well as causing a threat to peace and it's off too gaol.

And another little chest nut while commenting on the draft, what is with the you must not rude or impolite, or it's off too gaol.

The international community knows what cooking, it's these statements that are just for domestic consumption, cause if a junta say's it so then enjoy your crap sandwich people and you will like it or it's off too gaol.

As of three days ago 113 individuals have been prosecuted for voicing opposing views on the draft constitution. Of the 113 individuals, 94 were charged for violating the Order of the Head of the NCPO no. 3/2015, five were charged for violating Section 61 of the Constitutional Referendum Act, 13 were charged for violating both the Order of the Head of the NCPO no. 3/2015 and Section 61, and one was charged, initially for violating the Order of the Head of the NCPO no. 3/2015 first, and later, on 12 July 2016, for violating Section 61 of the Constitutional Referendum Act. [Source]

Yep, sure looks like expression towards draft charter is permitted to me!

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has assured the international community that Thailand’s draft charter and its public referendum process is open to opinion from all sides (Left, Middle, and Right).

But, I have a sneaking feeling that it will fall on deaf ears!

post-209291-0-81699300-1468836326_thumb.

Sometimes, there just aren't any words that are adequate for the purpose. I find that happens much more in Thailand than it ever used to in the other countries of lived in, but it may just be a function of increasing age and decreasing tolerance of stupidity.

Winnie

Maybe post 11 comes close rolleyes.gif

I'm international community- think you're full of BS junta - I can say what I want - your clauses on the referendum is can say what I want but can't say what I want - unless in favour - meanwhile the corruption goes on and nothing from the powers that be that be seen to able to stop it - unless it suits them - how come so many army and police not unusually wealthy until it suits them- how come certain massage parlours raided but not all

How come all drug runners and traffickers never caught - especially the people that are the big wigs like the Hi so (or not hi so lady) alleged to be be connected to hi ranking officials- red bull heir - "I will prosecute him" then next quote " who said that"

That's why we just laugh and get on with our lives